Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Add Taunting/Soothing Spells to Tutorial

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
It took me a while to figure out what these spells were and a lot of people still have no idea, so I was wondering is there any way to add a demonstration of these spells to the combat tutorial?

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Are you sure you understand what they do. If you did you might conclude, like I have, that there is not ever any reason to use them. ;)

Seriously though, I suppose they could add them to the tutorial, but then at that point in the game when you are trying to learn how to play it just may be TMI; they may have left it out on purpose so the battling did not become too complicated for new players.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
It took me a while to figure out what these spells were and a lot of people still have no idea, so I was wondering is there any way to add a demonstration of these spells to the combat tutorial?

Or at least a small quest offered by Mortis that explains it (like how Diego calls you away for advanced combat).

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
hp1055cm wrote:
Are you sure you understand what they do. If you did you might conclude, like I have, that there is not ever any reason to use them. ;)

Seriously though, I suppose they could add them to the tutorial, but then at that point in the game when you are trying to learn how to play it just may be TMI; they may have left it out on purpose so the battling did not become too complicated for new players.

Yes I'm sure I know what they do, and it's not that complicated a concept to grasp. I just think they should add a demonstration, or an explanation at the very least, since there are a lot of threads asking what Taunt and Soothe type spells do (even though the description states exactly what they do in plain English) and, in my opinion, they're just taking up space in the Forums.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Maybe the Diego tutorial that goes deeper into battle strategy can give a quick lesson on that.