Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

If it's not one thing it's another

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
I finally got the game to let me beyond the verifying character stage - yay!

Now I am having an issue that the game freezes and stops responding when I port from one place to another, say entering the Grotto in Celestia, or going home, or dying and going back to the main area, any door really. You name it, it freezes and I have to reboot the whole computer. Also, every time I open the program it asks to make changes to the hard drive...weird, but okay, sure, do that.

Anyone else having this issue? Anyone else fix this issue?

I'm spending more time rebooting than playing.

Administrator
Have you taken a moment to discuss these issues with our support team? They're standing by waiting to help young Wizards with issues exactly like yours - please use the resources available to you.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/contactus

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
Professor Greyrose,

With all due respect, I was asking the wizarding community at large in case someone else had encountered this issue as it seems several people are having connectivity issues of late.

Additionally, as I'm sure tech support is quite busy, asking the community often yields a much faster response than using the resources available, as that can, at times, take days for any response.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
well this happened to me a lot when i was a young storm but not anymore i figured out it was my connection every single time it was over heated.. that explained that.. so i let it rest more and it was going well if you have any problems with connection i would recommend trying to play the game at the lowest settings to say the truth...there's no difference also play in a non crowded realm obviously by that i mean perfect of course if this doesnt solve your problem then i dont know sorry i would recommend checking in wizard101 central people reply faster there 8) i hope you get your problem fixed soon and am just sharing a same experience

Explorer
May 09, 2011
Hello,

And YES!! I do have that problem, I randomly can't move my mouse, do CTRL+ALT+DELETE, so I have to re-boot, which is horrible for my computer, it happens about every 30 minutes, it is VERY annoying! Please let me know, if anyone finds a solution, we both need it..

well this happened to me a lot when i was a young storm but not anymore i figured out it was my connection every single time it was over heated.. that explained that.. so i let it rest more and it was going well if you have any problems with connection i would recommend trying to play the game at the lowest settings to say the truth...there's no difference also play in a non crowded realm obviously by that i mean perfect of course if this doesnt solve your problem then i dont know sorry i would recommend checking in wizard101 central people reply faster there i hope you get your problem fixed soon and am just sharing a same experience

I have this problem A LOT.... What do you mean the connection over heats? I freeze every about 1-2 hours after I log on!

Hopefully you & I can resolve this issue, I have sent the support team a message!

-Mason D.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
I think i can be at a litlle assistance here. You may have a full or very low spaced hard drive. That could severly slow down your computer(s). Here is how you delete stuff off your hard drive.
Step1. Go to your control pannel.
Step2. Click change/remove programs.
Step3. Click on things that say they are rarely used or you knoe for a fact you dont use them.
Step4. Remove those items. It is amazing how much items are on your computer that you dont use. I can garentee you will gain back at least 10% of hard drive spce from the things you dont use. After that, your computer preformances should dramaticly speed up! hoped that helped you, young wizard (old wizards too ) And have fun on your journey through the spiral!
Ps. I like Professor Greyrose. She is so small, and she is a fairy type thing!