Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP Connection

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 15, 2009
Recently I played PvP with a level 22 thaumaturge. I was about to win, when it logged me out. You should at least make it so that when we don't log off normally, it tells them we lost connection, or it should notify them that the match has stopped because the other person lost connection. Then I had to wait 5 minutes because it says I fled. I don't want it to see that I fled to a level 22 when I'm level 48. In PvP matches you can't log off, so when the program has errors and the broken chain appears, it should say they lost connection, considering that's the only reason somebody would have to close the program. I'm just mad that it says I fled when that is not the case and connection is the only way I would get off. It's annoying when I have to look like a wimp to a guy a quarter my power.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The game can't tell why the disconnect happened.

1) It was the game server's fault.

2) It was the fault of the player's computer.

3) It was the fault of the player's service provider or uplink (network).

4) The player deliberately disconnected (unplug modem/router, turn firewall block on, etc.

Since not penalizing a disconnect would lead to abuse through #4, the game has to treat them all the same way and issue a standard penalty.