Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Overkill?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
Hi, I was wondering how people overkill? Is it even encouraged really? I just really want to try it. I'm an ice wizard, so it'd be nice every once-in-awhile to take out a huge hit or two. Thanks!
-Victoria [Master Ice], [Magus Balance], [Novice Storm]

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Overkill is just a term to descibe it when you hit for substantially more damage then is needed to kill an enemy. To increase damage on a hit you just add multipliers (blades, traps, Star spells etc.) and extra damage cards, like Tough or Monstrous. The more multipliers you use the higher the damage will be.
In general if you are fighting in a group than is it generally okay to overkill especially when the opponents are easy to beat. In some instances if the battle is challanging and some players are at risk of dying than overkilling might be concidered selfish.

Usually when a higher level wizard like a legendary visits a lower world they have enough power to kill those enemies easily and their attacks hit for double (or more) of the health the opponent has. An example of this would be a legendary storm wizard using Storm Lord in Crab Alley.
Occasionally some players like to stack up lots of blades and traps and maximize their damage to see how high they can hit for; sometimes reaching 1.5 million damage or higher. This is Overkill to the extreme; but can be fun.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
JayBurg wrote:
Hi, I was wondering how people overkill? Is it even encouraged really? I just really want to try it. I'm an ice wizard, so it'd be nice every once-in-awhile to take out a huge hit or two. Thanks!
-Victoria [Master Ice], [Magus Balance], [Novice Storm]

You do it by stacking blades and traps in a certain order.

Defender
May 05, 2010
You can do it by like putting a bunch of blades and attack the enemy for example storm: You put a storm blade, Elemental blade (+35% to Ice, Fire, and Storm) and other blades and traps then you use the spell Kraken or Leviathan at an enemy with 2,000 Health, You then Cast the attack spell and then it does about 7,000+ Damage. Thats called overkilling.

Hope this helps! :-) :-)

Explorer
Feb 19, 2011
What's not so good is when people want everyone else to stop attacking and watch while they build up an overkill. That's hogging all the experience from a fight and wasting other peoples' time.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009

if you can get your team to work with you
some times you can obtain huge kill counts
like the major million hits

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
It's when you use an attack that does more damage than nessecary to kill an enemy. Like the time I used an Evil Snowman on a enemy with only 20 health left.

Survivor
Nov 17, 2008
About 2 years ago, I helped on an overkill on the kraken in Ds. It hit for 1 billion damage, lol. That was back when wild bolt was 10% chance of working, and did 1000 damage.This is a true story, but now it's much easier with leviathan.

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
Here's my wizard101 dictionary meaning of "overkill"

Overkill: The defeating of four opponnets with one spell.

Hunter LegendWraith level 60 necromancer

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
Did KI limit the blades and traps per hit spell to one or was it already there when the game came out? And why can you only use one blade at a time if you cast two of the exact same blades?

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
theyre right. overkill means you hit more than you have to. I even heard someone were capable of 1-hitting the old malistare (when he had 100,000 hp)

Survivor
Jun 22, 2011
Some people like to do it to show off or to see how much damage it does. You just need those boosts like balefrost and those 30% shields and those 40% shield. Keeping adding more stuff like monstrous. Use your strongest spell and see what happens!

Explorer
Aug 07, 2009
draco11121314 wrote:
Did KI limit the blades and traps per hit spell to one or was it already there when the game came out? And why can you only use one blade at a time if you cast two of the exact same blades?

Cause this would unfairly stack in the game. Think if a life wizard casted 5 lifeblades, they would get a total of 200%+to any spell. thats like 3x of orignal damage. Then say u spam spirit blades, life traps, spirit traps, get a balance to spam balance blades on you. The possibilities are endless, and it would just be unfair. Imagine being able to just tower over and over, so any hit does virtually no damage.

Thoughts?

Jason 8)