Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

sacrifice should be changed

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
ok, so almost all death school students agree on this topic.

sacrifice should be changed. i hate how i sacrifice, and my gear boost gets added, plus feint, blades, and opponents traps, when all is said and done, you LOSE health.
i think that sacrifice should either be lowered, or it stays at 250 damage. and nothing changes.

Devin raven mask, level 41 myth
Morgrim jade thorn, level 14 death

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
...then don't use it when you have charms and wards on you. Sacrifice is fine and pretty useful if you use it correctly.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
bobert1111 wrote:

sacrifice should be changed. i hate how i sacrifice, and my gear boost gets added, plus feint, blades, and opponents traps, when all is said and done, you LOSE health.
i think that sacrifice should either be lowered, or it stays at 250 damage. and nothing changes.

I disagree. That spell is removing those traps from you at the same time, therefore helping you. You shouldn't be casting it if you have your blades up.

The damage from gear HAS to be added, because it is death damage being dealt. Maybe if you suggest they change it to Moon damage or something.

Have you tried casting a death shield on yourself before using this spell?

The goal of this spell is not to provide adequate healing for anyone including yourself (your drain spells do that). It is rare situation card like Storm's Insane Bolt. If the life wizard in your party goes down, this spell becomes handy (to bring the life wizard back). You've got so many traps and weaknesses on you that you can't handle, this spell becomes handy. Remember, this spell only gives you 50 more health than casting a Pixie on yourself. It also costs one more pip.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
kingurz wrote:
bobert1111 wrote:

I disagree. That spell is removing those traps from you at the same time, therefore helping you. You shouldn't be casting it if you have your blades up.

The damage from gear HAS to be added, because it is death damage being dealt. Maybe if you suggest they change it to Moon damage or something.

Have you tried casting a death shield on yourself before using this spell?

The goal of this spell is not to provide adequate healing for anyone including yourself (your drain spells do that). It is rare situation card like Storm's Insane Bolt. If the life wizard in your party goes down, this spell becomes handy (to bring the life wizard back). You've got so many traps and weaknesses on you that you can't handle, this spell becomes handy. Remember, this spell only gives you 50 more health than casting a Pixie on yourself. It also costs one more pip.

And just adding to what kingurz is saying... if it takes you below 0, it brings you back to 700 and since you technically "died" at that point, it also gets rid of any over time spells that may be circling you. It really is a pretty awesome spell.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
thanks kingurz

i thought about using the shields, but never trained it
and when i said that i am annoyed that blades are triggered is because......
1. it powers up the damage to you
2. you might need that for a big attack
3. if you get hit by a big damage card, and cant survive till you get you're wraith or scarecrow, then you need healing

Morgrim jade thorn,level 14 death

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
I love it as it is. Using the Death Shield is key. I learned the hard way to pay attention to my Blades. LOL Sacrifice healed my friend as we quested all the time. She laughed at me because my first wizard is a Theurgist. No matter school I am playing I heal teammates. The Theurgist in me won't have it any other way.

Megan

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
bobert1111 wrote:

On my death wizard, I find TONS of uses for sacrifice, typically in the arena I can do a double tower shield and then use sacrifice to remove hexes and feints placed by balance wizards before judgement. Also I use tons of other spells like the dark pact. Say a fire wizard uses efreet on you use dark pact for 30 damage to replace the negative charm with a positive one.

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
bobert1111 wrote:

I dont agree with you,dont use it with blades on you,cast death shields/towers on your self if you use it,its a good/useful spell dont change it,just learn to use it right and you'll be fine.

Michael ReadBlood Death Level 60

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I'm not a Death wizard but I think that Sacrifice can be useful. 250 damage for 700 health? Sounds good to me! Plus you can get Athames and Rings that give you more incoming health.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
The fix is to put on a death shield before you cast sacrifice. Then, even with all the boosts and a couple blades, you won't take very much damage at all.

bobert1111 wrote:

Defender
May 12, 2009
I like it the way it is, the only thing I would say is I have a huge boost and I can't stop it without a shield. Yet I still don't think it should be changed. When I had a resist I barely felt it. And no spell doesn't come with consequences, especially in death. Whether you're losing pips or life, it's never gonna be perferctly unsacrificial.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2011
ikr what is up with the rank 1 bosses useing spell that do 1000 damnge! andrank 10 bosses use 1 damnge spell!

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
the only thing with changing sacrifice is if you enhance it
then the damage that goes up so should also make the amount of life you get go up too but it doesn't.

you sacrifice 250 for 700

if you enhance it
you sacrifice 250 + the enhancement tough(75) to get the same 700

this is unfair

now that is pure stupidity to use it
with an enhancement or to use it at all
i save this card for the trash bin myself
leave it out of the deck
i learn the heard way
or KI could take time and make it not exchangeable.

which would benefit all players who use it

Defender
Jul 17, 2010
dounuts44 wrote:
ikr what is up with the rank 1 bosses useing spell that do 1000 damnge! andrank 10 bosses use 1 damnge spell!

Dude, don't change the subject. :x