Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Low rank legend epidemic in pvp.

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jan 05, 2010
kaleeraisen wrote:
travisAk wrote:
Lion359 wrote:
travisAk wrote:
... Just going to say thank you kingsisle for ruining ranked pvp. Playing under magus now is a waste of my time and money. You cater to point hungry, magus hard players now driving Legends down in rank. I can't even que a fight without fighting someone 50 levels higher than me throwing criticals at me and my 700 health. Ty for "fixing" the point system all the while ignoring rank issues and the impact on low level pvp. You see, when you take the fun out of things people just stop doing it... That is the case with me and this broken point system. No replies plz I won't be posting here unless something is done. Level 10 (no critical) vs Level 60 (critical).... Is this what you had in mind when you changed the game? Really?

TravisAK,

See what all the complaining has done, that you backed and argued with Darth on. KI listed to you, and made changes to the game, at a huge expense to them.
Things were not fixed as you wanted, and it clearly hurt you in the game you wanted to play. If you had not asked the game to be changed, this would not have happened. So you can only Blame yourself and other people that complained on this one, no else else.

Bottom line on this, is that..............
KI listed and made changes, the changes were just not what you wanted.
That is not KI's fault, and you should not be mad at them for the changes.

You have a level 10, that can be moved up to a higher level, do so and adjust.

Joe.
. Hey Joe,

I Have butted heads with DarthJT on many issues in the past. This is an issue that widely affects a group of people in pvp. Your attitude of "like it or level up" is the kind of thing that makes people want to quit a good MMO. You see many play this game for all sorts of reasons. I like my apprentice wizard and would like to continue playing with him, unfortunately the system has made it so the health difference between me and a legendary ice is 700-3800.... I can not block critical effectively and even if I use conviction the game is forcing me to a) downrank, something I just don't do or b) get completely slaughtered.

I'm sorry but it seems to me like you have no arena wizard below legend? So why must you inject yourself into a discussion you have no weight into? Check the forums, there are EXTREME mismatches occurring right now in the arena negatively affecting all levels of experience at low level pvp. Just because someone does not do a particular type of pvp doesn't mean that everyone doesn't. Although I respect your opinions Joe this is a little out of your circle. Thx

I just want to say that your last sentence really ticks me off! Who are you to say what someone does and doesn't understand? You don't know the person behind the wizard! (unless you know them irl) So don't sound like you're the high and mighty person here, the person you say doesn't understand anything about PvP could be some kind of scholar or professor at a University or a philosopher! (well, i doubt the last one, but you never know )
I didn't know they had a wizard101 class in university, you're providing quite the assumption in your post though. Here's an example...

A physics student graduates with full honors and becomes a teacher at a university. On his way to a discussion about Translational Equilibrium and friction his car breaks down. As he stands there scratching his head he realizes that with all his years learning physics he really never had time to figure out how to maintain and fix a much simpler car engine.... Tow truck comes.

You see your post to me is based on many assumptions, another one being that I do not know anything about the poster which again is wrong. We have had quite a few discussions on this forum, I know he has a legendary balance, ice and a storm who is almost there. I know he rarely playes low level pvp from prior discussions. I don't need a book to figure out that the issues impacting low level pvp are not high on his priority list.

I'm sorry I've ruffled your feathers but you are titled to your own opinions about me and this game and I respect that, which was also in the last sentence.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
darthjt wrote:

...FYI, I have won most of my matches against these Legendaries, but that is besides the point. Yes, I have an ego, but then again, I am that GooD!

Most people are not in the same league as I am when it comes to PvP... Now, if I, find it a little bit challenging and a little bit frustrating, think of how normal people would feel... Think on how beginners or new warlords will feel... Is this the example you want to set for them? Is this your high and mighty rebuttal to my claim?

So your basically a God pvper, and you find fighting legends slightly challenging, but becuase you are SO good at pvp, it must mean its really hard for an average pvper. Am I understanding this correctly?

Well, before I was good enough to get the commander rank on my magus ice wizard, I fought many legends. In fact I'll tell you what kept happening. I would fight private legends, and I found it extremely easy to win, though I would only gain about 5 points (this was before the scoring system was fixed.) Then I would be about one win from commander, and I would face a commander or warlord magus, and lose. This would cost me about 20 points and the process would start over. Point is that I found fighting these legendary wizards easy and the skilled magus wizards were the real challenge.

Now lets go and read some of Laura's posts, she seems to be the only one that is smart on this thread.

The problem isn't fighting legends, its fighting down ranked legends.
If I only fought legends that were truly private legends, it would be a pretty fair match.

Now the second problem is critical. If the legend criticals, you die. So why not give magus wizards a chance to block?

If those two things were fixed. 1v1 magus pvp would be flawless.

-Solstice64

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Solstice64 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

...FYI, I have won most of my matches against these Legendaries, but that is besides the point. Yes, I have an ego, but then again, I am that GooD!

Most people are not in the same league as I am when it comes to PvP... Now, if I, find it a little bit challenging and a little bit frustrating, think of how normal people would feel... Think on how beginners or new warlords will feel... Is this the example you want to set for them? Is this your high and mighty rebuttal to my claim?

So your basically a God pvper, and you find fighting legends slightly challenging, but becuase you are SO good at pvp, it must mean its really hard for an average pvper. Am I understanding this correctly?

Well, before I was good enough to get the commander rank on my magus ice wizard, I fought many legends. In fact I'll tell you what kept happening. I would fight private legends, and I found it extremely easy to win, though I would only gain about 5 points (this was before the scoring system was fixed.) Then I would be about one win from commander, and I would face a commander or warlord magus, and lose. This would cost me about 20 points and the process would start over. Point is that I found fighting these legendary wizards easy and the skilled magus wizards were the real challenge.

Now lets go and read some of Laura's posts, she seems to be the only one that is smart on this thread.

If I only fought legends that were truly private legends, it would be a pretty fair match.

Now the second problem is critical. If the legend criticals, you die. So why not give magus wizards a chance to block?

-Solstice64
thx for insulting my intelligence. Unfortunately your reading skills could use an update. This thread was not about poor magus problems, rather the amount of legends in LOW LEVEL pvp, not MIDLEVEL.... There's a difference. Pls stay on topic or start your own thread. Wow really...?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Solstice64 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

-Solstice64

Not sure what level you are referring to, but levels 12 even have to face Legendary...

Now, I agree, lower levels, with the gear, should be given a chance to critical block... I am also, not arguing that the point system is better, what I am saying is that the matching system needs to be better...

Just because Laura is stating that everything is fine now, except critical block on gear, does not mean it is... Nobody should have to face a player that is 50 levels above them... This is within a minute and it creates these matchups... Now, if you think these matchups are fine, good for you, but remember, not everyone that reaches Warlord has all the gear, it takes 2200 arena tickets just for the clothing... We also are trying to discourage downranking, but to always be facing legends just because you reach warlord at any level is rediculous...