Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ranked PvP is Insane

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
I barely play PvP. I probably play it like once or twice every 2 or 3 months. And It's usually Practice. But today, I decided to play a Ranked match. It was AWFUL. In the second round, two players on the other team casted Tempest with over 1,000 damage and destroyed half my team. My Storm Shields never even came up. I never even got to cast my Dragon. I also got chain stunned a ton.

It wasn't worth 20 minutes to find a match. Yes. TWENTY minutes. That's crazy!

Not to mention those trash talkers who call my teammates noobs and laugh when they die. Where's the sportsmanship?

And afterwords, I lose PvP score. Downranking. Wonderful!

The Pet Derby is way more fun. But, I'll stick to farming, crafting, gardening, other Wizards, and waiting for the next expansions. I'm glad this insanity isn't required. If anything, I'll be playing Practice PvP.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Yea people take their ranked PvP very seriously. And storm with tempest seems to be on top right now. I would just tell you to stick to practice. I myself am a warlord and never wanted to practice because I thought I would never find a good challenge but I was wrong a ton of warlords only practice PvP. And because no one wants to waste their treasures on a practice. And their is no point in trash talking in practice because you don't get anything from it. It is much more enjoyable to practice PvP rather than rank pvp.