Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

3 Top Things that faded away

AuthorMessage
Delver
Feb 15, 2009
Here are the top 3 things that have faded. Note: Dates are not really released and faded for time.

1. Treasure Card Robbing: Jan 2010- May 2010
Ever since Gifting came to the Spiral, people started scamming people for like a code for wings, homes, and more. On May 2010, scamming started to become less as scammers succeeded their job and flew away from robbed wizards.

2. Spam Chat: Apr 2009- Jan 2010
This was a major problem for people chatting in Ravenwood when someone advertises a party in the School Towers. It really annoyed many wizards when 1 of them spams the same thing. When they stopped Spam Chat, wizards can chat without getting annoyed

3. Tower Parties: Apr 2009- Oct 2009
Before Housing came, many wizards started parties in the school tower because they had no housing. This is how spam chat started. When Housing started they had no more Spam chat and tower parties

So those are the top 3 things that faded from Tower Parties - Spam Chat - Sacamming. This really helped Wizard101

~ Sean Unicornleaf, Level 60, Balance

Survivor
Jun 12, 2010
Not true about the tower party thing. People still have tower partys i have gone to some.

Explorer
Sep 20, 2009
Defender
Jun 21, 2009
Umm, not to insult you or anything, but these, of all things, have most definitely not faded away. If you don't know what I mean, spend fifteen minutes on a crowded realm in Ravenwood or the Commons.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
dragonlad1230 wrote:
Not true about the tower party thing. People still have tower partys i have gone to some.

Yeah, but back then you couldn't complete a spell quest without half of the entire server hanging out in Ravenwood yelling to come inside the towers.

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
Well, none of this is gone. Every once in a while somebody asks me for treasure cards because they were robbed.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
bome1 wrote:
Well, none of this is gone. Every once in a while somebody asks me for treasure cards because they were robbed.

This happened a while ago, to my baby Death wiz. Since I was new to gaming at the time, I had no idea that it was a problem and complied with the player's request to trade treasure cards (just two of mine for two of his), only to have him take them without giving me his in return. He had, however, added me as a friend, so I placed him on Ignore and was going to report him, but then I read Zeke's post...

Scamming is a form of cyber-bullying, and both are reportable offenses on all other sites... so why not here? Most of the victims of this deceit are new players or children, many of whom are inexperienced or aren't old enough to "know better", as KI expects us to. If the scammers are not dealt with, they can and will continue to rob wizards of not only items, but of a safe and enjoyable gaming experience; why KI continues to not only tolerate, but PERMIT this kind of behaviour is beyond me. Perhaps a Mod can offer a bit of insight into why these things continue to go unpunished.

For safety and justice,

Laura Shadowsong
Legendary Sorcerer

&

Valerian Deathwhisper
Magus Necromancer