Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

fire beetle?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 03, 2009
i was watching the pictures in tour of the spiral and a saw what it looked like a fire beetle i never seen this and i juat wanted to know if anybody else has seen it (real game) because i courent find a thing about it.

Explorer
Sep 14, 2009
I've never heard of a fire beetle before, or seen one. It's possible you maybe mistaked a magma spider for a "fire beetle".

-The Silverblades

Survivor
Dec 03, 2009
hitmix wrote:
I've never heard of a fire beetle before, or seen one. It's possible you maybe mistaked a magma spider for a "fire beetle".

-The Silverblades

no way i'm sure of it you can go see it at (see the game)-(adopt a pet) and there it is

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Lol welcome to one of the great Wizard101 mysteries.

The fire beetle mystery has been around for a while now. I think it first appeared on a Wizard101 advertisement, and then was actually seen in game a few months ago. If you go to Wizard101 central there are picture proofs of the pet actually in the game, but unfortunately the people that have it are menu chatters and can't tell us where they got it.

One member sent a message to Greyrose asking about it and was told that it was a mix that we have yet to discover. (I believe in an old thread on this site Prospector Zeke hints at the same thing). So there are many people currently trying to figure out the magic combination. Theories range from Storm beetle + fire pet, to Hydra + fire cat. Me and my kids have tried a few mixes ourselves with no results.

In the last few days it seems that some progress has been made, but unfortunately it seems the person who figured out the mix seems to be withholding the information and refusing to mix with anyone.

It would be lovely if the professors would give us a hint or direction, but from past experience I don't think that will happen. (But feel free to prove me wrong professors :D) Hopefully someone who is a little less selfish will figure it out and share with the rest of us. :D

Happy mixing everyone!

Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
I really dont understand why they can't tell us, its not like the pet is the best in the game, or...
Maybe it is lol...

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
I recently saw one and I am hoping to find out how to get it! :D
However, the owner of the pet was a menu chatter, so I couldn't ask how it was obtained. It must have been and original, because it had a 37 pedigree, which others claim is the pedigree too. Perhaps the professors could give us a hint? As in a riddle maybe? Or just a plain hint would work.

Maybe it is mixed with a beetle, that is my guess anyway. As most hybrids have the look of one of the parents, or at least many similarities. Currently I believe there are 3 original beetles. Storm Beetle, Death Scarab, Life Beetle, and I haven't seen a normal Scarab. This is of course not counting the Blaze Beetle. So, any ideas on what the parents might be?

Perhaps if we get this topic to be popular enough, a professor will hear our cries, and give us a hint of the combination.

And as to the person withholding information supposedly. If he hatched with a partner, then his partner, too, would know the combination, if you could find him....

That's all I have to say on this, hopefully we find the combination and/or it is released as a crafting pet soon! Happy Hunting Everyone! :D

Survivor
May 23, 2011
Community Leader
What walker?

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Community Leader
Scarabs and Beetles look different.. Scarabs have a smooth back while the Beetles have a spiky back.

There's only Two Scarabs and that's Life and Death.

BUT there's only ONE beetle. The Storm and its Hybrid, Rain Beetle.

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Explorer
Nov 20, 2008
there is a blaze beetle (fire beetle) it has been confirmed and i can say it's true cause i have one

Survivor
Dec 03, 2009
warlockwizardmage wrote:
there is a blaze beetle (fire beetle) it has been confirmed and i can say it's true cause i have one

how you get it? then

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
okay the mix was released a while ago idk if you guys know it yet but just in case its the mix of storm beetle and firecat. :) if you dont believe me go to wizard101 central wiki. good luck!

Andrew lvl 60 fire
Jacob shadowshade lvl 60 life