Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cursed To Go Second?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
K.I., I have a question, in pvp, 1v1, I can never go first! I haven't gome first except maybe once or twice in about 80 matches? I happen to be a level 10 Warlord, but I fight level 20 and above always now, and never go first. I fought a level 40, he went first! I think the lower level should go first, they are weaker! They NEED the advantage! Going second to Magus and Masters, as a level 10, I think should be able to go first sometime....

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
I keep seeing stuff like this all the time. If your a level 10 warlord, and your not liking the people you have to fight why not down rank or level or something. Does it seem fair for the higher levels that they are a private going against a warlord lol i think not. But i have noticed the ones with the higher rank tend to go second.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
Level isn't always the advantage, the strategies are. I hear stories about how magus beats legendaries because of it.

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
Defender
Jan 08, 2010
Firefrog16 wrote:
Level isn't always the advantage, the strategies are. I hear stories about how magus beats legendaries because of it.

You know what their strategies are? treasures! and honestly i do not approve Treasures were meant to help you in QUESTING not be handicaps for the weakest person out there to use to make them stronger then a legendary.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
Ambrose122 wrote:
Firefrog16 wrote:

You know what their strategies are? treasures! and honestly i do not approve Treasures were meant to help you in QUESTING not be handicaps for the weakest person out there to use to make them stronger then a legendary.
Don't mean to bring an old thread back up. It's not always treasures that make up a good strategy. I only use treasures that boost my accuracy, but not like Skeletal Dragon and other stuff. Plus don't assume that strategies are mainly treasure cards because it's not always that, people use their brains when they play without TCs and have a good Strategy in plan.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Firefrog16 wrote:
Ambrose122 wrote:
Firefrog16 wrote:

Don't mean to bring an old thread back up. It's not always treasures that make up a good strategy. I only use treasures that boost my accuracy, but not like Skeletal Dragon and other stuff. Plus don't assume that strategies are mainly treasure cards because it's not always that, people use their brains when they play without TCs and have a good Strategy in plan.

I agree with you, firefrog. Just because a low level is a high rank doesn't always mean they used treasures to get there.
When I was an adept fire, I didn't use treasures, but rather used my brain to plan and strategize how and when to attack and shield and what-not, which is how I not only got to veteran, but also defeated a master life+minion too (note that this was all in 1v1).
Even if they do use treasures, so what? usually it's just treasure heals or shields, which isn't really all that bad (annoying, but not bad). If KI didn't want treasures to be used in pvp then they would've marked them "no pvp" like they did with the boss minions from the hand of doom pack.
So just because a low level has a high rank doesn't mean they used mostly treasures to get there. Every problem has a solution, what matters is how we turn a disadvantage into an advantage (even if your going second, it's still very much possible to win).

Survivor
May 23, 2010
I like the fact that you said (even if your going second it's still very much possible to win.) Yes but your at a huge disadvantage. Such as dispels and be beguile which will really mess you up, but won't be as bad if you go first. you will see that you get dispelled. you wont use a 7 pip card to remove that dispel right? but you have no choice if you go second. you are forced to lose 7 pips if you cast lets say storm lord or angel or rebirth etc. get my point? going second sucks... going first has a huge advantage and because of that KI should think of ways to fix this problem.