Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Astral school - training points

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
i just arrived at Celestia and i saw the trainers for the astral schools. i plan on choosing the sun and star but i am out of training points. using crowns to take back my old training points is out of the question. is there any way to gain more training points besides leveling up? and how many training points would i need to master most of one of the astral schools (probably sun or star) any help is appreaciated!

Tiffany Pixigem- level 49 theurgist
You can find me in Celestia

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Besides leveling for training points, there are some quests, like Zeke's that do provide training points as a reward, check out a fansite for specific quests.

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
You can earn up to 6 more training points in CL by the time you complete it.
There are guides at Wizard101central.com that have a complete list of spells for each school.
You will not be able to get them all, so take your time deciding which ones you want.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2011
you go by 4's when you get in twentys so if you lvl up you will get a point and buy a gobbler or a salmander

Survivor
Apr 05, 2009
you get training points from odgen peake he calls you to do his quests in cl gives training points

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
also, enrollment gives you a training point (when you get introduced to the professors and sub)

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
You need 4 training points to get Gargantuan (Sun School), which is really the only astral spell worth getting, in my opinion.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
malt22 wrote:
You need 4 training points to get Gargantuan (Sun School), which is really the only astral spell worth getting, in my opinion.

You need a lot more than that! The astral schools are like ravenwood, you must learn them in sequencial order. I lerned that with polymorph because i wanted storm elemental but now i have to wait until i finish the lizard quet to get my final training point for it

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
stormschool99 wrote:
malt22 wrote:

You need a lot more than that! The astral schools are like ravenwood, you must learn them in sequencial order. I lerned that with polymorph because i wanted storm elemental but now i have to wait until i finish the lizard quet to get my final training point for it

You only need 4 training points to get the spell Gargantuan:

1 for Strong
1 for Giant
1 for Monstrous
1 for Gargantuan

You have to train in sequential order. So yes it only takes 4 training points and level 58 to get that spell.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
kingurz wrote:
stormschool99 wrote:
malt22 wrote:

1 for Strong
1 for Giant
1 for Monstrous
1 for Gargantuan

You have to train in sequential order. So yes it only takes 4 training points and level 58 to get that spell.

No, beause all of the spells lead up to garg. It includes the accuracy boosts

Historian
May 01, 2010
stormschool99 wrote:
kingurz wrote:
stormschool99 wrote:
malt22 wrote:

1 for Strong
1 for Giant
1 for Monstrous
1 for Gargantuan

You probably wasted you points didnt you? Kingurz is right, you only need the damage spells for garg. but if you want unstoppable, you need accuracy enchantments (I wouldnt bother because almost every school has fair accuracy, or accuracy from gear). I used 4 training points to get garg. kingurz probably did too.

Anyway, you can get 4 training points from odgen, 2 from leveling, and if you do zeke quests for Wysteria, Wintertusk, and Celestia, you have three, so you will be able to get all of sun (damage of course) and star spells.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
stormschool99 wrote:
kingurz wrote:
stormschool99 wrote:
malt22 wrote:

1 for Strong
1 for Giant
1 for Monstrous
1 for Gargantuan

Again.....that is incorrect.

As the Wizard101 Wiki clearly states (and proven in-game), you do not need any accuary spells to be trained to get Gargantuan, only the three previous damage enhancements.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Gargantuan

Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
The star school school is the coolest and you have to be a grandmater to get the sun school

Explorer
Sep 05, 2011
Aelita987 wrote:
i just arrived at Celestia and i saw the trainers for the astral schools. i plan on choosing the sun and star but i am out of training points. using crowns to take back my old training points is out of the question. is there any way to gain more training points besides leveling up? and how many training points would i need to master most of one of the astral schools (probably sun or star) any help is appreaciated!

Tiffany Pixigem- level 49 theurgist
You can find me in Celestia

Depending on what zeke tasks you have done these are the training points you will get.
3 from ogden peake
2 from leveling up
2 from wt and cl from zeke
You will get at least 7 training points.

Explorer
Dec 16, 2009