Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ranked pvp is seriusly broken

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I respectfully disagree. As I have stated before in several posts, to state that pvp is broken, implies that it once worked correctly,and now does not. I suggest that it was never properly setup from the beginning,thus allowing the many exploits that plague its current incarnation. From what I have seen, I would agree that the problems have gotten worse over time due to various so-called fixes and nerfs. The only real way to correct the problems would be a complete overhaul of pvp from top to bottom. That solution would take time and money on KI's part though,and that's something they have shown great reluctance to do across the board,when it comes to fixing problems.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2012
Hey everyone
I'm gonna keep this one short and simple. PVP has some serious issues. Like what? Well IMHO, one of the biggest ones is the points you get after a duel. So earlier today I'm doing some PVP. I'm facing an archmage who is 10-15 levels higher than me, AND he's going first. Of course, I'm not happy at all, but I strategize and plan out every spell, and along with a few may casts from my pet, I win! Obviously I'm overjoyed about winning, but mostly about all the points I'm going to win, which will be enough to make me a captain. But instead of winning 18+ points, you know how many I win? 4! Yes, you read correctly, FOUR POINTS! And it was all because he was only a pvp private. Apparently it doesn't matter if he was 15 levels higher than me and if he went first, he was only a private, so I spent all that time and treasure cards for 4 points! And it's also the other way around. If I'm facing a way lower level, 15 levels under me, and if he is a Warlord, or any high rank, I'll get TONS of points, which I like, but it's unfair to him. In short, the PVP point system is broken and I am hoping for some solution to this problem in the future update.

Hunter DragonSword-Level 71 Necromancer

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
ShadowSlayer3120 on Apr 17, 2013 wrote:
Hey everyone
I'm gonna keep this one short and simple. PVP has some serious issues. Like what? Well IMHO, one of the biggest ones is the points you get after a duel. So earlier today I'm doing some PVP. I'm facing an archmage who is 10-15 levels higher than me, AND he's going first. Of course, I'm not happy at all, but I strategize and plan out every spell, and along with a few may casts from my pet, I win! Obviously I'm overjoyed about winning, but mostly about all the points I'm going to win, which will be enough to make me a captain. But instead of winning 18+ points, you know how many I win? 4! Yes, you read correctly, FOUR POINTS! And it was all because he was only a pvp private. Apparently it doesn't matter if he was 15 levels higher than me and if he went first, he was only a private, so I spent all that time and treasure cards for 4 points! And it's also the other way around. If I'm facing a way lower level, 15 levels under me, and if he is a Warlord, or any high rank, I'll get TONS of points, which I like, but it's unfair to him. In short, the PVP point system is broken and I am hoping for some solution to this problem in the future update.

It's been broken for years. Evidently they are working on some aspects in the test realm. Time will tell.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I face this same dilemma all the time, and in this instance I have to agree with you. It seems to me that if my level 66 Ice Warlord can beat a level 90 Private, it should be worth more than 1-2 points. And of course, losing to that same private means a loss of 26-30 points.

I don't know what the answer is, but the current points system in 1v1 PvP seems a little screwy to me. Especially with the chronic down rankers with whom I constantly have to deal.

And yes, this unbalanced points discrepancy system has been implemented for a long time now. It doesn't seem like anything KI wishes to change or fix.

Explorer
Aug 23, 2012
Malt22 on Apr 23, 2013 wrote:
I face this same dilemma all the time, and in this instance I have to agree with you. It seems to me that if my level 66 Ice Warlord can beat a level 90 Private, it should be worth more than 1-2 points. And of course, losing to that same private means a loss of 26-30 points.

I don't know what the answer is, but the current points system in 1v1 PvP seems a little screwy to me. Especially with the chronic down rankers with whom I constantly have to deal.

And yes, this unbalanced points discrepancy system has been implemented for a long time now. It doesn't seem like anything KI wishes to change or fix.
The points gained should be based on level, not rank imo.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
ShadowSlayer3120 on Apr 17, 2013 wrote:
Hey everyone

Why does everyone complain about fighting people 15 levels higher than you!!!!!!!!!!! When i was legend i was beating trance and when i was trance i was beating arches its only 10-15 levels! That would pretty much only matter in noob pvp. The reason you gained a little bit of rank is cause you were almost captain and he was probably around 430 rank making it an easy match for you to win assuming his record showed his pvp skills. SRSLY stop complaining suck it up and learn to pvp.

Wolf Nightcaller balance lvl 90 1st age warlord

P.S. I've been beaten by archmages before.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
Also new update should help the rank gain

Explorer
May 25, 2009
Yeah.. Pvp points. Unfair.
Also unfair, privates going against WARLORDS.
My team, all private, not high ranks, go against a captain, warlord, a private, and another person (I forgot the rank).
Unfair, to put it.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
I am in the 300's because of this please fix it

Survivor
Oct 05, 2013
me and my pvp partner decided to pvp and by our surprise right off the bat were put against opponents we clearly weren't gear or skill ready for. as far as I know the only gear to obtain to help you need like 6000 tickets and you get 2 tickets for losing, so unless you plan on us losing 10,000,000 times to get some gear to have a fair fight. can the rating system be changed some how? cause our rating was 480 and there's were roughly 1300 and 900 and , we tried to fight again to hope we got some other pair and of course we get the same pair and if not them then others with almost equivalent gear and rating. any advise would help

Defender
Dec 08, 2012
Hey there, first off, to get the Veteran Gear, you don't only need to have enough Arena Tickets but you also need to be a Veteran, same goes with the Commander gear and the Warlord Gear. Secondly, even thou I'm not a PvP type of person, I know that you must have a strategy and yes, it can be very unfair when you're matched up with someone of higher rank then you so try to switch realms, sometimes that helps. If it doesn't, well then, I'm sorry but I'm unable to help you in that part. I know you was being sarcastic about losing 10,000,000 times to get 6,000 Arena Tickets but, when you do the calculation, you would have to lose 3,000 battles to get 6,000 Arena Tickets going at 2 Arena Tickets per battle lost. As for having a strategy, some people shield themselves before they attack and some people build their attacks before they defend. It's up to you of which one you choose. Also, if you don't have it already, try to get Tower Shield. That's the most commonly used spell in PvP so shield yourself with Tower Shield when you don't have one. Try spamming weakness and dispels on your opponent, I've seen people do that a lot of times and it seems to help them so try it. Well, that's as much as I can help you. I hope this helps.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
the best way to get rank and tickets is to do 1v1 you have much more control and going second is not a big of a deal here for level 60 and under players. if you do 2v2 3v3 4v4 with random or with mixed level friends the system is not in your favor. example 60, 60, 95 team 1 your team... and you get paired up with a 95 , 95 , 90 not too great since the 60's wont be blocking any of the critical and your bound to lose. so stick to 1v1 to rank up and get your tickets and the nice gear :)

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
When first decides every match, when you fizzle every other round with 86 accuracy, when second is the only turn you ever get, when you never block when you have conviction up with several hundred block, when dispels can be spammed to completely decide the outcome of a match, when pets can take their owners from one health to full health while costing nothing, pvp is broken. Simply fixing even the turn system would make pvp and the game so much fairer, and yet that's just scratching the surface.The turn system of Pirate101 pvp is perfectly fair, and yet has not been implemented to Wizard101. Pvp needs to be fixed.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
Aaron SpellThief on May 17, 2014 wrote:
When first decides every match, when you fizzle every other round with 86 accuracy, when second is the only turn you ever get, when you never block when you have conviction up with several hundred block, when dispels can be spammed to completely decide the outcome of a match, when pets can take their owners from one health to full health while costing nothing, pvp is broken. Simply fixing even the turn system would make pvp and the game so much fairer, and yet that's just scratching the surface.The turn system of Pirate101 pvp is perfectly fair, and yet has not been implemented to Wizard101. Pvp needs to be fixed.
it called tc dude get some and you can stop it from happening and train you pet pvp not broken if it was broken then no one could do it
1 some people pack a lot of the thing sometimes they buy the spell for it but if you the same class as them of crouse there going have dispels you just got to be ready for that fact and pets that heal are helpful to us all you just got to work hard to train and hatch it right and you could have a epic heal pet thats all it takes also 86 accuracy is not bad in less you a storm and your a low level anybody can fix there accuracy just have to go out fined a spot farm or craft gear dispels is in tc just buy some or go to the place and get you class spell free and the others you can train and p101 i know that pvp not fair sure the spells are fair but they need to make it were it go faster and you have arena like w101 so you can have more then one battle and low level don't just gain up on one player to win because they don't wanna lose p101 needs a pvp update if anything because it takes to long to get 1 and to many times i have seen a big level join one side then all the low level rush to get on there side and no one will join the other in less there a bigger level and have bigger level on there side so they don't lose truthful w101 pvp better because it don't take as long no one can gain up on low level in less they have it open so bigger level can join sure there things that need to be updated but the stuff you are talking about dose not need a update because these is more that you don't like the spell then it a problem to the game because there ways around it you just got to have the right spell in you deck the right gear on and blocks blades and traps that's all it takes to win you can ask any warlord and they will say the same stuff here what i can tell you fined a warlord to help set up a pvp deck try to fined pvp gear and then get start working with a pet to get the best healing pet you can or what ever works best for you then get some tc and put it into you deck then try battling it takes a lot of skill to win pvp in less you puppet witch is wrong
100 level
so by taking these out it will only upset a lot of people like that fairy update did and it would not be fair to players who work hard to train there pets to heal epic like so i say these topic is a bad ideal

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
It's been broken for years but what you pointed out are not glitches; they are opponents who learned how to win.
Fizzle rate has nothing to do with PvP; there is always a possibility of fizzling.
Learn to work around the opponent's spells and dispels.
Pets are hatched and hatched again. People put a LOT of time and money into it. You have the ability to do the same. Again, learn to work around it.

KI has tried to fix PvP in the past and should just take it down and rework the whole thing. I don't play Pirates, but if that system works, I honestly have no idea why KI hasn't implemented it here. You can't just nerf spells, nerf healing, nerf pets and say "it's all better." It's not.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
RavenLady777 on May 17, 2014 wrote:
It's been broken for years but what you pointed out are not glitches; they are opponents who learned how to win.
Fizzle rate has nothing to do with PvP; there is always a possibility of fizzling.
Learn to work around the opponent's spells and dispels.
Pets are hatched and hatched again. People put a LOT of time and money into it. You have the ability to do the same. Again, learn to work around it.

KI has tried to fix PvP in the past and should just take it down and rework the whole thing. I don't play Pirates, but if that system works, I honestly have no idea why KI hasn't implemented it here. You can't just nerf spells, nerf healing, nerf pets and say "it's all better." It's not.
I don't consider it fair when I'm about to defeat an opponent and their pet casts 4 times over the course of a round and gets them back to full health. My pet heals about once in 40 matches..I have many "perfect" (Or at least very good) pets, and yet none of them ever heal. Dispel spamming..well, the only real counter from second is cleanse charm, and when opponents also spam virulent plague and smokescreen, cleanse charm simply does not work. I consider pvp broken when I go second 9/10 matches and fizzle half my spells...Dispel spamming is simply unfair. I do not play the game to not be able to use any spells. You're right: none of the things I mentioned are glitches. They are simply examples of opponents being extremely lucky. When I play games, I like to have control over what is happening in the game. If I do not have at least some control, what point is there in playing? Critical, pet heals, turn advantages, and dispel spamming are all examples of not being able to control anything. Nothing I do can make a difference if I have most of my spells dispelled. Nothing I do can make a difference when I get one hit killed with critical. Nothing I do except for a OHKO (which is very hard when I do 1v1, 3v3, or 4v4 with level 60 characters against level 90-100 players or warlords 1500 rank higher than us and 10 levels lower) can make a difference when pets heal 4 times a round on each opponent. Very little I do can make a difference when my opponent can see every move I make and react to it, while I have to wait a round to react to his/her moves. Little by little, the game is becoming more luck-based, and to see how lucky I am is not why I play games. I prefer to see how good my strategy is in Wizard101, and when my strategy is beaten by mechanics of the game that rely solely on luck, I sometimes get angry.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
Aaron SpellThief on May 18, 2014 wrote:
I don't consider it fair when I'm about to defeat an opponent and their pet casts 4 times over the course of a round and gets them back to full health. My pet heals about once in 40 matches..I have many "perfect" (Or at least very good) pets, and yet none of them ever heal. Dispel spamming..well, the only real counter from second is cleanse charm, and when opponents also spam virulent plague and smokescreen, cleanse charm simply does not work. I consider pvp broken when I go second 9/10 matches and fizzle half my spells...Dispel spamming is simply unfair. I do not play the game to not be able to use any spells. You're right: none of the things I mentioned are glitches. They are simply examples of opponents being extremely lucky. When I play games, I like to have control over what is happening in the game. If I do not have at least some control, what point is there in playing? Critical, pet heals, turn advantages, and dispel spamming are all examples of not being able to control anything. Nothing I do can make a difference if I have most of my spells dispelled. Nothing I do can make a difference when I get one hit killed with critical. Nothing I do except for a OHKO (which is very hard when I do 1v1, 3v3, or 4v4 with level 60 characters against level 90-100 players or warlords 1500 rank higher than us and 10 levels lower) can make a difference when pets heal 4 times a round on each opponent. Very little I do can make a difference when my opponent can see every move I make and react to it, while I have to wait a round to react to his/her moves. Little by little, the game is becoming more luck-based, and to see how lucky I am is not why I play games. I prefer to see how good my strategy is in Wizard101, and when my strategy is beaten by mechanics of the game that rely solely on luck, I sometimes get angry.
then you didn't train you pet right

also you just got to work around it i have to every time i in pvp so these is not broken these is a strategy game
so you have to work on you feet to win dispel anyway one can have

these sounds to me like you a control person and you can't cantrol other players so you getting mad and posting on here how you don't like that other players have better stuff then you

and in less you can get a high critical rate then it not a big deal with pet heals and every side gets a advantages no matter what one of you always have the upper hand for the first round but the upper hand always Chang is as the battle goes

rank on the other hand is miss up because you vs every level no matter what you level is

maybe your not as good as you think you are on the game i not meaning to come off rude but if the cpu beating you when there so easy to kill maybe you just not as good at the game as your thinking i mean everybody get rusty once and wile and have to work to get there mojo back but there nothing wrong with it it happen but complain on here won't get anywhere because people will only tell you the truth on the message bored
level 100

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
sliver moon wolf on May 18, 2014 wrote:
then you didn't train you pet right

also you just got to work around it i have to every time i in pvp so these is not broken these is a strategy game
so you have to work on you feet to win dispel anyway one can have

these sounds to me like you a control person and you can't cantrol other players so you getting mad and posting on here how you don't like that other players have better stuff then you

and in less you can get a high critical rate then it not a big deal with pet heals and every side gets a advantages no matter what one of you always have the upper hand for the first round but the upper hand always Chang is as the battle goes

rank on the other hand is miss up because you vs every level no matter what you level is

maybe your not as good as you think you are on the game i not meaning to come off rude but if the cpu beating you when there so easy to kill maybe you just not as good at the game as your thinking i mean everybody get rusty once and wile and have to work to get there mojo back but there nothing wrong with it it happen but complain on here won't get anywhere because people will only tell you the truth on the message bored
level 100
I am not complaining because of a lack of skill..In all of the matches I mentioned, the opponents won because of large amounts of luck or strategies that were overpowered from first. How do I not train a pet right? My pets generally have good talents and stats before I see fit to use them. I try to work around everything that I can..There are some things, however, that it is really not possible to work around, and those are what I call overpowered. On many of my characters, I have very good gear, so there is no problem with that. Next, CPU beating me? I don't know where you got that idea. I never said anything about that in any of my posts, and it's a rare occurrence when I lose to the CPU (That's usually when I try to play a role not suited to whichever school I was playing at the time). Finally, I never said that I wanted to have control over other players. I want to have control over what my character can do in the game. The decisions that I make should have an effect, and when nothing I do can change the outcome of a battle (Unless it was, say, a final fight in a world/arc, a hard dungeon, or an area I am not high enough level to go into) there's not much point in me playing the game. Isn't the entire point of the game to have control over the character that you're playing?

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
Aaron SpellThief on May 19, 2014 wrote:
I am not complaining because of a lack of skill..In all of the matches I mentioned, the opponents won because of large amounts of luck or strategies that were overpowered from first. How do I not train a pet right? My pets generally have good talents and stats before I see fit to use them. I try to work around everything that I can..There are some things, however, that it is really not possible to work around, and those are what I call overpowered. On many of my characters, I have very good gear, so there is no problem with that. Next, CPU beating me? I don't know where you got that idea. I never said anything about that in any of my posts, and it's a rare occurrence when I lose to the CPU (That's usually when I try to play a role not suited to whichever school I was playing at the time). Finally, I never said that I wanted to have control over other players. I want to have control over what my character can do in the game. The decisions that I make should have an effect, and when nothing I do can change the outcome of a battle (Unless it was, say, a final fight in a world/arc, a hard dungeon, or an area I am not high enough level to go into) there's not much point in me playing the game. Isn't the entire point of the game to have control over the character that you're playing?
no that's not the point of the game

1 the point of the game is to plain out you game

2 pet training dose not mean just feed it snakes and\do it for 5 to 6 days of doing it it means it may taken 6 weeks but if you pet not healing right that means you didn't do something right

3 next up thought you said you were beaten by the cup in you other post
last of all i will say people class are op and rank mess up but that the only thing wrong with it

5 you were complaining

level 100 wizard

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
sliver moon wolf on May 20, 2014 wrote:
no that's not the point of the game

1 the point of the game is to plain out you game

2 pet training dose not mean just feed it snakes and\do it for 5 to 6 days of doing it it means it may taken 6 weeks but if you pet not healing right that means you didn't do something right

3 next up thought you said you were beaten by the cup in you other post
last of all i will say people class are op and rank mess up but that the only thing wrong with it

5 you were complaining

level 100 wizard
If you're saying that the point of the game is gaming, then really, you're just confirming my point, because gaming is controlling a character in a situation often very different from normal life. Without control, it's a video or movie, not a game. Secondly, I spent over 3 months training my balance's rain beetle to get pain-giver, balance-dealer, add balance, spell-proof, and fairy. It got the right talents, so therefore I did it right, and yet it still does not heal. If I did say that I have been beaten by NPCs in another post, I apologize for being incorrect; however, even if I did, I do not get beaten often. I mostly solo worlds with my ice. Finally, I never said that I was not complaining. I merely said that I was not complaining because of a lack of skill, rather because of luck or strategies that are overpowered from first.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
Aaron SpellThief on May 21, 2014 wrote:
If you're saying that the point of the game is gaming, then really, you're just confirming my point, because gaming is controlling a character in a situation often very different from normal life. Without control, it's a video or movie, not a game. Secondly, I spent over 3 months training my balance's rain beetle to get pain-giver, balance-dealer, add balance, spell-proof, and fairy. It got the right talents, so therefore I did it right, and yet it still does not heal. If I did say that I have been beaten by NPCs in another post, I apologize for being incorrect; however, even if I did, I do not get beaten often. I mostly solo worlds with my ice. Finally, I never said that I was not complaining. I merely said that I was not complaining because of a lack of skill, rather because of luck or strategies that are overpowered from first.
1 complaining is complain g no matter how you look at it

2 you may got the spell you wanted but you didn't get it to cast more often then normal pets do anyone can get fairy or spirte or any spell they want but the trick is getting a pet to cast it often

3 i saying the game not mint to be control you get to pick you cards chose what one you cast and stuff like that but they make it random on you cards or random gear you drop you don't control that so it a little of both

level 100

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
1. Yeah... first turn advantage is an issue. I saw some guy suggesting that each wizard take their turn individually. (i.e. player in first chooses their spell, then player 2 chooses theirs being able to look at what player 1 did)
2. Randomness is random. According to the Many-Worlds interpretation of quantum physics, there is at least one version of you who fizzles every round.
3. See #2.
4. See #3, if their critical chance is higher than your block chance, they can crit you. The chance for getting an unblocked critical is TheirCritChance/YourBlockChance.
5. They don't have infinity dispels, you know. Chances are they only bring the basic dispels such as Myth or Life to block a quake or heal.
6. Not possible without a ridiculous healing boost, which will take away other important stats. You need almost 300% total boost on incoming and outgoing heal for healing current to heal you to full at 1000.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
sliver moon wolf on May 22, 2014 wrote:
1 complaining is complain g no matter how you look at it

2 you may got the spell you wanted but you didn't get it to cast more often then normal pets do anyone can get fairy or spirte or any spell they want but the trick is getting a pet to cast it often

3 i saying the game not mint to be control you get to pick you cards chose what one you cast and stuff like that but they make it random on you cards or random gear you drop you don't control that so it a little of both

level 100
1. Again, I never said I was not complaining. I simply stated my reasons for complaining were not because of lack of skill...
2. As far as I have found in years of playing the game, some pets heal less than others, and there is no way to tell which will heal often and which will not. Pet heals are activated by certain triggers randomly, and there is really no way to affect that. As far as I know, I have done nothing wrong with my pets.
3. Sure, you do get random cards and gear. However, you are able to manipulate your deck to make whichever cards you want to find more likely, and you can repeat battles to increase chances of getting gear. It may not be possible to completely control luck, but it is possible to change the probability of most events containing luck in the game. Thus, players have control.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
For one thing, going second is just something you have to deal with, even if people use overpowered strategies. I don't think there's any way to fix it.

The fizzling, however, annoys me as well. I used to have 89% accuracy and went on a maddening fizzle spree in some matches as well as getting only white pips with 88% power pip chance. The best tip I can give for that is use the Staff of Flashing Blades, dropping the critical and block isn't so bad on a high level wizard if you can use the Amulet of Divine Influence or one of Morganthe's amulets. For a lower level wizard, then I guess it's all about luck there.

Critical and critical block really annoys me. I have 321 critical rating and sometimes my opponent has 120 block but they have the same amount of critical. I use a spell, they block. They use a spell while I have 261 block (sometimes even with Conviction) and I don't block. Personally, gear should give much higher amounts of block rating.

Dispels being spammed aren't much of an issue in my opinion. Using a zero pip spell constantly while they dispel is going to get you way up in pips, and then you can attack. However, if every time you get 5/6 pips or so and they dispel, stopping you from attacking, I personally find that overpowered as well.

Pets are my worst enemies in PvP. Sometimes I think to myself, "Am I going the wizard or the pet?" because half the time, it's my opponent's pet spamming heals (I'm going to mention Healing Current because that one is seriously overpowered). What disturbs me even more, is that my pet can heal 100 and help at absolutely nothing, while my opponent's pet can heal 1000 and completely save them. With Reshuffle limited, this is even worse.

In conclusion: Wizard101 shifted to complete luck, which is what takes the fun out of the game for strategic players. I remember before Celestia where you could get amazing stats, no pets healing, power pips most of the time and no fizzles, no lucky criticals on heals or hits, no armor pierce, and PvP was just perfect. I'll even say it was perfect up to Avalon, but when critical and pet spamming got insane ever since Azteca and forward, I just haven't been able to enjoy PvP as much anymore.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Robobot1747 on May 23, 2014 wrote:
1. Yeah... first turn advantage is an issue. I saw some guy suggesting that each wizard take their turn individually. (i.e. player in first chooses their spell, then player 2 chooses theirs being able to look at what player 1 did)
2. Randomness is random. According to the Many-Worlds interpretation of quantum physics, there is at least one version of you who fizzles every round.
3. See #2.
4. See #3, if their critical chance is higher than your block chance, they can crit you. The chance for getting an unblocked critical is TheirCritChance/YourBlockChance.
5. They don't have infinity dispels, you know. Chances are they only bring the basic dispels such as Myth or Life to block a quake or heal.
6. Not possible without a ridiculous healing boost, which will take away other important stats. You need almost 300% total boost on incoming and outgoing heal for healing current to heal you to full at 1000.
Randomness..something I wish the game had more of in some aspects. When I get second 9/10 matches, I start to feel that the game is no longer random. I am second just about every match..I'm starting to feel that that part of the game, at least, is not so random as it might appear. Fizzles, my fizzles always happen when I absolutely need them to not otherwise I will lose the match. I know the critical block formula. When I have 300 block, I should be blocking more often than not with conviction; however, I do not. Dispels? I've had my team life dispelled at least 5 times in 10 rounds, and many myth and death dispels at the same time. When my team cannot even use the most basic of spells, the game ceases to be fun. Since I almost always get second, dispels can be even more of an issue. Finally, pets can and do take their owners up from low to full health at low level pvp. I have had many matches where my opponent was saved by a pet heal, and later went on to win. I just lost 50 or so rating on my low level ice because I was second 5 times in a row to people 35 levels higher than me that can do half my health with no blades..Pvp simply needs to be fixed.