Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

waterworks gear won't drop

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 25, 2008
OK so i just finished my 20th time doing waterworks all i have are the boots. All of my friends have gotton there gear within ten tries. some even a mastery amulet. Yes it is a random drop but could the chances be tweeked a little. maybe instead of a 1/10 chance like a 1/5 chance. idk i guess i am unlucky. is this happening to anyone else or is it just me? :( :( :(

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
It really is all luck for all those drops. I mean you have to consider that is the best gear in the game lol. Like for my 58 gear in trial of the spheres(This was before you could buy it) It took me exactly 67 tries before i was completely geared. But for the waterworks i did it about 11 times and i have my hat and robe, I'm still missing the boots. So you know it is based on luck, but you know its not like every time you do the waterworks it is in vein if you don't get the exact thing you want. Think about the extra mega snacks you get, and a ton of stuff for gold, and sometimes some treasures.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
SEAN638 wrote:
OK so i just finished my 20th time doing waterworks all i have are the boots. All of my friends have gotton there gear within ten tries. some even a mastery amulet. Yes it is a random drop but could the chances be tweeked a little. maybe instead of a 1/10 chance like a 1/5 chance. idk i guess i am unlucky. is this happening to anyone else or is it just me? :( :( :(

I think it is just you. If they tweeked it anymore your friends would start to get duplicates of their gear.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2010
I have been in waterworks a number of times with five different wizards. On two of the wizards I recieved level sixty gear within two times going throuh. Is it possible that Luska does not drop the hood when he is killed by someone that is not inked? I know Storm is really strong (I have one) but there are some storm wizards that will supercharge and kill Luska without ink. Does "Luska" consider this cheating or not following the rules and not drop level 60 hoods? I was just wondering. Thanks

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
I feel ya. I want my robe BAD! I can't seem to get it after, I think about 15 tries ALONE for it. And, I feel weird, cause I've gotten about 6 hats!!!

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Sorry yall but i had to dress 6 chars. That meant I was on there day and night for a month (or close to it) it really is about luck. Oh and in case you are like me, please note it only drops the gear of the school you are in at the time. So unlike malistare, you cant farm it with one wiz for all chars.

Yea its a bit much but if they put more space out front it would make the experience of forming a team easier. Every legend in every realms stood there to get new gear and we could barely see through all the balloons.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2011
SEAN638 wrote:

Yes it is happening to me. I have tried eleven times and have only gotten hats and boots. I even got myth mastery amulet and i just so happen to be... can you guess it, MYTH! I think the mastery amulet drop chances should be changed. Such as you only get one for your secondary school and deffinetly not one for your Primary School.
Back to the equipment. My brother Blaze Emerald River, he got all the legendary death items in ONE DAY! I was so angry. But he went in with people with all their legendary items.
Also i went in with a person withought the robe or boots. She got the robe and i got the boots ( which i already had), does the chance of you getting the equipment depend on if the other players have them?

Explorer
Jul 05, 2009
Lol, sorry but I always laugh at people who are having this problem. I got all of my gear in exactly 3 tries, the first time, I only got to luska (the first boss). Here’s the thing I noticed, and it is true when you’re fighting any boss. The person who does the most damage, or is first, or gets the last kill have higher chances of getting a greater reward. So, same thing works for waterworks. If you’re doing the dungeon with a fire, storm, myth, or balance, try to do as much damage as you can. Don’t just be there to assist and think you’ll get gear. Seriously, I have like 10 hats, 5 robe, 6 boots, and I don’t even do waterworks that often.

Explorer
May 18, 2010
Ok I starting to get really ticked off right now. I did Waterworks 34 times and I still cant get boots and I done all 34 times doing whole dungeon. I really starting to think I never going to get my boots. And right now I'm doing my 35 time in Waterworks while I'm typing this (I dont play on full screen) and I'm on last boss right now. Is there any certain spot or what to get boots cause I REALLY want my boots and I always get kicked to last spot even if I'm with a team of life I: