Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

what is the best secondary for myth?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
hey, i am a myth wizard,i tried myth but that didnt really work, so i reset it and i am wondering what is the best secondary class for myth

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
Did you want a build for PvP or AoE? What level is your Myth character?

I suggest learning the Sun spells all the way through Gargantuan, along with the +crit and +pip Star auras, Balance’s Spirit Blade, and spend the remaining trains into the life school. With the Life Mastery Amulet equipped, you’ll be a beast.

Another popular option is to take the Ice school up through Tower Shield and grab the other shields as needed.

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 60 Ice

Defender
May 31, 2011
I am myth and my second is life. If works well for me. I am playing Wintertusk and Dragonspyre right now. I can't say life is the best as I have not played any other combination.

Champion
May 03, 2011
Well, I have Life. I like it, because I can heal my friends, but it isn't all that powerful now that I'm in DS. It does have the advantage of the Spirit Blade, which you can use in addition to your regular Myth blade--I used a training point for that, and it's been well worth it because I can now boost both my life and myth spells in one go. But I guess if I had it to do over, I'd choose Death. Still get healing, with more power...also it's more strategic, which is fun.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2009
Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I love Myth wizards beyond anything else. However, as the Wizard101 battling system currently stands, I unfortunately don't see Myth living up to their full potential.

It seems that players follow this pattern when it comes to training spells.

5 points into Ice. Spell to train: Tower Shield.

7 points into Life. Spell to train: Satyr. (I forget the EXACT points required)

1 point into Balance. Spell to train: Spirit Blade.

4 points into Astral school (Forget which). Spell to train: Gargantuan.

1 point into Star school. Spell to train: Empowerment/Amplify/Vengeance, whichever you choose.

At this point, having done all the Zeke's "Explorer" quests, and having done the 3 training point quests from Celestia, you will have exactly 6 points left. I believe this is correct.

Now, what you could do, as an option, is train only 3 points into the astral school, for Monstrous, instead of Gargantuan, and use the remaining 7 points to learn Feint.

However, I decided not to invest in Feint, since the only spell to really take advantage of that is Medusa. I freely use Orthrus instead of Medusa, since a bladed Medusa does only 187 points more damage than a bladed Orthrus. (Tested on base damage, not boosted, with only a Myth blade.)

I did not train in Spirit trap, since Orthrus is a pretty powerful multi-hit spell, and like I said before, which I use freely instead of Medusa.

For those 6 remaining points, if you decide not to learn Feint, you can consider learning the Lunar school's morph spells. Treant is a powerful healing morph, and I see many people use the Cat Bandit morph to cast the powerful Tempest attack. I am still thinking of whether or not to train in one or more morphs.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
Storm.Its true that they fizzle alot but they do amazing damage especially on myth. One time i was fighting general akilles and i used lightning bat and it done 3OO damage! and he doesnt even boost that much! And when you get to mooshu there is a 50% boost! and they resist myth by 80%! and dont worry if they put on storm shields you get a card called pierce and it get rids of shields! so in my opinion it should be storm! :D

P.S i am myth and i wish i picked storm as a second school i picked death but life creatures use death shields way more than the other schools do :(

Defender
Aug 05, 2009
Storm is the best way to go. They have high attacks and you get a boost when facing a myth enemy.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I suppose, to directly answer the poster's question, I think it is the life school. There is nothing wrong with the healing power if you happen to need it.

In end game, when you get your final equipment sets, you'll have a power boost for your own school that encourages you to use those spells. If you are facing a monster of the same school, you simply use converts.

Well, that is how I tend to do things, anyway.