Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

what each fancy element wizard rank means

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
So i wikied thaumaturge to find that it does not have almost anything to do with ice so i decided to wiki all the rest of the elements too.

here we go:

(Ice) Thaumaturge - Someone who practices the art of miracles, or magic. When used in greek terms its refurring to more spiratual powers. Many saints were often called thaumaturge's.

(Fire) Pyromancer - Someone who practices the work of divinatation (similar to seeing your fate or looking into the future) through the use of fire and usually some other item or aspect. Examples would be of oracles burning bones in acient china to see the emporers fate. Though misused in most video games, the correct word for someone who controls fire is pyrokinesis.

(Storm) Diviner - Someone who practices the art of looking into the future, or predicting out comes based on different beleifs. such as burning bones and looking at the cracks, or looking at the shape of a cows liver. The azteces were diviners and they beleived their gods to be too.

(Death) Necromancer - Someone who practices the art of raising the dead in full body form or just spirit form. The idea was to use the spirits as oracles and ask them questions of the future or just plain wisdom. Necromancy was considered by some as Thaumaturgy for the miracle of bringing back the dead. others veiwed it as demonology and was forbidden. Now days it has a looser meaning, mostly connected to anything spiritual, such as a person trying to contact and an angel would necromancy.

(Life) Theurgists - Someone who practices the art in animating statues, with the idea of pleasing gods, or sometimes summoning the gods wisdom. It can also be seen as becoming your perfect self and becoming one with nature and the gods. Sometimes it means someone who looks through nature for divinitation or looking into the future.

(Myth) Conjurer - Someone who who practices the art of summoning Gods, Demons, Angels, and super natural agents. They usually would summon them for various reasons giving the spirits orders, most religons and cultures veiw conjuration as unholy or evil, but there are a few that rely or beleive in conjuration.

(Balance) Sorcerer - Someone who practices the art in all-around magic. They can go by many names for a sorcerer is someone who just practices magic. they are sometimes called magus (Note:thats the name of a lvl 30 rank wizard) wizard, mages,Theurmagist and so on.

so as you can see most of them fit in a certain way but a few are a bit off. it was just interesting to research all these.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
You're finding alternate definitions to the words that you say don't fit.

Defender
Aug 05, 2009
Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I like how you went to research all of these titles. Wonderful information. One thing though, you forgot a bibliography! (my little joke there)

Jasmine
"I have a fever, and the only perscription is more cowbell!"

Explorer
May 21, 2011
I am impressed, though i wonder why Wizard101 used these words to name the practice of the school, when some of them don't even mean a thing about them.

Zachary Liondreamer
Level 28 balance

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
quite of then words have many more meanings that one.

if you do not research deep in to the past meaning of test then often you will find only what the present day editor have looked up .

what are the sources used and how far back did you look?