Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Talos

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Squire
Aug 04, 2009
I guess but I still don't like this whole Over use of the collosus animation. Just want to see a little variety you know.

Defender
Nov 19, 2008
Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
Defender
Jun 21, 2009
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
KennethB wrote:
i think its you. he looks like he is made of rock to me.

He's supposed to be made out of bronze, not rock. That's the thing.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
thorvon65 wrote:
I guess but I still don't like this whole Over use of the collosus animation. Just want to see a little variety you know.

True. Just started realizing that.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Yea, I was a bit disappointed when I saw him for the first time.

I was always picturing the bronze/metal constructs from the Celestia world. (Like the robot boss from the Stellarium, or the boss from the Lunarium. Or one of the 4 bosses from the Pillars in .... dang, forgot what that place was called.)

That would have been awesome looking. Who else has puppet, troll, cyclops, and minotaur minions?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Shiningfantasia wrote:
Yea, I was a bit disappointed when I saw him for the first time.

I was always picturing the bronze/metal constructs from the Celestia world. (Like the robot boss from the Stellarium, or the boss from the Lunarium. Or one of the 4 bosses from the Pillars in .... dang, forgot what that place was called.)

That would have been awesome looking. Who else has puppet, troll, cyclops, and minotaur minions?

Eh, that might've been a little too modern looking for Talos.

Explorer
Nov 15, 2008
Hi, I'm a legendary myth wizard and I have no idea to get the Talos card. If i get this card, i will have the master of monsters badge. I will be pleased if someone will tell me what to do. And by looking at the card, he sort of looks like he's made of rock, splattered in mud, and rolled in dirt. :D

Diana Raven Level 60
Ashley MistDreamer Level 50

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
abyd100 wrote:
Hi, I'm a legendary myth wizard and I have no idea to get the Talos card. If i get this card, i will have the master of monsters badge. I will be pleased if someone will tell me what to do. And by looking at the card, he sort of looks like he's made of rock, splattered in mud, and rolled in dirt. :D

Diana Raven Level 60

I'm pretty sure the Master of Monsters badge has nothing to do with acquiring Talos, but KI might've updated the badge requirements. Anyway, I forget if it's a Lvl. 35 spell or a Lvl. 55 spell, so I'll just give you the requirements for both:

The Lvl. 35 spell requirements are that you must be at least Lvl. 35 and you must have completed the quest “One in the Snout” in Mirkholm Keep.

The Lvl. 55 spell requirements are that you must be at least Lvl. 55, you must have completed the quest "Thief of Spells" from Erik Wyrdrune in Northguard, and you must have completed the quest "Su Su Sudrilund" (ridiculously lame Phil Collins reference, KI) in Wintertusk.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
I didn't know there was a Talos in the game. This is a spell or a boss or what? Is it from wintertusk or something?

Explorer
Nov 15, 2008
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
abyd100 wrote:

Diana Raven Level 60

I'm pretty sure the Master of Monsters badge has nothing to do with acquiring Talos, but KI might've updated the badge requirements. Anyway, I forget if it's a Lvl. 35 spell or a Lvl. 55 spell, so I'll just give you the requirements for both:

The Lvl. 35 spell requirements are that you must be at least Lvl. 35 and you must have completed the quest “One in the Snout” in Mirkholm Keep.

The Lvl. 55 spell requirements are that you must be at least Lvl. 55, you must have completed the quest "Thief of Spells" from Erik Wyrdrune in Northguard, and you must have completed the quest "Su Su Sudrilund" (ridiculously lame Phil Collins reference, KI) in Wintertusk.

Thank you so much! Ill get back to Wintertusk and get that card.

Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
catboy2197 wrote:
I didn't know there was a Talos in the game. This is a spell or a boss or what? Is it from wintertusk or something?

It's the Lvl. 35 or 55 (can't remember which) spell. It's a really powerful minion.

Defender
Oct 15, 2009
This has been mentioned and nothing could seem more valid:

Talos as a treasure? A level 1 wizard can buy Talos and go play ranked pvp. Am I alone in thinking that is just . . . . . lame?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Temperest wrote:

Talos as a treasure? A level 1 wizard can buy Talos and go play ranked pvp. Am I alone in thinking that is just . . . . . lame?

There are a lot of treasure cards wizards can get that aren't really fair when considering their level, and it makes me wish they didn't exist sometimes seeing how many heavily depend on them and see them as the answer to any dilemma (which they aren't since, last time I checked, treasure cards didn't grow on trees). However, this thread is about the visual qualities of Talos and I'd like to stay on topic.

Defender
Oct 15, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Temperest wrote:

There are a lot of treasure cards wizards can get that aren't really fair when considering their level, and it makes me wish they didn't exist sometimes seeing how many heavily depend on them and see them as the answer to any dilemma (which they aren't since, last time I checked, treasure cards didn't grow on trees). However, this thread is about the visual qualities of Talos and I'd like to stay on topic.

OK. But look at the subject title. Just something to think about the next time you create a thread.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Temperest wrote:
OK. But look at the subject title. Just something to think about the next time you create a thread.

Look at the message body. Just something to think about the next time you post a response.

Champion
May 03, 2011
Survivor
Oct 09, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
abyd100 wrote:

Diana Raven Level 60

You mentioned or "redirected" somebody about staying on topic which is the visual aspect of Talos. . . . OK . . .this above response kind of speaks for itself doesnt it. Which makes one wonder what the last commentary you made was all about. In any case, yes Talos needs to be reevaluated as a treasure card.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Solaradz wrote:
You mentioned or "redirected" somebody about staying on topic which is the visual aspect of Talos. . . . OK . . .this above response kind of speaks for itself doesnt it. Which makes one wonder what the last commentary you made was all about. In any case, yes Talos needs to be reevaluated as a treasure card.

Of course you neglect to mention that abyd100 did stay on topic in addition to asking a question. Temperest, on the other hand, said nothing about the topic, which is why I reminded them to stay on topic. If you're talking about my response to abyd100, what did you expect me to do? Ignore her? I'm sorry, but I don't see your point. Lastly, it's pretty ironic how you state what the topic of this thread is, yet you failed to stay on topic.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
tabby714 wrote:
To return to the topic--my son thinks Talos looks like he's made of chocolate. :-)

A milk chocolate Colossus? I want it!