Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

new and need some help please and thanks !

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 13, 2009
:P Hello Everyone ,

I made a new toon since its been ages since I have played wizard101 .
My problem is I chose Balance But I can not for the life of me figure out what secondary school I should pick ! Balance has blades and traps and shield for all schools but is kinda weak in higher levels with out a secondary school . :x :x :x

And yes there is a school listing but it has jack for balance since it sits in the middle of the board by itself .

I only have one toon and I want to max it before making a new one !!!!

Please oh Please help me . THANK YOU in advance for any help !

Survivor
Dec 27, 2010
Hi! I downloaded Wizard101 near Christmas, so I guess that makes me somewhat new.

Hm... Balance is a great school!

Storm has (what I think) more powerful spells.

Fire has spells that last for a few rounds.

Life mostly heals but has some attack spells.

Death has alot of spells that half heal, half attack.

Ice is okay...

Myth is ok too.

That's kinda it.

Survivor
May 13, 2010
akirabertrem wrote:
:P Hello Everyone ,

I made a new toon since its been ages since I have played wizard101 .
My problem is I chose Balance But I can not for the life of me figure out what secondary school I should pick ! Balance has blades and traps and shield for all schools but is kinda weak in higher levels with out a secondary school . :x :x :x

And yes there is a school listing but it has jack for balance since it sits in the middle of the board by itself .

I only have one toon and I want to max it before making a new one !!!!

Please oh Please help me . THANK YOU in advance for any help !

I'm Balance with Fire and Death. I've had a lot of fun with it and now legendary. I was able to solo a lot of times.

Explorer
Mar 09, 2009
Hello!
I know it could be hard, going through all of the world with only 1 school, but if you dont have the crowns to redo your training points (or you are really crafty) I just wouldnt train a secondary. Since their are a lot of good astral spells in celestia (although for lvl 50+) I would sugest training those when you can. Most of the world are adaptable so you can solo, or take a group! That is one way to get around using another school. If you and a friend can work together whenever you need questing... it will not only help you, but also the friend! I guess you could train very few secondary school spells (and i would suggest the life school for healing, or ice for tower shield)... Just a few ideas!

-Dustin RavenBreath
Level 60 Myth

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
I picked Death for my balance's secondary, but it mainly depends on what you want out of your balance wizard. I chose Death because of feint and fairly good attacks, which also get a boost against balance enemies (like all spirit school, life, death and myth). You could try Life for healing, storm or fire for attacks, or ice to be able to shield from anything, myth I see as more of a main school because only myth wizards get their biggest advantage, minions. Either way, with balance, every school should help in some way.

Amber Stormsong level 49 storm
Amber Sandrunner level 35 balance

Survivor
May 13, 2009
Thank You all for the advice . And lvl 50 gets the new school ? that is kinda harsh but cool bit of info I didn't know . 8)

Again thanks everyone .

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I have a balance legendary. I trained in Death up to feint. The extra trap helped give me more damage. Since you don't get Spectral Blast spell until level 26 the death spells helped against balance enemies.

After training in Death up to feint I trained in Ice to tower shield. This gave me extra shielding. I then trained in Life up to sprite for a little extra healing.

Upon the release of Celestia, I still had more than enough training points to train in the sun spells and even got a mutation spell. At this time I still have unused training points.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life