Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Commands

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Hi, Brandon Ravenshield here.
I thought i would give some little things to make the game more fun for us.
My first Idea is commands.
You could make it where Wizards could say /dance or /wave to express emotion in the wizard, so when the command /wave is typed, that wizard would wave, same with all other commands.

List of commands (Feel free to add you own below):
/Dance
/Wave
/Wink
(Not Sure if this is kid-friendly) /BlowKiss
/Stomp
/Cry
/ThumbsUp
/ThumpsDown
/Happy
/Sad
/Grin
/Frown
Feel free to add your own, i just thought of a few, and i think this is a great idea and would love to see it in game! Please, if any admin could tell me if they make this part of the game so i can test it on the Test Realm!
Thanks,
Brandon Ravenshield

Administrator
Most of what you are referring to are called Emotes, and you will find several of these emotes in the Menu Chat, under Emotes.

Once you've used one, it will appear in your Favorites at the top so you can easily find it again.

Thanks!

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Feb 05, 2009
I think he was thinking about just a way to trigger them from text chat, for some (especially wide screen resolutions), using the menu chat to get at the emotes can be annoying. But considering that it probably would be a lot of coding maybe not a good idea

But I would also add:
/hit (Display hitpoints)
/lvl (Display Level)
/mana (Display Mana)

Me being silly though I would like to see a fart emote... (for a taunt in battle). or some animated taunts in battle... Or even better make a little macroing ability for characters something you set up in setting, for you to like auto-taunt. Say let being at set:
if you cast off "Spell Stormzilla" Successfully, "Say: "this is gonna hurt", or "Special Delivery".

Maybe let you have two or three of this auto-taunts...

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
ProfessorGreyRose, thank you so much for answering so soon. I am glad you are looking for more ideas in the fourms. I use text chat so much i didn't even know there were emotes in the SpeedChat.
Now that i looked at all the emotes, i am really glad they are in the game.
But, yes i would like it to be easier to use, to trigger the emote by saying /Dance.
Also it would be cool to have a little special dance for each class.
And it would also be cool to buy new emotes with Crowns or gold coins.
And for SpeedChat users they could buy new SpeedChat phrases with Crowns or Gold coins.
Thanks, your wizard friend:
Brandon RavenShield

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
I agree "emotes" should be a macro tied to the chat system. The menu chat system is very impratical, works for very young players for most of them don't type very well anyhow. Once you start getting into teen years and up well chatting becomes second nature to your players, after all this MMO is designed for the teen and up after the toon land players graduate.

I think any interface to a game should always be very simple and practical to use for the client, currently in game I think the lack of simple things as chat emote's only hurts the community aspects of the game. For real RP players who after all are big contributers to the community atmosphere of any game, would welcome this idea.

Currently I see no RP in this world or very very little, a shame considering you done so much work to create a world with stories and history and characters with meaning, this would only help drive that vision and player atmosphere even more. Other aspestcs of the interface though is very well done, considering how new this MMO is.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Administrator