Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fizzle does not belong in pvp

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
I don't mind losing to other players

I seriously mind losing to fizzle.

Out on the game, there's a valid story line reason I guess - it represents how poorly you know a spell (or should) and as you get better in the story line, you cast your spells better

But PVP isn't out in the game. There's no story line. There's just players battling other players and fizzle does no one any good. It ruins what would otherwise be good matches.

PVP already has all sorts of things that are different than in game play, such as no mana cost.

Fizzle needs to go.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
I don't mind losing to other players

I seriously mind losing to fizzle.

Yes. That's frustrating.

Out on the game, there's a valid story line reason I guess - it represents how poorly you know a spell (or should) and as you get better in the story line, you cast your spells better

No. It doesn't. It represents the volatility of magic you're casting so that there is some mitigation for very powerful spells. You never learn the spell "better", you find gear and other spells which help to focus the magic so that volatile spells can be cast in a more stable fashion.

But PVP isn't out in the game. There's no story line. There's just players battling other players and fizzle does no one any good. It ruins what would otherwise be good matches.

I completely disagree. It forces people to strategize. What advantage would life get, for instance, since their magic is less damaging specifically because it is more accurate? The various advanced gear uses accuracy boosts as a way of balancing schools against one another. Removing fizzle rate would definitely unbalance schools in the arena.

PVP already has all sorts of things that are different than in game play, such as no mana cost.

Fizzle needs to go.

That and a few treasure cards which can't be used in PvP are pretty much the only things that are different. Personally, I don't like that... I think it would be better to require mana to be an issue... however, its both a way of keeping arena gear confined to the arena and also plays into just about every story I've ever read involving magic. The "training" facility in those stories is always "special" so that people learning magic can learn it without the confines of the outside world. Regardless, in my opinion fizzle needs to stay.

Explorer
May 12, 2010
Fizzles need to go? So, it is fair that storm has stronger spells and then they wont fizzle? You might say that their health is lower, but not that much lower at that level.

With crown gear, storm can be at 1000 health at level 5, with the power of their spells and without storm being able to fizzle, you will single handedly give storm instant wins.

Sorry, but you seriously need to rethink your complaint!

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Without fizzle, then Storm wizards would dominate lower level PvP. Really, in low level PvP, you can't take advantage of a storm wizard's low health. Fizzle is a saving grace from that deadly storm shark or kraken. And there isn't so much accuracy boosting gear for low level storm wizards too. When a storm wizard levels up, their gear gets accuracy increases, and low health is the biggest problem.

If you play Pokemon, you know that having moves with good accuracy is a saving grace. It's much easier to take something down in Pokemon then it is in Wizard101, so if your move misses and your opponent's move hits, then it's likely to mean certain death, if not a big chunk out of your health. If you lost to a missed move, then what you would do is tweak your Pokemon's moveset to give it moves with better accuracy that essentially accomplish the same thing you want.

Now, I understand that Wizard101 and Pokemon are two different games, but the concept is similar. Try getting gear that boosts your accuracy (good places to find gear like this are Nidavellir in Grizzleheim or a dungeon in Wintertusk.) If not that, then reconfigure your deck so that you have spells with better accuracy.

Defender
Dec 18, 2008
Lol "fizzle needs to go"? Fizzle needs to stay. In arena fizzle gives everyone a CHANCE to win. Otherwise, it would pretty much just be whoever goes first would win in the arena without fizzle.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Fizzles happen. So what? Get gear with better accuracy rates, get Keen Eyes, use a School that attacks well and back it up with Balance, the list goes on and on. Fizzles just happen, to everyone.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
i very much disagree due to the fact that some schools are suppose to fiz more than others