Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life should get a DoT spell.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I think that Life should get a Damage Over Time spell since they have a complicated time defeating their foes. Life and balance are the only schools that can't find any way to do their damage over time. Life could have a Holy Fire spell while balance could have something else.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Life probably will but the game just needs to mature a bit. I mean it would seem contradictory to give life a spell that gets rid of DoTs. And then immediately give them a DoT. Plus I also want to stress how in like one patch schools are losing what makes their schools individual, and what makes them different. And I think rushing DoTs to the schools that don't have them are a prime example of this.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
bravevline wrote:
I think that Life should get a Damage Over Time spell since they have a complicated time defeating their foes. Life and balance are the only schools that can't find any way to do their damage over time. Life could have a Holy Fire spell while balance could have something else.

Balance can mutate their Locust Swarm into an Ice damage over time.

Defender
Apr 01, 2011

"Yeh jes grab yerself a hould o' dem life prisms n wear yer death wand. ooh i seen plenty o' life warlord in meh 300 yers o' life."
-Prospector Zeke, walking soul of Bartleby.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
No, the schools are not losing their "individuality" the school only spells make them all the more unique as do their school only clothes that are needed to have large effects with those spells.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
bravevline wrote:
No, the schools are not losing their "individuality" the school only spells make them all the more unique as do their school only clothes that are needed to have large effects with those spells.

If you haven't noticed fire used to be the only school with DoT spells that being our specialty making us stand out now basicly all the schools except life have DoT spells. Life shouldnt get one and does not need one. If you ask me life doesnt have a hard time a single life blade and forest lord is plenty.
I dont see anyone else complain about life not having a DoT. No other class has a drain spell except death so now Kingisle should give everyone a drain spell? Storm doesnt have any healing spells and they do just fine. If you ask me your just being greedy.

Aaron Drakewalker Level 60
Pyromancer

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
Honestly I agree with life getting a DOT card and I made a post about it.

See flarzedrago9 you fail to see that we are not just talking about pvp. I am talking in the game its self.

If you have ever had a balance or life account it takes

1) The longest to lvl up solo in the game.

2) Twice as hard to do it

3) Life already has the fewest amount of attack cards in the game by its self.

And its a disadvantage without it also in pvp. Your fire so you know its easy to just use fire elf to take off towershields and fire shields save up and attack them easy and kill them one big hit use a couple blades and what not maybe summon a minion to do the same thing. Then attack leave a -90% on next attack on him. Now give them the life amulet to use power pips to heal to the fire? and give them a 40,% boost in healing sound impossible to beat?

Now imagine the life

He can only really shield. The best card for attack used to be lvl 33 and that was centaur and we didnt get another attacking card for the next 25 lvls after it. storm gets 4 fire get 3 I think? So this life person is battling some other school lets make it ice to show my point.

So all the ice has to do is towershield one time just one time to screw up their whole plan of attacks. Then they life must think of another plan and resort to either using a wand from another school to take it off so the life doesnt waste blades or use a treasure card like shatter or earthquake though earthquake takes off all your traps. Then turn around and use centaur or forest lord hoping that they kill them or do enough damage to kill them in the next turns also praying they dont use the life amulet and heal almost 1400+.

Plus if you want an added comment life gets forest lord at lvl 58 and its still weaker than storms Storm lord and the storm lord gets a stun :?

So in all I think life should get one makes it allot easier to go through the game and evens it out. Thats why if you see a warlord you usually see fire, ice or storm.

Tell me how many life warlords you have seen? I can count them on 2 hands thats how rare and shows how good of players they are!!

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
Perhaps instead of requesting a DoT for life, the accuracy of DoT spells should be reduced... If they are so annoying to cast maybe not all schools will want to give up their individuality to get on the DoT bandwagon. Quite frankly DoTs do make their have an egde on PvP.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
Well if Life get a DoT spell that hits everyone, I think Storm should get one too.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
First of just because you have a DoT spell doesnt mean its easy to get rid of shields. DoTs aren't just supossed to use to get rid of shields. Efreet is a good move but so are Ra and Forest Lord, as for as mastery ameulets I've havent seen many people with them. Centaur actually does pretty good damage I've seen it used plenty of times it does outstanding damage without critical. Storm has highest attack sure, but lower accuracy and health. Ice doesnt have high attack its attack is lower than life's but they have shields and resist you dont see them complaining and a lot of them mostly use collossus for big damage. Life has attack like ice along with shileds, good resist, and healing. You honestly think that just becuase we have efreet and DoT spells that we have an easy time in Pvp? You can say you have a fire wizard, but if you did you would not complain. On my first post I was basicly talking about PvP you cleary didnt understand my post. Balance and life are fine as they are in PvP you should see how many people complain about them! :x

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
Look every school has its advantages, Life is great in PvP and just you just want a DoT spell not need it same with Balance.

Fire is meant for DoTs, Aoe helping them change who controls the battle

Ice is meant for High health, and resist, and shielding

Storm is meant for highest attacks, criticals, and pip chance

Life is meant for healing, taking large hits, and resist

Myth is meant for summoning minions, stunning, and removing blades and such

Death is meant for draining spells, good attack, and good health

Balance takes from one thing from all schools making it just as powerful as the others.

Life is fine in PvP without a DoT and plus they just got a spell that removes DoT. You dont really see anyone spamming life shields so calm sown.

Balance doesnt need one either because the only class that can shield balance is ice and I rarely see the two classes against each other.

Pyromancer

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I thought life did have a DOT, but instead of doing damage to the enemy it healed the player. Am I mistaken?

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
flarzedrago9

Obviously you did not read the post at all that wrote or the intentions of it.

Btw as a side note I do have a fire just for your information putting that out there . So much easier in the game

1) Allot of people I see have mastery amulets

2) Can you tell me if you have a life or balance? jw

3) That is what people use dot spells for is for getting rid of shields the only exception is heck hound since you can do a thousand damage+ each turn lol ( why do you think people that are ice use frostbite? or people that are myth use their pet card? its to get rid of shields)

So first off storm does have the lowest health but amazing attacks that with critical even with an towershield on will kill you. Ice has amazing resist. I have seen up to 50+ resist on them and they can use frostbite or angel or something like that same purpose as what I am talking about but I never said anything about it but thats what makes them are one of the best in pvp lol.

I pvp allot and I have fire and I my life honestly I can see which is harder to make it through the game in and in pvp.

And your definitions about what a school is mean for is not true at all there are many varieties in school based on your secondary school and whatnot is you choose to use it so that swings the battle also.

No one spams life shields cause there is no need to since there attacks are not the strongest and one towershield can mess you up real bad when your fighting and you can just heal and the threat is over with/ Look at my last post about storm about how forest lord is already weaker than it and storm lord has a stun lol .

Centaur can hit sorta high not like balance can or storm can but just one tower shield can make it ineffective in a fight cause it wont kill the other person and they can heal sooner more than your attack was to begin with.

But what your failing to see is that I am not saying give life a dot card to make life the best nor do I think that life should get it to make it the best. I am saying it evens out the game and in the real game it would be a major help in the game.

I challenge you to go out and count how many life warlords you see out there compared to every other school

and

I challenge you make a life character and go solo through the game and compare that to your fire character as I have done then you will see what I am talking about.

Come back and post after that you might see a difference in what I am saying.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
laurawatersong wrote:

"Yeh jes grab yerself a hould o' dem life prisms n wear yer death wand. ooh i seen plenty o' life warlord in meh 300 yers o' life."

Yea, I am a life warlord and I don't use prisms thank you very much. I am just trying to be lazy by making an easier way to defeat enemies.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Daviato wrote:
Well if Life get a DoT spell that hits everyone, I think Storm should get one too.
No, just a single target one with not even 1000 damage would be enough tyvm.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
sanmil0963 wrote:
I thought life did have a DOT, but instead of doing damage to the enemy it healed the player. Am I mistaken?
Yea, but fire has one that does both and that's not a DOT thats a HOT

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
bravevline wrote:
sanmil0963 wrote:

Cute. :)

Fire DOT only heals itself. When you first get Sprite (or whatever its called) the life or fire instructor congratulates on receiving your first DOT, so it is technically one, even though it doesn't do damage to the enemy.

Survivor
May 25, 2010
I totally agree with this. The only DoT spell is sprite, and it doesn't do any damage. They should have like make more spell, fighting spells. They only have 6 fighting spells, everything else healing. I know it's life, the school of healing, but they should be more fighting. x. x What makes life so hard:

1) The rarely have any fighting spells so 1v1 bosses will be very hard/long.
2) You don't get your Multiple Monster Hit spell until level 58 so you just gotta fight one vs one.
3) Very bad attacking power.

Defender
Feb 25, 2011
kingurz wrote:
bravevline wrote:

Well, about that last part, I just want to know why we'd mutate it into... ice. It just seems totally random. My apologies if this has already been adressed.

SophiaAshHeart
Level 45 Balance

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
cookiejar42 wrote:
kingurz wrote:
bravevline wrote:

Well, about that last part, I just want to know why we'd mutate it into... ice. It just seems totally random. My apologies if this has already been adressed.

SophiaAshHeart
Level 45 Balance

The point was that the original poster indicated that Balance does not get a damage over time spell. They do get one. However, it does not produce Balance damage, but rather Ice. A Balance damage over time spell would really be difficult to defend, considering only Tower shields and Absorbs would work against it. Why KI chose Ice? Dunno, you would have to ask them. It may help in a Hydra situation, but beyond that.......

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
sanmil0963 wrote:
bravevline wrote:
sanmil0963 wrote:

Fire DOT only heals itself. When you first get Sprite (or whatever its called) the life or fire instructor congratulates on receiving your first DOT, so it is technically one, even though it doesn't do damage to the enemy.

Really its more a HOT spell = healing over time then it is a DOT spell= Damage over time

There is a difference between the to. Life only has 6 attack spells one more spell that idc if it casts to one person or all would be an improvement lol. You all talking about healing over rounds is a dot spell is kinda funny. I can tell you all really dont have a life character but that is not the purpose of this post.

You all talking about healing is straying far from the subject which is talking about damaging them over time not healing lol.

But I did forget about balance can mutate into ice dot so that means life is technically the only school with out the means its self to a dot spell by itself. ( think about it )

Adding more fuel to the fire

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
flarzedrago9 wrote:
bravevline wrote:

If you haven't noticed fire used to be the only school with DoT spells that being our specialty making us stand out now basicly all the schools except life have DoT spells. Life shouldnt get one and does not need one. If you ask me life doesnt have a hard time a single life blade and forest lord is plenty.
I dont see anyone else complain about life not having a DoT. No other class has a drain spell except death so now Kingisle should give everyone a drain spell? Storm doesnt have any healing spells and they do just fine. If you ask me your just being greedy.

Pyromancer
Fire did NOT use to be the only school with a DoT. Since the game has began, death and ice have both had one. Not to mention there was always the mutate fire elf into storm elf. So everyone except life balance and myth had one and myth recently got one only from an item card. Death and ice just recently got more potent DoT spells.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
sanmil0963 wrote:
bravevline wrote:
sanmil0963 wrote:

She does NOT congragulate you. The LIFE teacher congragulates you for gaining you first HEAL OVER TIME there's a MAJOR DIFFERENCE.

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
bravevline wrote:
laurawatersong wrote:

I am just trying to be lazy by making an easier way to defeat enemies.

You and the rest of the lazy sore losers in PvP :? Life is fine the way it is, if you know how to use it. if you don't, then why did you make a life person in the first place? Life can be quite powerful if you use it right. i've seen a life wizard use forest lord and do around 4000 damage and you're saying that life needs a DoT? If you can't take the heat, get out of the freaking oven!!!!!!!! and Laura, i hope the Zeke admin doesn't mind you impersinating him xD

Survivor
Jun 09, 2011
I personally don't think life should get a dot spell. It would be a nice addition but i still wish each school would have it's individual advantages and stuff that can't be taken away from it. Fire did use to be the only dot school. Now everybody has dots. I personally am a death, life, and balance character as of this moment. I find balance fairly easy to win with and haven't gotten very far in life so i can't say on that one. I'm level 30 sorcerer and have done the whole game solo. It's quite easy for me.