Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

please get rid of cool down after fleeing pvp

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
I'm sure the game designers had some reason way back in the deeps of time for making you wait 5 minutes after you flee a pvp battle.

I'm equally sure it's not the least bit valid

There's no way you can effect the outcome of the battle once you flee from it

There's no way you fleeing from a battle is going to make you win the next one

There's no need for a cool down, especially a 5 minute cool down before you can play again

And

There is no other way to walk away from a match in which the other party is cheating and wasting your time.

Please get rid of this unnecessary frustration.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
A cooldown is necessary because a person could downrank too easily without one, and it is not good to have Legendary wizards with a rank of 100 and a skill of around 800 running around out there. Besides, fleeing is bad sportsmanship, so a cooldown is there to stop it. And, honestly, how many people actually cheat?

Just because they work in formation superbly doesn't mean they cheat. If they actually cheat,(like removing traps on them and blades on you, getting spritely every turn, etc.) report them and be done with it. What I want to know is why there's a cooldown for teleporting to various locations like your home and a marked location. Or when switching from realm to realm.

Explorer
May 12, 2010
actually, the reason for the cooldown from fleeing, is because even on a loss, you get 4 arena tickets! So, if you keep joining matches and then just fleeing, it would take no time at all to get enough tickets to buy any items you want, then just build up your character and get it.

This way, you more or less have to earn the gear you want and you can't get it from just fleeing all the time.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
CrystalWizard,

I like a lot of your posting, but on this one I would like to disagree. with to some degree, but not all of it. The cool down may not be a bad idea in a lot of cases..... as tempers do flare in pvp.
If you stay in the PvP battle, even if you lose, you get four tickets.
If you flee, you don't get the tickets, and still get ranked down, so I have been told. I have never fled, so I don't know for sure.

Plus I don't understand how someone can cheat in PvP, unless they are using something like a CE program.

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
Down ranking is a problem in PvP arenas and by that I mean players are creating level one wizards and fleeing every match to get to rating zero, so that then they can match up with a legend 60 who will critically strike a couple of level 30s with an "to all enemies" spell - all while the level one, if allowed to live, is breaking tower shields.

For this reason, your wish cannot be granted until the down ranking exploit has been corrected.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
I think it was put in place so that people couldn't just continuesly flee to down rank. So that they aren't constantly giving other players points. I think they should just shorten it. But it really never has bothered me all that much.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Ah yes, the famous Down Rank ploy... Fun for all those bullies that like to pick on people of lower levels, because they can't beat anyone their own level or higher level. Got to love them bullies...

Btw, if you have ever down ranked at all, I just want to know, do you really feel proud of yourself? Do you really think you have accomplished anything?

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
laurawatersong wrote:
Down ranking is a problem in PvP arenas and by that I mean players are creating level one wizards and fleeing every match to get to rating zero, so that then they can match up with a legend 60 who will critically strike a couple of level 30s with an "to all enemies" spell - all while the level one, if allowed to live, is breaking tower shields.

For this reason, your wish cannot be granted until the down ranking exploit has been corrected.

That isn't how you down rank, though some people do that

All you have to do is lose, so most people just take their deck off - and anything else that gives a card. Then, after the match starts, whether the other person does anything or not, the game ends because one person is out of cards.

And they lose and go down in rank.

Most people do that to get a lower rank because battles are easier and thus tickets are easier to get.

Most legends that pair with lower levels just go out and find lower levels, they don't get someone to join their battle who then flees and keeps rank low.

And that is never going to stop happening until KI puts something in place to cap how much above or below your level everyone else on your team can be.

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
Take people that are randomly matched and their teammate flees to desert them. At the very least, they have to wait five minutes before they can do that again to someone else.

And you are super well-versed there on down ranking strategy, crystal.