Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Most annoying spell?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 10, 2013
In both PVP and Questing it is annoying when people or minions...

1) Spam Weakness
2) Tower Shield
3) Stun
4) Heal (Satyr, Fairy, Etc.)
5) Absorb

Tara FairyBlossom Level 63
&
Tara GriffinBlossom Level 11

from the realm of Wu

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
The hated spells that are in Dragonspyre are like Weakness, Tower shield, and those protection poxs ALWAYS cast shields which are frustrating.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2011
DevinSkullStone on Oct 30, 2013 wrote:
The hated spells that are in Dragonspyre are like Weakness, Tower shield, and those protection poxs ALWAYS cast shields which are frustrating.
I hate those protection poxes too, and weaknesses, towers, and stuns.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
As a life wizard the most annoying spell is, without a doubt, myth imp. It drives me completely insane.

Dustin sky

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
I think it is weakness probably, it is so annoying cause you gotta use a wandstrike to get it off, and it is the most annoying when the wandstrike is your school and have blades on you and traps on the enemy/enemies.

Survivor
May 12, 2012
FDrybob on Jul 21, 2011 wrote:
What is the most annoying spells enemies have casted on you in Dragonspyre?
Mine is the fire meteor!
Weakness is so annoying

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
FDrybob on Jul 21, 2011 wrote:
What is the most annoying spells enemies have casted on you in Dragonspyre?
Mine is the fire meteor!
Weakness! I cringed every time my wizards have entered dragonspyre because of it.

Miranda Starblood lvl 70

Survivor
Sep 16, 2009
i think mine would be earthquake and stun. i hate getting set up with blades and then they use it. then its back to the drawing board. then getting stun having to wait a turn or two. thats annoying!

Survivor
May 17, 2011
Here R Some Of My Least Fav Spells

=weakness, of course
=evil snowman
= rotting fotter
=nothin'
=all most every single spell
=nothin'
=storm bats

Survivor
Apr 14, 2011
oh my glob its always weakness I always am about to use a all enemie attack spell with lots of blades and traps to kill them and then weakness :P so after they have like 85 life or something oh and im balance so I actually have the spell myself XD

Survivor
Aug 11, 2012
Well, since I haven't yet encountered this "weakness" thing y'all are talking about, or a lot of the more advanced spells...

Absorb Shield (Encountered this once fighting a boss way above my level. ^^ It just takes so much TIME!)
Locust Swarm (Whenever I see it, I just go O_O! I dunno why, really.)
Storm Shark (Lots of damage. Not lots of pips.)

Melissa Hawkriver
Level 31

Survivor
Jun 09, 2013
Fire Meteor? What? The answer is definitely weakness, everyone seems to have invested in balance.

Survivor
Apr 20, 2013
If it's me fighting against a CPU opponent, the last spells I ever want to see is a balance or ice symbol being cast while the opponent is low on pips. Reason? Because there's a good chance that it'd be a Weakness or an Tower Shield. My biggest pet peeve!

As for a spell itself and not its effects ... Cyclops is a bit annoying because the flexing animation makes it much longer than most third-rank spells. It may get a bit tiresome.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Most annoying spells to be on the receiving end.

= Mana Burn
= Lord of Winter / Stun
= Virulent Plague / Doom & Gloom
= Efreet
= Earthquake / Medusa / Myth Imp
= Gnomes
= Enfeeble

I think Enfeeble and Earthquake probably top the list because they wipe out all blade setup.

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
and yes, lets not forget the good old annoying tower shield and absorb!

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
definitely towershield it's the worst when enemies cast it but for me not so much

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
Weakness, totally.
I hate that spell. ( and i'm being nice )

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 31 theurgist

Survivor
Dec 23, 2012
Survivor
Mar 14, 2013
All creatures up to dragonspyre can cast 3 pip spells, such as cyclops, storm shark, sunbird, evil snowman, and banshee. Weakness is also very common, although it can fizzle.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2012
silversorceress on Aug 25, 2011 wrote:
Weakness, And Vampire (from Death Enemies)
*Funny how we all say Weakness** They cast it every round!*
Heather W.
Balance Lvl. 45
Master Sorcerer
Yes i agree 2 ur Quote! W101 name: Madeline SpriteLeaf!

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
I can deal with efreet's -90 and deaths virulent plague and a little weakness but I hate the mana burn with every fiber of my being it was such a pain in Avalon and Azteca the balance spammed it in az to much i hated it but then there is enfeeble I hate it but not as much as mana burn I usually use one or too blade spells

so its pretty much mana burn it sucks so much

Survivor
Nov 11, 2012
Weakness and storm spells (storm shield) because i am a storm type

Jeremy Darkhunter Level 51 storm wizard

Survivor
Mar 10, 2010
Weakness means nothing to me... Wild bolt on the other hand drives me insane especially when i just about defeat a rank 12-13 boss and then they critical blade it with a result of 2400 damage without resistance
Though everyone has resistence to storm by the time you reach celestia -where its introduced-

Survivor
May 28, 2011
Lol, I can break through the tower shields and the weakness, I don't like the storm shield ;)--

Survivor
Aug 25, 2011
The tried and true weakness and tower shield. And when I'm playing my life the imp. grrrr....