Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Seriously?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
So i saw the new dragon thing and said to myself, "I'll buy $25 worth of crowns, get the dragon, and have crowns left over." So then after a wile of buying pack after pack i had, 5 hats, 10 1 day mounts, like 60 housing items, and 6 new pets. Now i buy my last pack that i can and still nothing... I say to myself "Why advertise for something that you cannot get! ??? I meen really KI, $25 dollars down the drain for nothing but 1 day mounts when i alredy have one, housing items, and pets... Anyone have any comments on this? :?
Benjamin MistMask
lvl 54, 34, 17
Balance, Life Death

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
COOLMUNGUS wrote:
So i saw the new dragon thing and said to myself, "I'll buy $25 worth of crowns, get the dragon, and have crowns left over." So then after a wile of buying pack after pack i had, 5 hats, 10 1 day mounts, like 60 housing items, and 6 new pets. Now i buy my last pack that i can and still nothing... I say to myself "Why advertise for something that you cannot get! ??? I meen really KI, $25 dollars down the drain for nothing but 1 day mounts when i alredy have one, housing items, and pets... Anyone have any comments on this? :?
Benjamin MistMask
lvl 54, 34, 17
Balance, Life Death
It's just luck. You don't know if you'll get it or not, you just have to hope to be lucky. It's just like farming, you may get it, you may not. But I am sorry you wasted $25 like that.
melcookie925

Defender
May 31, 2011
Here are my thoughts and comments:

They advertise this for the same reason as they advertise any other promotion: to make money for the business. If they can't earn a living with certain product (Wizard 101 is a product) then the product would have to be shelved.

On the page they advertise the dragon hoard pack they do tell you the items are ultra rare and that they are only giving you a chance to win. That means there will be a lot of buyers of the packet who will not get the ultra rare items. Saying a chance at an ultra rare item is very different from saying you will get one. Nowhere do they state you will get one after so many tries or after spending so much money. For any one to assume they will at some point get an ultra rare item is a mistaken one on the buyer’s part. I really don't see any deceit or misleading statements on KI's part.

I approach such promotions the same way as I do gambling. I know I can win the first time I try, after numerous tries, or not at all. When I do decide to gamble, I only gamble the amount of money can afford and am willing to loose.

I truly am sorry to hear of your disappointment, but I do believe any hard feelings and/or anger toward KI is misplaced.

This is not a personal attack; you are not the only one who has been disappointed that they did not get the item they wanted. Life's lessons are not always fun lessons.

Explorer
Nov 20, 2008
Hey atleast something than nothing right
i bought like 7 of them and most of the time i get reagents not the good ones either but saphire and such but hey i knew all of that was coming cause the chances are very low