Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can you critical below level 50?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 26, 2008
Hello!
I was wondering, could you do a critical strike under level 50?
I am level 49 and i am finishing up ravenscar so i can go to Wintertusk (I wanna go to WT because i heard that you get loads of exp there. I was intrigued because i wanna be higher level so i can finally finish up DS).
So, to my question. I was wondering because i bought a critical boost elixir and I didn't critical ONCE. And i've seen people with lower critical ratings that critical all the time.
Thanks!

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I have a level 33 fire wizard with a snake in basket for a pet. One its talents gives me a vengeance card. I have had a critical hit when using that spell, so I would think you could have the same effect from a elixir.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Defender
Oct 26, 2009
joewizard wrote:
Hello!
I am level 49 and i am finishing up ravenscar so i can go to Wintertusk (I wanna go to WT because i heard that you get loads of exp there. I was intrigued because i wanna be higher level so i can finally finish up DS).
So, to my question. I was wondering because i bought a critical boost elixir and I didn't critical ONCE. And i've seen people with lower critical ratings that critical all the time.
Thanks!

Hmm...if you use the elixir it probably should have worked. Might have been a bug.

It's also possible that you aren't advanced enough to crit before 50. /shrug

Defender
May 30, 2009
joewizard wrote:
Hello!
Thanks!

If you have gear that gives a critical-hit boost, then it is possible to critical at that level... I don't think there is such gear available to players under level 50, though. Even with critical-hit boosted gear on you're not guaranteed to critical. For instance, on one run-through the Waterworks dungeon I critical-hit at least once per battle, then I went through it again and didn't critical the entire dungeon.

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
I bought the vengeance elixir from the crown shop and i critical about half the time..... Other times I'm not so lucky.... Oh, if you have access to ranked pvp, you can redeem arena tickets at diego on unicorn way. I remember they do have gear with criticals and blocks for people of all levels. But once I tried buying and equipping one, the critical and block stats didnt show up in my character stats, but the vengeance elixir does show up. If an admin can read this, I'd appreciate it.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2011
you can critical before lvl 50 because when up against death and jade oni i used vengance and i criticaled once in both battles.
RyanOwlwhisper Lvl52 life wiz :D

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
bome1 wrote:
Nope.

Yes. All you have to do is go to the bazaar and buy a vengeance treasure card, then play it in combat. it'll give you a chance to critical and yes, you can then do so. I've had level 2 mages manage to critical using that card.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2010
Yes, I have critical hit as low as level 17 when using vengeance. I use the treasure card when I am facing a boss solo. It usually works on spells that I have used the most. Not frequently, but I still do at level 45.

Sloan Flame, level 45 fire
Padric Ravenfriend, legendary ice
Sloan, legendary balance
Jeffrey, legendary life

Defender
Aug 05, 2009
You can only get a critical hit when your below level 50 if you use an exlir or if you use a star spell to boost your critical rating.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
joewizard wrote:
Hello!
Thanks!
Vengeance will help a lot I have 120 critical naturally
because I am a life

Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
If you want to determine your chance of getting a critical just divide your rating by 5.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I think that some of the gear in the Crowns Shop and some gear sold by Diego have critical ratings for other levels.

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
Squire
Dec 21, 2008
The answer is yes. There are elixirs available in the crowns shop that increase your critical chance. You guys probably know that star spell that increases your critical chance, you can also get the treasure card for that even if you're low level. When my ice wizard, Laura Iceheart was level 45, she was defeating the Earthwalker guy in the Plaza of Conquests (Darn, I forgot his name!) I found a treasure card and used it. Then Laura criticaled!

Explorer
May 28, 2011
joewizard wrote:
Hello!
Thanks!

i used a elixer and i criticaled for over 2,000 damage at lvl 34 so yeah i think you could

belgrim ogrebane lvl 35 myth

"not if i stick you first" Sam Gamgee, return of the king

Hero
May 02, 2009
Even if you have a vengeance (normal or treasure) and/or a critical elixir on, your not always guaranteed to get a critical hit in (it's random that way).
Sometimes you'll get lucky and get criticals, other times not so lucky and won't get critical hits; it's all random.
Increasing your critical hit chance only does just that; increases your chances to critical; it does not mean you'll critical all the time though (if you want to blame something, then blame the random number generator, or rng for short).

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
you can critical before level 50? i thought you had to be introduced to criticals before you could do that

Defender
Mar 06, 2010
Hero
Jul 27, 2009
only one way to hit critical below level 50
is to have that pet in your stash
and use the vengeance card
and then you may go crit
if your are lucky