Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A 7th character slot?

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 02, 2010
I'm always fighting with myself when choosing between Myth or Ice as my next wizard. Why can't we have a 7th slot so that we can have a wizard for every school?

Survivor
Jan 12, 2011
Hello there!

I second the idea of having a 7th character slot. I have a tendency which I enjoy of having all character slots going at once, so that I experience each school. Depending on my mood, I go in and pick one. I love Wizard101 and play often. It's my favourite online game. It does however drive me nuts having to leave one school out of my choices. Because I play all available, it means that the one left out has to wait ages for me to get to the top, and because Wizard101 is evolving (adding new stuff) I really don't want to give up a present character in order to get the one left out. Please consider adding a slot for a 7th character for players.

Thanks for your time. Have a great day!

SolarSunfire1
Various levels with six characters and loving it. :D

Defender
May 31, 2009
I totally agree! I'm having a hard time choosing between Life and Storm, so make a 7th character slot!

It would solve problems :)

Sabrina
Legendary Thaumaturge

~See you in the Spiral!~

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Riolu7890 wrote:
I totally agree! I'm having a hard time choosing between Life and Storm, so make a 7th character slot!

It would solve problems :)

Sabrina
Legendary Thaumaturge

~See you in the Spiral!~

you should choose life.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2010
i wont one more too

i even know what her name will be, how she'll look, the house(s) and pets she should have.

it sound funny but it is like i miss her.

Defender
Jan 09, 2011
Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
Yeah, what's up with that? And if they're unable to add a 7th slot, we should at least hear the reason.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
People have been asking about this for a long time. It seems that there are only six slots to encourage people to make a second account, which means more money. Those unable or unwilling to do this then must make their decisions carefully on which 6 to keep. I doubt we'll ever get a 7th slot unless they make an 8th school of magic (another thing i don't see happening anytime soon.) -etherchaos

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
hey when you log in to select the wizard you wish play..

ever notice one is standing up front
and there are 6 seats open?

i see room for a seventh wizard
unless the program can not be adjusted
to accommodate it.

Explorer
May 11, 2010
Defender
Sep 18, 2009
The reason is probably financial. If KI limits you to 6 wizards when there are 7 schools, at least a percentage of people are going to start a 2nd account to lay claim to having a granmaster/legendary in every school. More accounts = more money. I have multiple accounts for myself and my kids, but I did hijack one of my son's characters so I could play all schools, LOL.

Defender
Jul 21, 2009
I believe the reason for this is similar to the housing limit. If Kingsisle let all of the millions of accounts out there have one more character, then the Kingsisle memory and server space would have to accomidate for those millions of more wizards which would be a big, unnessassary expence. Plus it takes a good about of time to build up six wizards to the best possible.

Defender
Oct 04, 2009
Isirion wrote:
i wont one more too

i even know what her name will be, how she'll look, the house(s) and pets she should have.

it sound funny but it is like i miss her.

i so feal that way
i can see a Samantha RoseDreamer lvl 60 Myth doing water works with a few freinds

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
Wizard2302 wrote:
Riolu7890 wrote:
I'm having a hard time choosing between Life and Storm

Sabrina
Legendary Thaumaturge

~See you in the Spiral!~

you should choose life.

Definitely choose storm

Survivor
May 28, 2009
I totally agree, I want to make a myth character but I'm not gonna delete any of my other characters they are all higher than lvl 40.

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
I agree with natenkate. The reason is most likely financial. If someone wants seven wizards, then you're forced to make a new account, and therefore pay more money.

Guess I'll never have a myth char...

Survivor
Aug 08, 2009
Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
I also would like to have an extra slot added because it is annoying to have that empty desk there. Even if you limited that to people with subscriptions (That way they are still making money off of it) would make sense. Nobody wants to delete something that has hours of time invested into it. It's just wrong. I ended up deleting my ice that was just through Krok because I didn't like it as much and made a myth wizard. I'm actually working on my final wizard trying to get him to level fifty and then getting the rest of my characters from fifty to sixty. It's definitely something I feel is a notable accomplishment. The problem, however, is that I still want an ice wizard for bragging rights (Having all 7 schools legendary). It's also strategy related to. In PVP you should think about what the other characters are going to do (or are capable of) and should prepare accordingly. Having six slots makes you ignorant of one school unless you are paying for two accounts and thus makes it harder for you to prepare. Of course you can experience it first hand and figure out habits of that school but it's also nice to experience everything. For an optimal experience you want to be able to do everything. It's something that should definitely be considered.