Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Most annoying spell?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 23, 2015
just gonna say earthquake is annoying in ds if they use it,removes all your blades.

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
I personally, in all worlds, absolutely despise Black Mantle. When I use it on someone, they never seem to fizzle, but when they do, I miss with otherwise 100% spells.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2012
Defender
Dec 07, 2012
I would have to say,
  • 1. Scarecrow
  • 2. Weakness
  • 3. Lore
Also... That moment when someone/a mob stuns you, and your about to heal yourself or attack...God.

-Fiona

Survivor
Aug 03, 2012
Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Did I already say Weakness?

Celestia mobs are already more enjoyable than Dragonspyre mobs.

But even the Celestians are guilty of casting mutation spells. The ones that have a slightly different effect from its base card are one thing, but it's a different problem if they have the exact same stats, save for the school. Gives ice mobs both good offensive and defensive power, making them the hardest to fight.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2014
Myth Imp. For those who have finished CL, remember the Piscean Centurions from the Crustacean Empire? For whatever reason that spell is always casted when I'm going to heal or attack (I'm a Necromancer and I heal with Satyr without a Life mastery amulet).

Survivor
Jun 11, 2016
I know it's already been said a million times before, but the spell that annoys me the most is definitely Weakness.

Explorer
Jan 19, 2014
Weakness, duh. Along with any spell that gives you a weakness or mantle. Like Efreet or Loremaster! That's all.

"When life is hard, just use a stronger spell" - Brady

Survivor
Mar 03, 2013
1. Weakness
2. Tower Shield
3. Absorb (although on my death I don't mind it that much)
4. Earthquake (IF any DS mobs or bosses cast it but I'm really reffering to the mobs in Celestia or Zafaria.

Explorer
May 27, 2012
Storm Sharks.
I just got to Dragonspyre and realized that every enemy, no matter what you fight, has some variation of Storm Sharks (Fire Sharks, Ice Sharks,).

I've considered it a tradition to see a sea of water raising above the duel circle, as two sharks jump around it, then in my face. The next thing I see is a loading screen and a pool of mana in the Basilica.

Explorer
May 27, 2012
hp1055cm on Jul 22, 2011 wrote:
Weakness. Definitely Weakness. I get headaches just thinking about Weakness spells in DS.
I know weakness is bad, but ever since I succeeded in making it through the 1/4 of Dragonspyre, I figured out a strategy.
Use your wand attack to waste the weakness, then cast the spell you were reserving.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2012
FDrybob on Jul 21, 2011 wrote:
What is the most annoying spells enemies have casted on you in Dragonspyre?
Mine is the fire meteor!
I would have to say either Tower shield, or weakness. They are hard to deal with

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Necromancer Mark D... on Jul 24, 2016 wrote:
I know weakness is bad, but ever since I succeeded in making it through the 1/4 of Dragonspyre, I figured out a strategy.
Use your wand attack to waste the weakness, then cast the spell you were reserving.
Good luck doing that with a Sorceror.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2009
I'd have to say Earthquake.
Tower Shield and Weakness don't hinder me nearly as much as Earthquake does.

Survivor
Sep 28, 2015
Survivor
Mar 28, 2015
Tower shields and weakness.
Altho since im in Zafaria, the life creatures there can cast empowerment and rebirth, and on top of all that they have 3500 health

Hannah DreamShard lv70

Survivor
Aug 17, 2016
Weakness is a very annoying spell, especially when you've got all your blades and traps ready.

But I think my least favourite of all time would be Tower Shield! It's just a pain to get rid of!

Survivor
Sep 04, 2011
Survivor
Sep 10, 2011
Explorer
May 09, 2011
Do I even need to say it anymore?

Weakness/Tower by far. I suddenly realize why KI added DoTs.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Katie SpiritWhispe... on Aug 3, 2016 wrote:
I'd have to say Earthquake.
Tower Shield and Weakness don't hinder me nearly as much as Earthquake does.
I have developed the habit of putting myth dispels in my deck when I fight myth bosses, just to deal with earthquake. Anyone can learn the myth dispel for 1 training point, from Mildred Farseer in Colossus avenue. The spell is actually called vaporize. You cast it on an enemy and the next myth spell it casts fails to go off, but still burns pips. Works best if you are going first and the enemy has six pips in front of him. A little harder to use if you are going second. When fighting bosses of other schools I put appropriate shields in my deck, fighting myth I bring dispels instead.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Weakness yeah but if I see it in time I just use a zero pip attack and get rid of it that way.

I dislike the spells that remove x amount of energy per round, for the same reason I like to cast them onto the enemy...they are effective :p

Explorer
Dec 12, 2012
Weakness
Ra, SO SLOW
Tower Sheild
Elemental/Spirit Shield
Black Mantle
Smokescreen
Dispels
Discharm? The one that takes your blades away
Steal Ward
Steal Health Round thingy
Rebirth (When its castes for the other team)
Storm Lord (Stun)
Freeze (Stun)
Blinding Light (Stun)
Minions
So basically, hates on ice and balance! No offense.
Katie LifeSword

Survivor
Jul 09, 2016
Efreet
Earthquake

...are both tied for me. While Earthquake removes all blades, Efreet casts a -90% debuff. I can't tell you how long it took me for street battles in Azteca when both of those happened. You guys think Weakness is bad? Try getting a -90% debuff when you have all your blades on!