Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Experience

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 02, 2010
I was wondering why the max experience level wasn't increased when the world wintertusk was created.

I have stopped doing quests because it would just be wasting experience by doing the quests.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
legoboy3 wrote:
I was wondering why the max experience level wasn't increased when the world wintertusk was created.

I have stopped doing quests because it would just be wasting experience by doing the quests.

It is not a waste. There is more experience than levels. Always have been, always will be. So there is a good chance you will max in the next world, even after a level cap increase, before you defeat the last boss. There is just too much experience floating around the Spiral.

There's really no reason to save it either. The next world will have more than enough experience to max out to next level cap for the next world too.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Wintertusk is just an extension of Grizzleheim, which is a side world. The level cap wasn't increased when they added Grizzleheim either.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
kingurz wrote:
It is not a waste. There is more experience than levels. Always have been, always will be. So there is a good chance you will max in the next world, even after a level cap increase, before you defeat the last boss. There is just too much experience floating around the Spiral.

There's really no reason to save it either. The next world will have more than enough experience to max out to next level cap for the next world too.

Unless I am misinterpreting this statement, I have a correction.

Before anything, it was just Mooshu as the final world, and grizzleheim had not been added. I had done every single quest and side quest, and was at level 46 after defeating Mooshu's final boss.

Thats right. 46. Now, being allowed to run a dungeon at full exp for a second time, may have gotten me up to level 47. Point is, back then, you had to find a way to hit the 50.

Much like the original poster had said, I don't bother with the remainder of Celestia, nor Wintertusk. My Storm wizard did not even bother *starting* it. Why?

I got my pet from hatching, had a friend generously take me to the Krogg locations, and had no interest whatsoever in the Insane Bolt spell. My storm wizard had hit level 60 just before I got quests entering the Crustacean Empire.

Until the level cap does get increased, which I don't think it should, but will probably happen anyway in the future, I will have all that extra content for exp, whether or not we get enough of it or not.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Shiningfantasia wrote:
kingurz wrote:

Unless I am misinterpreting this statement, I have a correction.

Before anything, it was just Mooshu as the final world, and grizzleheim had not been added. I had done every single quest and side quest, and was at level 46 after defeating Mooshu's final boss.

Thats right. 46. Now, being allowed to run a dungeon at full exp for a second time, may have gotten me up to level 47. Point is, back then, you had to find a way to hit the 50.

Much like the original poster had said, I don't bother with the remainder of Celestia, nor Wintertusk. My Storm wizard did not even bother *starting* it. Why?

I got my pet from hatching, had a friend generously take me to the Krogg locations, and had no interest whatsoever in the Insane Bolt spell. My storm wizard had hit level 60 just before I got quests entering the Crustacean Empire.

Until the level cap does get increased, which I don't think it should, but will probably happen anyway in the future, I will have all that extra content for exp, whether or not we get enough of it or not.

Your saving up experience which KI will put in for everyone that is level 60. Look at this way:

There are several people right now that are level 60. The new world with a level increase cap to 70, will HAVE to have at least enough experience in it to get a wizard from 60 to 70, since those wizards cannot go back and do old quests. The experience numbers will be higher than Celestia (just like Dragonspyre was higher than Mooshu).

All your going to do is end up hitting the max level before the last boss and have extra quests saved over again (the same problem now).

You are also slightly incorrect about the Mooshu scenario. Yes, Mooshu use to be the final world, but Dragonspyre was already coded and experience was scaled to THAT world for the level cap. So while the level cap was 50 and Mooshu was the final world, it was less than a year before wizards could complete 50 easily. KI has not done that since then. Since that time, KI has put in an abundance of experience (with all the current experience you could probably level to at least 65 with all the available experience out there). Remember, even crafting gives experience too!

I don't want to discourage you from playing the way you want to play, but your saving this experience for when the level cap increases, but the day it does get increased, the best experience (or fastest) will be immediately available in that new world (exactly how Dragonspyre, Celestia and Wintertusk occurred). Since you totally skipped Grizzleheim and Wintertusk I could see you personally needing some saved up experience, but you already hit level 60. If you completed Celestia at 59 or lower, it would make sense. Also, what if new quests in the next world require places in Grizzlehim and Wintertusk (like the Obsidian Chest)? They are side worlds now with optional spells and pets, but there is no guarantee in the future. Just like Colossus Boulevard is NOT an optional street once you get to Dragonspyre.

Your situation would only be benificial if they ever increased the level cap and gave out quests that had no experience assoicated with them or extremely low. But again this is unlikely given that level 60 wizards have to get to the next cap somehow.

Defender
Aug 05, 2009
They only raise the level cap when it is a main world, and Wintertusk is a side world like Grizzleheim. As for saving up until the level cap is increased, I don't recommend it because you'll get more experience from the next world's quests.