Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Damage over time spells, and Gear Boost.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Some time ago, I read a posting that stated that if you used a spell that was Damage over Time, that the Gear boost was not added in. All the Traps, Blades, etc got added, but not the Gear Boost. Also that Gear Boost was added into all other Spells, just not Damage over Time spells.
So for example, for Frost Giant, Forest Lord or Storm Lord, it got added in.
For Skeleton Dragon or Snow Angel it was not added in.

I read it and after a while just forgot about it, expected that it was fixed.

The other night, I watched a Snow Angel get released on a Balance Boss, in Waterworks. I didn't see the Resist show up, and the Snow Angel, without any Baldes or Traps, hit for exactly 100 points (on the first hit). Then that old Posting snapped back into my head.

Is it still true that Damage over time spells do not use Gear Boost?
Please only post an answer if you are sure?

Thanks,
Joe
Joseph LionHunter Ice, Balance, Storm, and (Death on the way).

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
Some time ago, I read a posting that stated that if you used a spell that was Damage over Time, that the Gear boost was not added in. All the Traps, Blades, etc got added, but not the Gear Boost. Also that Gear Boost was added into all other Spells, just not Damage over Time spells.

The other night, I watched a Snow Angel get released on a Balance Boss, in Waterworks. I didn't see the Resist show up, and the Snow Angel, without any Baldes or Traps, hit for exactly 100 points (on the first hit). Then that old Posting snapped back into my head.

Thanks,
Joe

I was pretty sure, but I just tested and verified. Yes, gear boosts apply to every stage of DoT spells. I recall that post as well, and I found myself wondering if they had somehow confused the issue with the prism issue which has also been fixed. Not really sure, but I can verify that it works properly now.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Gtar,

Thanks, I knew that someone would know for sure.

Joe.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
Gtar,

Thanks, I knew that someone would know for sure.

Joe.

No problem, happy to help. :D

Explorer
Nov 06, 2010
I am pretty sure the trap spells only effect the first tick of the dot, not all three of the ticks. So traps are better saved for your single blast spells?

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Desferous wrote:
I am pretty sure the trap spells only effect the first tick of the dot, not all three of the ticks. So traps are better saved for your single blast spells?

Traps boost only one hit at a time. That's why the new fire spell, fuel, is so awesome.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Lion359 wrote:

Thanks,
Joe
My gear boost works perfectly on my new skeletal dragon.