Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life should get a DoT spell.

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Tandrak1992 wrote:
Fire did use to be the only dot school. Now everybody has dots.

So poison and frostbite (rank 4 and 5 spells, respectively) are new additions to the game then? I would hardly term a pet spell (for myth) and a pet or elf mutate (for storm) as "Now everybody has dots".

Survivor
Jun 09, 2011
gtarhannon wrote:
Tandrak1992 wrote:

So poison and frostbite (rank 4 and 5 spells, respectively) are new additions to the game then? I would hardly term a pet spell (for myth) and a pet or elf mutate (for storm) as "Now everybody has dots".

Well most obviously there are meant to be differences and a certain purpose for each school. As in ice has high life but low damage. where storm has high damage but low life. It would be rather foolish to give storm a damage over time spell considering the whole point of storm is to kill them before they kill you. Hit hard and hit fast. And myth is based a lot in moves that dispell charms, wards, shields, and most forward, minions. As far as i can tell Dots are meant to break through shields. Myth would not need them because they have spells that do just that already such as mini and earthquake. and to give a storm a dot would be foolish because they are meant to kill the enemy QUICKLY before they themselves become the victim. So your argument is completly irrelivant.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Sincerely i think life doesn't need a DoT due to the fact of their major heals allowing them to live a lot longer in duels than any other school. Basically the only way to stop them is by having a doom and gloom which is sometimes very fatal to the caster.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Tandrak1992 wrote:
Well most obviously there are meant to be differences and a certain purpose for each school. As in ice has high life but low damage. where storm has high damage but low life. It would be rather foolish to give storm a damage over time spell considering the whole point of storm is to kill them before they kill you. Hit hard and hit fast. And myth is based a lot in moves that dispell charms, wards, shields, and most forward, minions. As far as i can tell Dots are meant to break through shields. Myth would not need them because they have spells that do just that already such as mini and earthquake. and to give a storm a dot would be foolish because they are meant to kill the enemy QUICKLY before they themselves become the victim. So your argument is completly irrelivant.

My argument is not completely irrelevant. Death and Ice have always had poison and frostbite respectively, mutate elf spells have been available for ice and storm forever, and balance has had hydra for as long as I can tell. While DoT spells are clearly Fire's specialty, it has never been close to exclusive as you implied. The only real unprecedented difference is a myth pet which gives you a single item card that happens to be a DoT and as you so deftly pointed out, myth never really needed it in the first place since they have a variety of double hit spells, shield dropping spells, and earthquake. I think that between the two of us, we have fully disproved this assertion:

Tandrak1992 wrote:

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
kingurz wrote:

Balance can mutate their Locust Swarm into an Ice damage over time.

Nope, polar swarm is an ICE spell. As in it costs three power pips, and doesn't obtain gear bonus. Saying balance has a DoT spell is like saying fire has three 2 pip DoT spells because you can mutate fire elf into ice and storm elf.

If you have ever done a 1v1 on a balance wizard, you would realize how hard it it to deal with elemental shields as spectral blast is our main attack (judgment leaves you pipless.) It costs 6 pips to clear them, then they just come right back up for 0 pips. Balance and life are in need of DoT spells. If storm got one then they would dominate the arena.