Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Opposite of Balance?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
I have a great idea for the opposite of balance. Chaos. I can think of some spells if people think this could possibly be an idea. But, really. Think about it. If things go out of BALANCE, CHAOS will ensue. If i get some positive comments about this, i will add the spells.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
Sounds awesome! How about since balance is weak against myth, life, and death, chaos is weak against the elemental schools. Cause i hear so many people complaining about balance weaknesses. Post spells!

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
pokemon5299 wrote:
I have a great idea for the opposite of balance. Chaos. I can think of some spells if people think this could possibly be an idea. But, really. Think about it. If things go out of BALANCE, CHAOS will ensue. If i get some positive comments about this, i will add the spells.

Not trying to douse the flames of creativity, but this concept has been discussed at great length previously. Here is a link to one of the more popular threads on the subject:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/31644.ftl

There are quite a few more if you feel like taking the time to search the forums and if so, I suggest focusing on the search terms "opposite" & "balance".

Survivor
May 16, 2011
Sounds like it would just look exactly like death and seven schools is plenty for me. The reason balance doesn't have an opposite is because it is supposed to be a balance of all elements and have no weakness or advantage.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2011
pokemon5299 wrote:

Balance already has a school that does boost damage it is Death. If I'm not mistaken I think that Myth does to.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2011
~ Hello fellow young wizard ~ lol i would say if you where talking about schools every school would be the opposite of balance but its true it would be chaos ~ brianna sunrunner ~

Survivor
May 07, 2011
Interesting concept, and makes perfect sense, even though this topic was touched on many times before.

Balance holds Fire, Ice, and Lightning, being the core elements of nature in this game.

Chaos could accurately portray Life, Death, and Myth, in which the very essence of Chaos being the chaotic conflict between Life and Death, with Myth being the bridge.

The potential for the school is immense, and only limited by the developer's capacity to bring it to fruition.

What spells do you propose?

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
Ok. Lets start by saying this: Balance isn' the strongest school. Their's now a Balance Dispel. And Against other Balance creatures, Balance is useless. The creatures Elemental and Spirit Shield, and sometimes they have up to 50% or more resist. Honestly, I don't really think it would be fair to then, on top of all that, add a specific magic, thus adding mob, made to counter Balance. Good idea, but my vote is no.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
pokemon5299 wrote:

Threads about the Chaos school from other wizards:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/75/31644.ftl#200711

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/25221.ftl#135297

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/21607.ftl#111458

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/11502.ftl#57874

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Dark7X and jarethpet, that is a good idea. I did not think about that. So, i have a mix of positive and negetive comments. To the people who said that it ahs already been sugested, i am comming up with new spells, and kind of reviving the subject. Anyway, Chaos could be kind of like Insane Bolt. It will do damage to the enemy or yourself. It could also heal, to counter the damage to yourself, but it can heal you, or, again, the enemy. A very high pip spell could be Kronos from greek mythology. Another spell could be Typhon. (I forgot exactly who he is, but didnt he supposedly almost defeat the greek gods? I think this is the guy.) This school could also use the take damage to give more damage. Doesnt fire have one of those? This school could expand on this. For example, there could be Darkness Wave. A black hole appears in the center and emits a large shockwave, damageing the enemy for a certain amount and you for half that. That means that if you use traps and blades to get it to like 2,000, you would take 1,000. The damage you take is not set. Any more ideas for spells, anyone?

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
By the way, for Chaos Wave, if there are chaos traps on you, it will not affect the damage reflected back. Also, the bottom link from kingurz goes to a thread i got this idea from. This is from that thread, and is not my original idea, though i will expand on it, but i will not change it.

Corruption (changed name, originaly rampage)- Forces one enemy to attack an opponent for one turn. Does not work in PVP.

Chaotic Control (a favorite of mine that they made)- The next spell the enemy uses is bounced back to caster and all alies ( used to be back at caster). This would be best if used with an attack one spell, as an attack all already attacks all, obviously. (this is also added by me) The spell would be cloaked. Not sure what the spell cloak does, but thi would look like it fizzles but it actually doesnt. Just so you know, this spell would only work on attack spells.

(Past here, i created these spells)

Chaos Absorb-Works only on healing spells, also cloaked, when the opponent Chaos Absorb is on heals, healing is reflected to the caster of Chaos Absorb and all their alies.

Chaotic Explosion- More powerful form of Chaos Wave, starts out the same, but instead of a wave from the black hole, it expoldes (i know its actualy stars explode into black holes, this is not a textbook, this is a video game) and damages the opponent for X amount and you for 1/2 X.

More comming soon!

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Wow that would be nice IF there was a school called that and there are 3 opposites

Survivor
Feb 17, 2011
How dare you say that!!!! Chaos spells sound so AWESOME!!!!!!Oh yeah, what school are you from?

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Me? i am Storm. Well, i ahve gotten more of both types of comments. Also, if i wasnt clear before, Chaos wave, Chaotic Explosion, and now Apocalyptic End all attack all enemies, but only hurt the caster, not alies, adn the reflected damage would be 25% of the greatest damage for Wave, 50% for Explosion, and 75% for End. There are currently no 100% reflecters. Ok, more spells.

Apocalyptic End- More damage than Chaotic Explosion, 75% of damage reflected back. Feints on you and all enemies

There will be the Chaos Blade, Trap, and Shield, of course.

The dome thing, like Balefrost and Darkwind (sorry, dont know what it is called) would be Chaos Zone or Chaotic Zone. IT would have small black explosions at random places in the air and would reduce damage refected back by 20%, treasure card or amulet by 30%. If it goes into the negetives because of this dome, it heals you by how much is below zero. For example, if you use Wave with the -30% one, you would be healed by 5% of the damage given, and take none.

Chaotic Shield (Different than Chaos Shield)- Would subtract reflected damage by 25%. (Could be healed from this also, as described in the last spell.)

Kronos- Rises out of the pit of Tarturus. He lands in front of the first enemy and slashes at them wiht his sythe, leaving a dark aura around them, which stuns them every other round. ( He was the titan of time, so this is like slowing them down. It bypasses stun shields, also.

More coming soon!

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
pokemon5299 wrote:
I think the opposite is unstable. get it?

Defender
Aug 05, 2009
It is a good idea, but I doubt it is possible due to the fact that legendaries would be complaining and we're too far in the game to add a new school.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Well, with it could come another charecter slot or 2, and maybe even a free training point refund, so people could change their stratagies.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Ok, here are a few more spells, along with a wand and mount idea.

Anubis-Anubis rises out of a hole in the ground and "Your time has come!" appears on the screen (kinda like when you die, the blue letters). He puts an image of the opponent on the scales he summons. Then, he puts a symbolization of Ma'at on the other end. The opponent are much outweighed by Ma'at and Anubis yells, "You are not worthy!" He whips the opponent with his flail. HE then repeats this for all opponents. He then turns around and says, And you! You summoned me! Lets try you, also! He weighes you, and you can either balance with him and get healed (unlikely, maybe a 1/20 chance) or you are outweighed and he whips you also, and then slowly sinks back in to the hole in the ground.

Apophis- An image of the sun appears overhead. Apophis (a giant snake, kind of the devil of egypt, symbolises chaos) swallows the sun, then turns to the opponent. He lunges at you and and spits a giant ball of fire at them, which explodes on contact, damageing them and relfecting the full amount back to you by spitting one at you after every shot. It then does this for each opponent. (Yes, it reflects back all damage to you for EACH opponent, though if it would kill you, it only takes you to one health, so you can still live. Most powerful Chaos spell so far. Just hope you have a healer on your team. Pretty outragus? Not really. You are likely to kill them all in a regular fight. For the most part, it is a last hope spell. And really, wouldnt this fit Chaos?)

Next, the wand. It would be like the Dominion Rod in The Legend of Zelda, Twilight Princess, but the rod itself would be grey, if not black, and instead of the green light, a black hole, pulling in partials of light, with a vortex around it.

The Mount- What do you think? I couldnt be the aforementioned "giant snake" could it? Nah. It cant be Apophis.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Balance has no opposite, as it is a combonation of all schools (or at least that's what is says in my text book.) Though I think if you use Death or Myth on a Balance enemy it gets a boost for whatever reason.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Just wondering, does anyone support the idea of reflected damage for Chaos? I just feel that Chaos should be risk=reward (yes, yes i did take that from burnout 3). You take a lot (risk) to do a lot (reward). Anyone like that?

Anyway, here are some more spells.

Chaos Prism-Converts Chaos into Fire, Ice, or Storm (Balance schools)

Balance Prism- Converts Balance into Myth, Death, or Life (Chaos schools)

Survivor
Jan 01, 2011
Survivor
Jan 01, 2011
oh and for that to far ahead why not do like they did with astral schools except make it all scattered out every where like have a couple in wizard city some more in krokotopia and so forth make it like an all secoundary thing. and anubis is egyption so wy would that not be balance since it is egyption themed. be carful do not over power the spells

Survivor
Mar 19, 2009
ok not a bad idea but what about myth and death the sorta match chaos and what would be its special fire is aura myth minions death steal balance buff
storm power ice shielding life heal and moon polymorph sun enchanting star aura buffs and weakens but still good idea

( try weakening with tons of weakening spells or stuns)

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Well, maybe Anubis could be balance, i guess. That means i made a death, balance, and many Chaos spells.