Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

DoT's not counting as a kill

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I do not know if this bug has been reported before. If so, I am sorry. I looked and didn't find anything on message boards.

On several occasions when a boss is killed by a DoT, the kill was not counted.

The first was when I killed a MB boss with my fire wizard. I had to fight the boss again because I killed him with a Heck Hound. I thought this was a small fluke until it happened again...this time in Nostrand on the fight with Ymir's sons. My group killed the last of Nordi's brothers with a DoT. We expected Nordi to stop shielding as he should when his brothers die, but he didn't. Never did we get the message that said, "Where are my brothers" (or something of that sort). He still kept playing tag with himself and shielding, making it VERY difficult to kill. We finally won but it took twice as long as it should have because of this glitch.

Please KI, look into this glitch. It really puts players that use DoT's at a disadvantage over others.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Could it be just heckhound?

I just used Fire Elf last night and the dots were defeating the enemies.

Also, possibly related, did the dot bring your enemies real close to 0? I ask, because several have noted that any type of spell that lowers your opponents life to 0 or real close to that, will not actually end up defeated sometimes. They will sometimes reappear or keep fighting while invisible. They usually don't go back to full health, but can recover the amount they had before you casted the spell that brought them exactly to 0 or 1.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Good questions kingurz!

For the boss in MB, I did use Heck Hound and the amount per round was more than enough to take him well below 0 on the final hit.

For the bosses in GH, there was two DoT's in effect...Fire Dragon and Snow Angel. I believe it was the Snow Angel that ultimately gave the 'killing' blow.

On both occasions the enemy was defeated with no stats or appearance on the screen.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Survivor
Jul 01, 2011
kingurz wrote:
Could it be just heckhound?

I just used Fire Elf last night and the dots were defeating the enemies.

Also, possibly related, did the dot bring your enemies real close to 0? I ask, because several have noted that any type of spell that lowers your opponents life to 0 or real close to that, will not actually end up defeated sometimes. They will sometimes reappear or keep fighting while invisible. They usually don't go back to full health, but can recover the amount they had before you casted the spell that brought them exactly to 0 or 1.

that happened to me once and it really freaked me out.