Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

balance out of balance

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
greyrecliner228 wrote:
I was probably the person that did that too you mg. My wizard Nathaniel Foestalker at that time had 4 judgements and three judgement card items. While I do think that your situation stinks, you chose storm. This means you are powerful but have low hit points. Ice has a tower shield spell that blocks 50% from all schools. It's honestly the only thing that protects me from other balance school users. Also, judgement is the only decent spell balance wizards get alongside the traps and blades we get.

I suggest multiclassing into the ice school, quit pvp-ing, or find some friends to back you up so maybe you can catch a shield. Judgement will just keep coming.
So why should one of the supposedly more powerful schools be one hit from a supposed lesser school? Look at it in this perspective, judgement has no shield whatsoever and instead of the lesser life schools getting towershield and ice armour. KI decided to give those to a TANK school, the perfect school, ICE, good power good accuracy and good life. So only a school with lots of life can be protected form a one hit spell. Makes perfect sense. Though balance hardly has powerful spells i see it unfair that they are given one spell more powerful than all the others, in terms of power, accuracy etc. Its unfair and if fire and storm really are the 'most powerful' schools then they should at least be able to live long enough to use it. If KI tried to make storm and fire have less life than the rest so players would choose other schools beside these then they made a horrible mistake. Now every player who has seen judgement will go to balance and eventually, wizard 101 will be full of balance wizards.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
Militarymage wrote:
mg9189 wrote:
OK, I am storm, and have very few hit points even as a level 50 grandmaster. I don't think anyone should be able to take out a grandmaster in 3 turns. However, balance can. There is very little that can be done about this since nothing blocks judgement.

There needs to be some kind of defense for that spell. A smart balance person will simply wait until they have enough pips an cast it, match done.

I am OK with all the rest, powered up spells, etc. Treasure cards are good too.

Perhaps the cleanse charm and negate trap spells could be cast at zero pips instead of one and that could even out the 'balance' as they are the only possible defense.
Ok

Balance is not out of balance. Relax and figure out how to beat them. There are many ways to give a balance a bad duel day. Hint: Tower Shield for Judgement and guess what it works for everything :-)
Every school dueling deck has their strenght and weakness. You just have to learn them.
How do you expect a school with a mere average 2500 hit points to "relax and figure out a strategy'? Say you put a tower shield. I have lots of balance friends and they score 3000 and above damage with judgement, average. Say its a seriously buffed judgement, tower shield -50%, half attack gone, and guess what? half was enough to kill you. Any storm or fire wizard knows that it takes time to buff a spell to get it 'one hit ready' so while we buff our attacks, balance ( which has more life than us) simply one hits you. Oh and did i forget to mention that they get shields for all the elements free while we work for them? this is understandable but not where a powerful spell like judge has no real shield. The most powerful spells have shields so why shouldnt judge? its broken and unfair to the schools that are supposed to be 'powerful'.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
Dridsuzy wrote:
Balance is fine.

The last two spells that Balance gets is Spectral Blast and Hydra. These two spells do NOT do Balance Damage. They do Elemental Damage I.E Ice, Fire or Storm. Any Damage increasing School-Only Balance gear that a Balance wizard has on will NOT effect these spells. They can also be shielded against or come up against high resistances very easily.

Judgment is obtained around 30th level and is a good spell for sure. But hardly overpowered. If you didn't put 5 training points into ice and get Tower Shield then you are NOT creating a PvP orientated Wizard. The regular Tower Shield Spell along with a Treasure Card Tower Shield spell or even Spirit Armor DESTROYS a Judgment spell. These will stack for defense.

Also consider that judgment uses ALL a wizards pips to cast. Once it is cast then the Wizard is starting over.

The spell that people are really griping about isn't Balance. It's Feint. A deadly combo card for sure. Combined with Judgment it creates a mighty hit indeed. I think people are upset that the Balance damage from a Judgment/Feint combo can't be shielded against. But IT CAN. Just use some common sense. Even a simple Weakness spell will take alot of sting out of a Judgment hit.

There are plenty of other spells to be upset about...how bout Wild Bolt? Steal Ward? Freeze? Ever been chain stunned? Now THAT's something to gripe about.
Thats it. complain about a spell with ten percent accuracy compared to a spell with around 80. Chain stunning is not a spell, its a repitition of a stun spell over and over. That is a technique that can be complained about. Also, why should ice school with 3000 life plus be given a shield for everything? or ice armour? shouldn't the lower life schools be given that? tower shield is a waste against judge. no balance wizard simply casts judge. They buff it like no tomorrow. so if it hits 4000 but -50% with tower shield, it hits 2000, damaging most wizards except life, ice etc. Balance wizards know this so dont feel better when they say tower shield. It doesn't make sense.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
Swift98 wrote:
No offense, but this is ridiculous. its like saying Storm is too powerful. You are forgetting the schools weaknesses. Whenever i get a balance wizard, i use any one blade or trap(prefferably feint, and hit them hard and fast. Putting a balance wizard on the defensive can leave them highly vunerable. when they get to the max amount of pips or cast feint or something like that, i can use sacrifice to remove it, or Tower Shield.

Remember, look for the weak points. Hit at the right time and place and you will win. Also sometimes you will have to accept defeat.
So basically you have too fight your hardest and shield and buff like no tomorrow to beat a balance wizard. I guess that means they must be powerful right? so i guess the argument isnt ridiculous. Storm isnt powerful. Do you have a storm wizard? do you know what its like to fizzle all the time? can you make it against other schools when you got 2400-2500 life? Can you handle being one hit in pvp with a judge? even with tower shield? we have power but cant live long enough to use use it. Hiting hard and fast requires pips, which is what judge is based on right? So while you hit them they gather their pips and mop the floor with you, lol. Judge is way too powerfull because their is no real shield. Tower shield is useless unless you have lots of life.Say you got 2100 life, judge casts for 4000 damage, half is gone cause of tower shield 2000 hits you. wow your almost dead. Only balance, ice, life or a well versed death wiz can take on a balance wizard.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
Haahahaha this is all funny cause your all saying that saying balanced is overpowered is like saying other schools are overpowered... You can BLOCK other schools.... Only the worst balance mage has trouble getting through a tower shield. In a balance vs other fight, it ends up being balance bulks up, and boom end of story. People talk about dispelling tower shields... Judgement is so OVERPOWERED the balance wizard can go right through them no problem. Now i suppose if u had a treasure and a ordinary one stacking together, that might make a problem, but, that takes TWO turns to put together, and any earlier than neccesary and judgement WILL be going right through a single tower shield to ONE HIT KO you. It DOESN"T MATTER IF JUDGEMENT TAKES up ALL of a mage's pips... YOUR ALREADY DEAD!!...

Survivor
Jan 28, 2009
My balance is level 28 but his rank in pvp WAS over a thousand before that. Was it judgment? NO! Balance has to good things. Balance blade and hex. I pretty much did that with storm trap and kraken.

So stop complaining about judgment. Cause if KI has to change judgment they need to change A LOT of things (Including hydra). Most people dont get it but hydra is made to help judgment. Ok lets say you 1v1 a balance master. He/She knows judgment.

Normally you would just use a bunch of tower shields right? WRONG. Cause he/she can waste 3 of them with a hydra. Then you pretty much wasted your time. If you think balance cheats? What about myth noobs? They use SHIELDS and let their MINIONS do all the work. Does THAT sound fair?

So if you dont like fighting balance MAKE a balance. Cause its like me and my friends say, " Judgment is rigged for 1v1". But there are MANY ways to survive it. Resist, absorb, spirit armor, ice armor, weakness , TOWER SHIELD! And there used to be a thing called the vestment of the chill in DraginSpyre ( sorry crowns only now ). It gave ice armor resist and health.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2009
This is not about balance being stronger, or even balance as a class. Its about the Judgement card alone. Everything you talk about, shields and spirt armor that helps with all classes including balance with keeping damange low to survive. The only problem is the unblockable judgement card itself. Shields help with all classes, but there is only 1, just 1 card in the game that has no block what so ever, and thats Judgement. A tower shield is its only defence and can be removed by any wand of any kind. Now, if tower shield could only be removed by a balance wand, then it would be even across the board, or just a balance shield, every single class has a shield and tower works against all them, but judgement, has no shield. I'm a level 50 Life warlord, and teamed up with a level 50 storm warlord, and we were taken out, both of us, in 7 turns, by a level 34 and level 37 balance warlords, that said they have never lost. Judgement went right thru the shields like butter and they just use the wand to knock off all the tower shields and triple shielded themself and weakness on us all attacks did nothing since in order to knock off the shields for my class i lose my traps and or swords. So if you think there is nothing wrong with that and its just a bunch of losers complaining people under level 40 should not be able to take out level 50's. So now, with that said, at any given time, all you see now on the pvp boards, is balance people, so needless to say, in one day, i have gone from warlord to veteran and have lost to a balance person of all different levels 7 times in a row. I really really hope they do something about it.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2008

So if you dont like fighting balance MAKE a balance. Cause its like me and my friends say, " Judgment is rigged for 1v1". But there are MANY ways to survive it. Resist, absorb, spirit armor, ice armor, weakness , TOWER SHIELD! And there used to be a thing called the vestment of the chill in DraginSpyre ( sorry crowns only now ). It gave ice armor resist and health.

I use spirit armor and it doesnt work , i try weakness and it didnt work , i use tower shield but it work but it still did a lot of damage

And i like my life wizard i dont like balnce

Survivor
May 11, 2009
I'm tired of everyone picking on balance and judgement. I Am balance and I dont play the judgement feint combo much. Too many wizards have access to decks with 20+ towers shields and weakness. I win more with a solid pounding of minions and hydra's to keep the other person refreshing shields
and healing. For the cost of one judgement at max pips "14" without feint in does about 1200 damage after resists are added in to play. Then we are done for another 7 turns. Take that same 14 pips we can cast 3 hydras back to back to back for roughly 500 damage each. Thats 1500 damage. Add towers to these and judgement is 600 were hydra is still 1250 damage. The only people that work the judgement specifically are to people that refuse to shield themselves from it. What would happen if you didnt guard against fire ice death life myth or storm. You would die alot more quickly then against balance. If you want to pvp you need to balance your offense and defense if that means dropping death for feint or losing the "Balance" triple blades and training ice for storm/fire shield and towers you would hold your own against balance. Learn to defend yourself or stop pvping its the same in any class you dont defend you lose.
The reason balance wins so much is not because they have the best offense in the game because we are far from that. Its because balance strength is in there defense. I trained in balance death ice and myth to be able to defend against you hard hitting classes and thats why I win more then I lose. When I fight a feint judgement balance wizard I think to myself this is going to be an easy match and I'm usually right. If KI does anything to judgement you will have worse things to worry about. Imagine a balance wizard casting 40-50% accurate wild bolts every round then you will have a reason to complain.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
greyrecliner228 wrote:
luna0616 wrote:
I am balance and i am extremely sorry for this trouble with judgement and stuff, but i have to say - balance TO ME is the most powerful school because it's all schools, I AM NOT SAYING THAT YOU HAVE TO THINK THAT! You may think your school is better then balance if you want. thats nice thx i am storm
Luna0616 :D

Balance is far from the strongest school. We are made to buff attacks. We have judgement, but after one judgement we have to start over. It takes far too long to set up. We're meant to go with friends. Storm is the strongest attack. Ice is the most hit points. And life and death are meant to survive.

Survivor
May 15, 2009
This is pretty funny, but you guys have got to learn to play your class. I am a level 40 Balance and if you play your cards right they aren't hard to beat.

Can judgement one shot you? Yup. Can it be stopped? Of course it can. Besides the obvious Tower Shield and weakness ( which if you cast those at the wrong time you shouldn't be pvping anyway because you can tell when a judgement is coming) you forget the most important part....the PIPS to make it one shot you.

It takes a good deal to buff that judgement up, Balance blade, bladestorm, and hex are the only things that i use and not too mention bladestorm cost a pip to use. Together with a good amount of pips (at least 6) i can one shot you. But look...why let me get that high in pips? If your letting me build up that many pips without making me defend myself you deserve to get killed.

Here's an ancient balance secret that will probably get me beat up by my balance community for telling you noobs. How bout you make me stay on the defensive and use my pips to heal? Just take away judgement by making me use my pips on stuff i dont wanna cast! You think judgement is gonna one shot you after i used 4 pips to cats satyr? We CAN get overwhelmed, just LEARN YOUR CLASS!.

Or meet me in the arena and get stomped, your choice.----(Legit Warlord)Ian Angelblood

Survivor
May 30, 2009
i dont think balance is even balance. it's more of a desert type.
all it does is give multi shields and blades.

death is most balanced out.
we have minions.
we hit hard.
we heal pretty well.
we have multi hit spells.
we have over time spells.
kind of like all other schools put in one

Survivor
May 15, 2009
Hi, I'm a level 45 balance. I've finished GH and beginning DS. I've 1v1 with every school. I've been able to defeat each one, some easier than others. LIFE IS BALANCE'S WORST NIGHTMARE! Unless you take them out in one hit, which is easier with judgment, you can't win. Balance players need to stack up on character bonuses to their attacks. I have 29% bonus to all my attacks. That way I start adding an extra 100 every 3 pips, then 200 every 6 and so on. However, I use this bonus mostly for Hydra. On average, I use judgment once in a battle. Most of the time I stack up elemental blade (+35% ice, fire, storm charms), elemental trap (+25% ice, fire, storm traps), balance blade (+25% charm), hex (+30% trap), and sometimes blade storm (+20% charm to you and friends). Then I use hydra. Then usually 2 turns later I use a spectral blast. Some how, about 90% of the time, I end the battle with a judgment, doing 600 damage or something. I don't know how I could be anything but balance because, not to be brag, but I honestly think balance is the best. However, life's ability to heal and heal and heal makes it extremely hard. I hope they don't change balance. I was able to solo all of Mooshu, with out anyone's help. I've NEVER used a single treasure card. And I do well in pvp. If they change anything, make the other classes better, but leave balance alone.

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
luna0616 wrote:
I am balance and i am extremely sorry for this trouble with judgement and stuff, but i have to say - balance TO ME is the most powerful school because it's all schools, I AM NOT SAYING THAT YOU HAVE TO THINK THAT! You may think your school is better then balance if you want.

Heres a tip - while balance is getting enough pips, take your best attacks and get them before they can cast it! Judgement is 125 for each pip, so it could take a while sometimes.

just saying balance jdugement is 100 per pip lolz

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
Dridsuzy wrote:
Balance is fine.

The last two spells that Balance gets is Spectral Blast and Hydra. These two spells do NOT do Balance Damage. They do Elemental Damage I.E Ice, Fire or Storm. Any Damage increasing School-Only Balance gear that a Balance wizard has on will NOT effect these spells. They can also be shielded against or come up against high resistances very easily.

Judgment is obtained around 30th level and is a good spell for sure. But hardly overpowered. If you didn't put 5 training points into ice and get Tower Shield then you are NOT creating a PvP orientated Wizard. The regular Tower Shield Spell along with a Treasure Card Tower Shield spell or even Spirit Armor DESTROYS a Judgment spell. These will stack for defense.

Also consider that judgment uses ALL a wizards pips to cast. Once it is cast then the Wizard is starting over.

The spell that people are really griping about isn't Balance. It's Feint. A deadly combo card for sure. Combined with Judgment it creates a mighty hit indeed. I think people are upset that the Balance damage from a Judgment/Feint combo can't be shielded against. But IT CAN. Just use some common sense. Even a simple Weakness spell will take alot of sting out of a Judgment hit.

There are plenty of other spells to be upset about...how bout Wild Bolt? Steal Ward? Freeze? Ever been chain stunned? Now THAT's something to gripe about.
balance has donate pips hydra then power nova

Survivor
Oct 26, 2008
I keep seeing this discussion come up on the boards in one form or another, but let's look at it.

The main complaints are about judgement, and one it wins.

Can it be done, yes. Can it be done by any school? Mostly, but life has a tough time with a one hit win.

Is Judgement overpowered? No, it deals 100/pip damage, and with max power pips deals 1,400 damage.

What can other schools do with those same 14 pips?

Death can cast two wraiths and have a power pip left pver dealing 1,000 damage that bypasses absorb shields and they gain half the life.

Life can cast two Centaur's dealing about 1,100 damage and still have a power pip left.

Myth can cast two Orthrus dealing 1,600 damage.

Fire can cast Heck Hound dealing 1,680 damage over three rounds.

Storm can cast Two Triton's dealing about 1,700 damage and have a power pip left over. (add in a wild bolt with that power pip and it's 2,700 damage!)

Ice can cast two Collossus dealing about 950 damage with a power pip left over.

Judgement falls around the mid-range for damage per pip. Now is where we hear, but you can't shield against Judgement. Sure you can. Tower Shield, Weakness, Treasure Tower Shield, Treasure weakness. (both stack with Nightshade's Neckalce weakness) Spirit Armor, and Ice Armor. (If you cast spirit armor before tower the damage is halved before the absorb so it effectively doubles the absorb .:) )

So overall it takes a bit more effort to stop judgement, but keep in mind. the same defenses are good against all schools. School shields replace the tower, but weakness is a great way to reduce damage, and if they use an off school wand it delays them while they get rid of weakness, and then you get more time to attack or defend.

Bext we hear about feint. All schools have access to it, and if balance uses it it's great for you. If they go second, they're crazy for using it. If they go first you can still hit them if you defended against a judgement because they are casting four spells before they can one shot hit you. That means as soon as they put up balance blade, you should use weakness. when they put up hex use tower. If they use feint use a treasure tower shield.

So basically you need to think a bit more defensively if you see a balance wizard casting blades and traps. Or beat them to the punch. their shields are only 50%. most schools can hit hard right through them.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
Balance is highly fair, why you think they got tower shields, towers, weakness and all that?

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
Here is an idea, though I believe balance is not out of balance, there is a disspell next spell for all schools except for Balance (unless I have missed it), should there be one? Then again, all schools have a 'stun for 1 round' spell/effect except Balance. You can use that to defend Judgement...I have just remembered that there is spell you can learn that 'absorbs next stun', so that takes care of that. Of course there is Black Mantle (-45% accuracy), a poor man's Stun for use by Balance folks.

For the record I have a level 30 Balance, my only wizard and I have not PVP'd yet

Survivor
Jan 08, 2009
ok well what i have noticed is balance also uses stealin ward when you use tower shied so they gain a shield and leave you defendless, also they also use towershield and feint

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
Catyana wrote:
There is nothing wrong with voicing an opinion on a forum, that is what they are here for.

The definition of a forum is: (noun) A public facility to meet for open discussion. Just an FYI for you.

Calling someone childish is uncalled for, however.

I do not have the time to make character after character. I learn about the different schools when playing them in PVP. I have about equal amount of difficulty playing all schools except balance. I can buy shields in the library specifically, for the other schools, but not balance.

Wizard101 wants to hear our opinions, hence the pre-release of the new features to try out.

he didnt call you childish he said complaining was childish

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
mg9189 wrote:
OK, I am storm, and have very few hit points even as a level 50 grandmaster. I don't think anyone should be able to take out a grandmaster in 3 turns. However, balance can. There is very little that can be done about this since nothing blocks judgement.

There needs to be some kind of defense for that spell. A smart balance person will simply wait until they have enough pips an cast it, match done.

I am OK with all the rest, powered up spells, etc. Treasure cards are good too.

Perhaps the cleanse charm and negate trap spells could be cast at zero pips instead of one and that could even out the 'balance' as they are the only possible defense.

A Judgement at 3 turns would only be 10 pips (assuming you start with 2 power pips), so I guess it's possible if there were blades and traps involved, or you just have really low health and don't shield.

Cassandra StorySmith
Grandmaster Sorcerer

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
greyrecliner228 wrote:
luna0616 wrote:
I am balance and i am extremely sorry for this trouble with judgement and stuff, but i have to say - balance TO ME is the most powerful school because it's all schools, I AM NOT SAYING THAT YOU HAVE TO THINK THAT! You may think your school is better then balance if you want.

Balance is far from the strongest school. We are made to buff attacks. We have judgement, but after one judgement we have to start over. It takes far too long to set up. We're meant to go with friends. Storm is the strongest attack. Ice is the most hit points. And life and death are meant to survive.

I agree. Balance is pretty weak in attack, for the most part. Plus, we do not have all the buffs and traps available to us, so you won't see any XX million damage from Balance.

As a support class, Balance is effective. Protection and Damage Pox in one :)

Cassandra StorySmith
Grandmaster Sorcerer

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Catyana wrote:
I used to have fun in pvp, but not anymore. I am so tired of battling balance people. This is so unfair. There needs to be a balance shield. Tower shields are worthless. They just take those out in a no pip little wand hit and there goes my gold I spent on the tower shield.

I just signed up for a one year subscription, because I loved to PVP, but not anymore. I wish I had not paid for that subscription.

This is annoying, please fix this unfairness, or make a feature so I can block battling balance people. Whenever I see a balance person waiting to battle, I now find myself waiting until they are off the list.

I'm sorry you're having a bad experience. Why don't you do practice PvP? I find that it can be a lot more fun, especially since no rank is involved.

Also, I might state that winning at PvP is a matter of skill and experience, not the class. Take each loss as an opportunity to get better, and make friends with the people who defeated you. They are the people who are most likely able to tell you what you did wrong.

Cassandra StorySmith
Grandmaster Sorcerer

Defender
Dec 18, 2008
you know you can also invest in ice and get the actual card and stop complaining about judgement and school with a X rank spell can get it just as powerful as judgement besides balance only has 3 boosts 4 if you part death. so stop complaining and what not just cause you lost in PVP!

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
I am a storm/myth wizard and I think that a battle is exactly that. I have fun battling. But against Judgement and its unlimited pip count there is no defense. There should be a pip limit on all the 'X' spells. Yes, tempest too. The tower sheilds only reduce the damage 50%, all others are around 80%. Balance is out of balance and 100 points per pip is way too high without a better defense. Storm has the best attacks but, balance starts the game with the elemental shield and later they get the spirit version. Only ice gets the Tower Shield. I think Tower Sheild should be available for everyone like Reshuffle is. Balance can also never run out of cards in a match.

Otherwise you become a one ding pony. I really don't understand how much fun a fifteen round fight is for a balance guy. They don't fight; they expect to win and where is the fun in that. A solution would be to have all 'X' spells not work in the PVP arenas.

Balance warlords should fight each other and truly see the point; Everyone else is making. Fight the Hoarder in Dragonspire alone and we can talk about how fair judgement is. Oh, and he is not alone either.

Thanks,
Charles TitamBreaker