Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching Questions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
Just some quick questions:

1) If I were to hatch a Dark Sprite with a Satyr, is it possible to get a satyr?

2) Also, is it possible to get a Dark sprite with Satyr card?

3) Are hybrid percentages different from normal 50-50 hatch percentages?

4) If I hatch with a hybrid, is it possible to get the same hybrid?

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
When you hatch you have a 50-50 chance of getting one of the two pets so if you did hatch dark sprite with satyr you may get satyr or just another dark sprite.

Hybrids are special pets and only are made when you hatch a school pet or some promotional pets with other school or promotional pets.

If you did hatch the dark sprite with the satyr I don't think your sprite will have the satyr card but the talents the satyr would give have a chance of getting to the dark sprite. Plus your new dark sprite would have a higher pedigree.

Hatching is kind of hard to understand at points and to be honest the best way to learn is try it out for yourself.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
In answer to your questions in order, No, No, No, Yes.

A regular life only school Satyr can't be hatched to another player, it is a school specific pet that is only obtained from that school teacher, but the person with the Satyr pet can get it as a result of the hatch if they don't get the potential hybrid.

No it is not possible to have pets switch cards, you will always get the card of the dominant parent-what it looks like-but you can manipulate the stats and talents via hatching and training.

Hybrid percent is low to mix between pets that may produce a hybrid.

If you hatch with a hybrid pet, you do have a chance of getting that hybrid pet as a result.