Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 7-15-11

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi everyone! It's Friday yet again, and that means it's time for a great big plate of spicy hot wings for dinner. Yummy! Hmmm... there's something I'm forgetting before that time... what could it be? Oh yes, feedback Friday! ::grin::

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

So, <a href="https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/38091.ftl#212291">last week</a>, we asked what sort of quick chat phrases you'd like to add in battle. Some of you went into what quick chat phrases you'd like to add in the non-combat options, and I'd like to open that up to everyone. For example, tinkrocks112 suggested on the last thread, "Sorry I am already hatching with someone." What quick chat phrase(s) would YOU add?

Have a sparkingly good weekend everyone! Looking forward to your submissions!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
Defender
Apr 02, 2009
"My hatching timer is still going down."
"I have ____ gold."
"I don't have any crowns."
"My gifting is turned off."
"Is your pet a hybrid?"
"Sorry, my friends list is full."
"Are you a member?"
"How are you today?"
"Sorry, I have to go."
"I will be back on later today."
"Will you be playing later in the day?"
"Will you be playing tomorrow?"
"Welcome back."
"Sorry, I don't have text chat."
"What world are you in?"
"Would you like some help?"
"Can I come into your battle?"
"I need to go train my pet."
"I need to get gold."
"I don't have enough gold."
"Can I see your house?"
"Can I see your dorm?"
"Would you like to see my house?"
"Would you like to see my dorm?"
"I need to go decorate my house."
"I need to go decorate my dorm."
"I will be right back."
"Sorry, I have to go away from the computer."
"I got a quest from my teacher."
"I got a new spell."
"I need to visit my teacher."
"Is your pet about to level up?"
"I have ___/___ experience."
"How much experience do you have?"
"How much health do you have?"
"How much mana do you have?"
"My pet has ___/___ experience."
"I am about to level up."
"After this quest i will level up."
"My pet is about to level up."
"Are you going to level up soon?"
"Is your pet going to level soon?"
"Is your hat a crowns item?"
"Is your robe a crowns item?"
"Are your boots crowns items?"
"Is your pet a crowns item?"
"Did you get your pet from a boss?"
"I don't know (shrug)."
"Please (beg)?"
"This is fun (jump)!"
"Is your wand a crowns item?"
"Is your hat crafted?"
"Is your robe crafted?"
"Are your boots crafted?"
"Is your wand crafted?"
"Is your ring crafted?"
"Is your amulet crafted?"
"Is your deck crafted?"
"Is your athame crafted?"
"Is your hatching timer still going down?"
"Thats funny (laugh)."
"I got it from Beckett."
"I got it from KIFreeGames.com."
"I got it from Wizardblox."
"I got it from the crowns shop."
"I got it from a friend."
"My pets talents are ____________."
"My pets derby abilities are __________."
"I am a pvp ____."
"I am a derby ____."
"I have _____ arena tickets."
"I got a gift card."
"I got new gear."
"I got a new pet."
"I like this pet."
"This pet is good at derby."
"I don't like this pet."
"This pet is awesome!"
"This pet is not good at derby."
"I like the way this gear looks."
"I like the way your gear looks."
"Is your pet good at derby?"
"Do you like that pet?"
"Look at my stats."
"Do you like my gear?"
"Do you like my stats?"
"Wait here."
"Follow me please."
"Let's do your quests now."
"Let's do my quests now."
"Can you show me where to get that pet?"

Sorry if there were any that are already in the game, because I myself don't use menu that often.
-Blaze ShadowHunter, Legendary Pyromancer

Survivor
Dec 24, 2009
For people who are muted, "Sorry, I got muted"

because people see that I have open chat and it;s annoying for them to be able to expect me to talk, and they think I am ingoring them.

Defender
Aug 05, 2009
Defender
May 31, 2009
Hmm.

Maybe one I would suggest is 'I appreciate that' or something in that category :P

If that's already there, then maybe add something like 'Hi there' in the 'Hello' section.

And maybe add the phrase 'It says you're busy'

Also, I kinda wanted a new emote too... Maybe a 'Bored' emote where the wizard crosses their arms and taps their foot impatiently.

I don't know... I was just bored :P

Sabrina
Legendary Thaumaturge
Author of The Chosen Three fanfic

~See you in the Spiral!~ 8) 8)

Explorer
Jul 16, 2009
Hi, Professor!
A couple really great menu chat phrases I can think of would be:
"Please, don't cry."
and "What can I do to help you?" or "How can I help?"
I know there is already the quick chat phrase "Would you like some help?"
but sometimes a wizard is just looking for reagents or is upset about one thing or another and these other phrases seem like they might be pretty useful in some circumstances.
Another excellent quick chat phrase would be: "I'm sorry, that is a challenge that you have to complete alone."
Something along those lines would be highly useful for those quests that a wizard doesn't know must be completed solo in order to advance in their quests..

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
Community Leader
Thank you Professor

Crafting:
I think we need replies for "Have you seen any?"
You can find that reagent here by changing realms.
I would look in the bazaar.
That reagent can be found in _____ .(world)

Misc:
May I join your battle?
Can we change realms?
Let's meet in _____ realm.

These are some I wish I could of said.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
Survivor
May 19, 2009
When I don't make it through a dungeon - happens often as I play solo most of the time, LOL- I refresh myself and go back to the entrance. A menu chat person is there and is set to enter with me. I don't mind help at all, but I feel bad that when we enter, He will be alone as we are on separate quests as I am half done. I feel rude sometimes and wish there were a menu phrase to explain that.

Also, "No, Thank you" would be better than "No" to "Want to see my house?"

Survivor
Jan 09, 2010
First off this would be great to say to some low level wizards because they are constantly in places they shouldnt be and i am getting irritated with it so you could put something like "You are not supposed to here." or "Please can you leave?" or "Your level is not suitable for this area." Also i would you to next time focus on this problem i have been seeing in pvp battles. The problem is about a few things. One the most one that discomforts me about pvp is that when i am in battle with either 4v4 or 3v3 and when my team uses spell like meteor,blizzard,and tempest we enchant them with gargantuan and its early in the battle so when we use them the other players call us spammers? I did not understand that until my teammate said "thats just our strategy" which is usually using those spells and enchanting them. At first i am okay with it but then it got more and more insulted. :( I am offended that this game allows such wizards to call other wizards horrible names. I am also going to want you guys to email me so i can tell you such words the wizards use now a days. I hope you can find it in your time to read this and take care of the problems because i thought wizard101 was supposed to be a friendly family game? i guess i was wrong about this game. Anyways my name is Valdus Deathcloud in the game so if you see and are legendary add me. :D

Survivor
Jan 15, 2011
Survivor
Aug 05, 2010
I would add a menu chat phrase like, "Where did you get..." and then a scroll down bar for Mounts, Pets, Wands, Clothes, Reagents, or Housing Items. :D

Survivor
Mar 25, 2011
how about, "sorry i can't i am in a dungeon"

Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi everyone! It's Friday yet again, and that means it's time for a great big plate of spicy hot wings for dinner. Yummy! Hmmm... there's something I'm forgetting before that time... what could it be? Oh yes, feedback Friday! ::grin::

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

So, <a href="https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/38091.ftl#212291">last week</a>, we asked what sort of quick chat phrases you'd like to add in battle. Some of you went into what quick chat phrases you'd like to add in the non-combat options, and I'd like to open that up to everyone. For example, tinkrocks112 suggested on the last thread, "Sorry I am already hatching with someone." What quick chat phrase(s) would YOU add?

Have a sparkingly good weekend everyone! Looking forward to your submissions!

Survivor
Jan 27, 2010
Survivor
Sep 15, 2009
I kinda like "Please do not join my battle" and "Be nice".

(I've noticed many join battles that are already in progress without asking and normally it's at the end of a battle. The person who was previously there runs the risk of dying and having to start over).

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
I like all the suggestions and I wold like to add some important once, since there have been many times someone with menu chat simply joined a fight they where not ready to handle, frustrating the people in the battle and sometimes causing them to get defeated or they are just jumping in to take the credit. So I would like to see these added since there is no way of talking about the battle.

"Next time please ask before porting."

"Next time please ask before joining the battle."

"Is it safe to port?"

"May I port to you?"

"May I join your Battle?"

"Are you in Battle?"

" Sorry please don't port I am in Battle."

"Thank you I don't need any help right now."

It would also be nice if you add a option to add certain phrases to a favorite phrase menu that will automatically update in all wizards on the same account.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
here are a few i wish i had to use at times.

Do you want help?
do you need help?
May i help you?

Please hatch with me...(this request is sorely needed)
What are you hatching with?

Please do not block my screen with the request box.( while in battle or in bazaar)

STOP IT!
(sorry but this may be necessary at times for people who will keep throwing that blasted add me box on your screen)

thanks prof.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2009
Survivor
Apr 01, 2009