Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Spells

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
I think all schools should get another spell, one that you get at a lower level.

You should get it at level 45. This spell would only be available to your school, and would be a quest.

Balance: Balance trap- +25 attack to balance spell. 0 pips
Fire: Overtime Blade- +25% attack Blade, Overtime spells only. 0 pips
Ice: +20% defense for the battle. 2 pips
Storm: Storm Exsursion- +20% storm attack (Trap, x2). 1 pip
Life: Life Proverb- +30% Life Attack and +30% Heal (Blades). 1 pip
Myth: Minion ?- +35% health to next minion casted. 0 pips
Death: Night Blade- +30% to next steal health spell, Blade. 0 pips

All of these spells would be 100% chance. (Maybe 90% for the Ice one, like the absorbs are)

I think these spells would be a nice addition, please give me any thoughts on what you think should be changed.

Ex: Not have it at all, change name, change spell effect, change spell completely, change pip cost, change accuracy, change level, etc.

Also, at the end please give me a rating on how well you think this would be if implemented into the game. And note if that is pure self, or with some changes.

Note: I do not own or work for KingsIsle or Wizard101.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
I'm sorry, but none of this is making sense to me.

I am thinking of having another spell quest. Like the ones that you get at level 48, or 58. But instead you get this quest at level 45. Ths spells are the names and the effects of it.

I don't get how NONE of this is making sence to you and I'm not going to spend the time to go into detail on every little thing, so i am sorry but you are probably out of luck.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
JeffreyGrueneberg wrote:
I am thinking of having another spell quest. Like the ones that you get at level 48, or 58. But instead you get this quest at level 45. Ths spells are the names and the effects of it.

I don't get how NONE of this is making sence to you and I'm not going to spend the time to go into detail on every little thing, so i am sorry but you are probably out of luck.

What doesn't make sense to me is how these utility spells are good enough to only be obtainable only by quest (to be honest I'm not even sure some of the Lvl. 35 utility spells are good enough to be obtainable only by quest), how useful these utility spells are, what these spells do (because some of them sound like regular charm or wards), and where you even got these names. So, I reiterate: I'm sorry, but none of this is making sense to me, and the fact that you won't take the time to explain anything further to your thread's only responder doesn't look very good on your part.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
JeffreyGrueneberg wrote:

What doesn't make sense to me is how these utility spells are good enough to only be obtainable only by quest (to be honest I'm not even sure some of the Lvl. 35 utility spells are good enough to be obtainable only by quest), how useful these utility spells are, what these spells do (because some of them sound like regular charm or wards), and where you even got these names. So, I reiterate: I'm sorry, but none of this is making sense to me, and the fact that you won't take the time to explain anything further to your thread's only responder doesn't look very good on your part.

Balance- having another trap would mean a lot more damage!
Fire- Think of this used on Scald or Fire Dragon!
Ice- Lots less damage on them! GREAT for pvp!
Storm- More help to one shot kill a boss! Or 2 shot!
Life- They need more damage!!! And at the same time get more heal!
Myth- Myth is known for minions!! 35% more health is 35% better minions!
Death- Are you kidding me? Do you know HOW useful this would be with scarecrow or wraith!? Especially wraith!

There, I took the time too. Sorry but the other day I was in a rush.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Much better, thank you.

JeffreyGrueneberg wrote:
Having another trap would mean a lot more damage!

As a Sorcerer, I like the idea of a Balance trap, but not all my attacks are Balance. I think that's the point of having a Global trap; what if I only have a Hydra and a Balance trap in my hand?

Think of this used on Scald or Fire Dragon!

I'm not a big fan of this one; it seems like an okay idea, but it so situational. I don't like situational spells since I usually end up not using them.

Lots less damage on them! GREAT for pvp!

I don't play PvP, so that already ruined this idea for me. I can see this being reasonable for 3-4 rounds, but the whole battle? Especially since people already have crazy high resistance, it just seems like an unfair advantage.

More help to one shot kill a boss! Or 2 shot!

This is what I meant by I don't get the name. What does this have to do with an excursion? Is this like Fuel except for Storm? In that case, why? It's not needed at all. Diviners don't need help with one-hit wonders! What kind of foolery is this?

They need more damage!!! And at the same time get more heal!

So, it casts a Lifeblade and a Guiding Light? Hmm...I like that. It's such a pain having to cast one after the other (I'm not being sarcastic at all, I swear).

Myth is known for minions!! 35% more health is 35% better minions!

...and your point is? Conjurers already have a slew of spells to aid their minions; they don't need any more. In fact, I'm pretty sure this already exists in the game.

Are you kidding me? Do you know HOW useful this would be with scarecrow or wraith!? Especially wraith!

I think it would be better if it worked like a Guiding Light spell for health-sapping spells. The attack would be the same, but it would sap more health. It would really help with spells like Sacrifice.

Final Thoughts: The point of a utility spell is to be useful in almost every situation; many of these spells are situational or just plain useless. A lot of the names don't make sense, so you should rethink them.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Much better, thank you.

JeffreyGrueneberg wrote:
Having another trap would mean a lot more damage!

As a Sorcerer, I like the idea of a Balance trap, but not all my attacks are Balance. I think that's the point of having a Global trap; what if I only have a Hydra and a Balance trap in my hand?

First off, you have 7 cards in your hand. 2nd, if you are balance you should only have hydra when fighting a balance monster. Judgement when fighting anything else, really.

Think of this used on Scald or Fire Dragon!

I'm not a big fan of this one; it seems like an okay idea, but it so situational. I don't like situational spells since I usually end up not using them.
Not very situational... When fighting with 2 or more people fire people use sclad/fire dragon a bunch. And that is pretty much ALL they use in 3v3 / 4v4 pvp. (Attack wise.)

Lots less damage on them! GREAT for pvp!

I don't play PvP, so that already ruined this idea for me. I can see this being reasonable for 3-4 rounds, but the whole battle? Especially since people already have crazy high resistance, it just seems like an unfair advantage.

Not really, Fortify is 15% for 4 rounds, NO pips. So 4 pips would be good for the entire battle. Maybe +20% on only rank 4+ attacks?

More help to one shot kill a boss! Or 2 shot!

This is what I meant by I don't get the name. What does this have to do with an excursion? Is this like Fuel except for Storm? In that case, why? It's not needed at all. Diviners don't need help with one-hit wonders! What kind of foolery is this?

Well nobody uses +10% accuracy, or steal health charm. LOTS of spells don't get used much... I don't know about you but this would be VERY helpful when fighting some very high health bosses. Ex: Malistaire and many in Celestia. I would've gotten that spell just in time for Malistaire, and would've been much easier to solo the dungeon like I did.

They need more damage!!! And at the same time get more heal!

So, it casts a Lifeblade and a Guiding Light? Hmm...I like that. It's such a pain having to cast one after the other (I'm not being sarcastic at all, I swear). And also, you could stack them. +40% AND +30% for life from blades. And then another +35% from a balance spell. This would really be good for them, because unlike the balance and death, who have low damage but lots of boosts, life doesn't. (Ice has soooo much health/resist to back up the lack of boosts.) Becuase in a lot of battles, life doesn't really need that much heal, they really only heal in very hard dungeons/bosses or in pvp. Not so much when by themselves or fighting something easy. But, getting the battle done quicker would be nice.

Myth is known for minions!! 35% more health is 35% better minions!

...and your point is? Conjurers already have a slew of spells to aid their minions; they don't need any more. In fact, I'm pretty sure this already exists in the game.

Sorry but I don't have a conjurer character (only room for 6, decided not to have one of those) and I didn't know that was already a spell. And I would've been able to think of something better, if i had a myth character, I don't know what Myth needs, so sorry.

Are you kidding me? Do you know HOW useful this would be with scarecrow or wraith!? Especially wraith!

I think it would be better if it worked like a Guiding Light spell for health-sapping spells. The attack would be the same, but it would sap more health. It would really help with spells like Sacrifice.

Well, not really. I mean yes I guess it could just be a death version, +30% attack and +30% heal for 1 pip, but then it isn't the same. this needs to be 0 pips, ONLY steal health spells, and only one blade. If you do the changes then it's pretty much just a death version of of the life spell.

Final Thoughts: The point of a utility spell is to be useful in almost every situation; many of these spells are situational or just plain useless. A lot of the names don't make sense, so you should rethink them.

Another good level 45 spell would be a universal one, (I mean all schools get their version of this.)

[School Name] Sphere- Change [School Name] to [Opposite]. And this would be a blade. Don't know if it should be 0 or 1 pip though.

And for balance,

Balance Sphere- Change Balance [attack sign] to life / death / myth [attack sign].

And it wouldn't be all 3, but random which it is. Maybe 2 spells, like with the level 35 spell. One for life/death/myth and one for fire/storm/ice.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
JeffreyGrueneberg wrote:
Another good level 45 spell would be a universal one, (I mean all schools get their version of this.)

[School Name] Sphere- Change [School Name] to [Opposite]. And this would be a blade. Don't know if it should be 0 or 1 pip though.

And for balance,

Balance Sphere- Change Balance [attack sign] to life / death / myth [attack sign].

And it wouldn't be all 3, but random which it is. Maybe 2 spells, like with the level 35 spell. One for life/death/myth and one for fire/storm/ice.

I like that. We should've had these in Celestia. I think having an Elemental Sphere and a Spiritual Sphere is unnecessary; there should just be one Balance Sphere that converts Balance to Life, Death, or Myth. This is one of the rare occasions where the word 'random' is totally okay with me. I think it should be 1 pip since it is a pretty powerful spell if utilized correctly. The only thing that I'd change is the name. 'Prism' is a reference to how if you shine a light on a prism it refracts the light into all the colors of the spectrum. To change the name would be weird since it essentially does the same thing, but differently. Maybe something like "Super Prism".

Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
JeffreyGrueneberg wrote:

And for balance,

I like that. We should've had these in Celestia. I think having an Elemental Sphere and a Spiritual Sphere is unnecessary; there should just be one Balance Sphere that converts Balance to Life, Death, or Myth. This is one of the rare occasions where the word 'random' is totally okay with me. I think it should be 1 pip since it is a pretty powerful spell if utilized correctly. The only thing that I'd change is the name. 'Prism' is a reference to how if you shine a light on a prism it refracts the light into all the colors of the spectrum. To change the name would be weird since it essentially does the same thing, but differently. Maybe something like "Super Prism".

Or yes, possibly when you finish dragonspyre/enter celestia you get this card from a quest. But I think at level 45-school quest, would be better.