Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New to game, need help on pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2011

Hi, I am new to the game....I am a level 8 school of frost....Just need some help on what level I can start pvping and is there a certain way I should setup my deck to be effective. Any advice you can give me as far as pvp would really help!

Thanks, Wesley

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
It's actually school of Ice ...

Okay, now Ice, in my opinion, is your best at PvP at a low level, when the gear is still primitive, because they have the highest base health. And, I wouldn't recommend this for higher levels, but an Ice wizard training in the school of Storm has high health and high damage.
This might be a lot to ask of a level 8, but get a pet with the talent Spritely. A pet with Spritely will occasionally cast the spell "sprite", which heals around half of your health at level 8. And since your pet is casting this spell, it doesn't take away your pips.
I would also recommend leveling up to level 10, as you can get new (and better) gear from a place called the Bazaar in Olde Town.
Either that, or cover yourself from head to toe in crowns gear. Crowns gear gets less and less efficient and reliable as your character levels up higher and higher, (in general) but it is great for lower levels.

Hope this helped!

Survivor
Jun 07, 2011
Defender
Apr 01, 2011
Level to 28 declining every possible quest that can be declined. This will get you through the worlds quickly and unlock Prospector Zeke quests in different worlds. This is called "following the main quest."

Prospector Zeke is your main quest guy:
Smiths at Wizard City, birds in Grizzleheim, scarabs in Krok, cats in Marleybone. This quests will pay you training points. You'll need them.

Important spells to train other than all the ice that you can:
1. life to sprite
2. balance to weakness
3. infection at mortis, sunken city
4. reshuffle at hidden store by mindy pixel crown in colossus blvd.
5. elemental blades at balance tree in krok (through ship)

Important gear to have:
1. Phosphorescent Maul (some other fire wand till you can get this)
2. Life Mastery Amulet (Nightshade necklace until you can get this)
3. Crown hat, robe and boots that is level 25 (either at Krok or Marleybone)
4. a pet that kicks behind (spell proof, pips, spritely, defy)

*Some of this stuff can be farmed for, not the robe hat and boots, if you have a legendary friend help you farm (they will likely quit helping before you can get), but to find what bosses drop this gear you can google wiz101 central wiki)

Either watchman or chilvalry decks will work. I personally use four weakness, four myth shields and four balefrost on treasure deck. It is supremely important that a myth or fire dont win the bubble battle.

After you got all this stuff, you can either watch ice matches at adept level, there are a lot of ice out there at this level bc it is strong or follow lionhunter's advice and sign up on wizard central and get more help.

Those people will give you the tips like break weakness with a wand, etc.
I've written some general pvp advice elsewhere on these forums if you look past the main page.

Hope this helps a bit,
LW