Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

dragonsyre is the worst world yet!

AuthorMessage
Delver
Apr 12, 2011
i say it might not be fun for you it might be fun for others i think its okay the one part i thought was fun was the bosses in the plaza of conquest

blaze legendary pyromancer

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
Personally, I think that dragons[yre is the most annoying and longest world to get through. You seem to get through quests sooooooo slowly there. Guess it's just making you feel happy to go to Celestia

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
are you crazy, dragonspyre is AWESOME! the bosses and minions aren't to hard or too easy

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
ellielee wrote:
I personally like Dragonspyre! :) Been through it with 3 wizards and 1 more almost there. I'm looking forward to it. (Well maybe the spiders in the crystal area can get boring... but I enjoy the Labyrinth and the bosses at the Plaza. Of course, gotta love the Malistaire dungeon! :)

(The one that got tedious for me was all the running around quests in MB - playing messenger for the policeman ball and all. But I do all the side quests anyway - lol. So, DS is not the worst for me!)

My favorite thing about DS is the clothing and Plaza of conquests

Survivor
Apr 20, 2011
I am wondering if anyone else has had trouble getting their quests and getting through Dragonspyre? This is the second time I am stuck. I have been questing for my fire school to get my spells. The first one I finally got, but not without problems and my asking the makers - what the deal was. They never gave me a direct solutions, but I did manage to figure it out. I am stuck again. My teacher says: "You must go to the Labyrinth in Dragonsprye and summon the Efreet! Strike now, while the iron is hot! "
Well, I can not get into the Labyrinth, and part of this questing is to defeat Orin Grimcaster in the Crucible, and I can not get into his tower.
The Orin Grimcaster quest is : "You Call This Easy?" Well I do not know what to call it since I cannot even get close to it. lol
The Labyrinth quest is called the "The Inner Light". Go to Dimiti's Hangout.
Any body have any ideas?
I have been running around redoing every thing I can think of and do not know what I am missing.
Please Help as I am stuck again.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
dragopas64 wrote:
dragonlad1230 wrote:
SO i like doing quests but dragonspyre quests are not fun at all! Why do they make it not fun any more :(. I mean i know i know it is the world you malistare is in and the malistare ark is almost over But they could make it a little more fun right? So fellow wizards what do you think? Do you think they could make it fun or do you think it should not me fun because of it is the end of malistare ark. Tell me what you think peace!

Dude, you must be talking about MarleyBone. I think your on the wrong board. DragonSpyre is a very epic world! The storyline has to be one of the best around (of course my all time favorite world will always be Mooshu)! I think maybe you should rethink what you just posted. If you wanna talk boring, go to the MarleyBone chat room!

Haha, agreed! MB is THE most-boring world in the Spiral, so those up for some serious soul-suckage should hurry on over there, stat.

Back on topic... Dragonspyre is my favourite world, and the only thing disappointing about it was that it was the end of the Malistaire/Sylvia arc. :( I know it's unlikely, but I'm still secretly hoping that someone at KI will resurrect that plotline in the future... yeah, there are 'harder' dungeons now, but this one is, in a nutshell, what I love in a game/book/anything. Strong emotion, believable characters, and an antagonist who is just as human as he is evil... that's what brings it all to life for me. :) Note to KI: Malistaire is awesome, so bring him back, please!

Hopefully,

Laura Shadowsong
Master of Balance/future evil overlord/Malistaire devotee #1.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
colagada wrote:
What part of it isn't fun anymore?

to add to your statement how is it not fun?

Survivor
Aug 16, 2010
what do you mean by dragonspyre isnt fun (i think its awesome)

Survivor
May 13, 2010

Haha, agreed! MB is THE most-boring world in the Spiral, so those up for some serious soul-suckage should hurry on over there, stat.

Back on topic... Dragonspyre is my favourite world, and the only thing disappointing about it was that it was the end of the Malistaire/Sylvia arc. :-( I know it's unlikely, but I'm still secretly hoping that someone at KI will resurrect that plotline in the future... yeah, there are 'harder' dungeons now, but this one is, in a nutshell, what I love in a game/book/anything. Strong emotion, believable characters, and an antagonist who is just as human as he is evil... that's what brings it all to life for me. :-) Note to KI: Malistaire is awesome, so bring him back, please!

Hopefully,

Laura Shadowsong
Master of Balance/future evil overlord/Malistaire devotee #1.</div>
</blockquote>

They could bring Malistaire back in a twisted way like have Morganthe resurrect him and she could control him. Then we could beat again, but he'd be much much harder. Like how he was in the test realm when DS first came out. And maybe after that little ordeal, Malistaire may finally be forgiven by Ambrose and Cyrus.

And I'm just curious about this, but didn't Malistaire take Bartleby's eye? What became of that eye anyway?

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
tabby714 wrote:
It's true that DS isn't fun the way previous worlds were--probably b/c it's not as lighthearted. No pigs, cows, bears, and wolves. Dead people. Sad stuff, not that kid-friendly, at least for younger kids. If there were ratings for worlds, previous ones would be G, and this one would probably be PG. Having humans take the place of animals adds a sinister element. Also, it has a kind of punitive feel--like the Underworld, I guess--all the battles are hard, and many of the early ones are "tests" that just seem geared to make you suffer (e.g., those "protection pox"). It's fun in a more advanced way, I suppose--more challenging, more fun for real gamers. But I hear you, Dragonlad. It's like you're definitely not in Kansas anymore--and the bad guys seem more real, less drawn from fables and more from nightmares...

Uh... one way to put DS.

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
flarzedrago9 wrote:
I agree that the monsters in MB pulling you in was annoying but I honestly loved MB. If your talking about Celestia I agree 100 percent I despise that realm. Dragonsypre was actually pretty fun mainly getting your own drake and my level 45 gear made me look like a real dragon rider. I did hate the Crystal Cove no safe places at all there.

Aaron Drakewalker level 60
Pyromancer

My legends (got to legend way early) just finished DS and my other wizards are far away from that quest line so I will miss it, I think DS was cool, I really want to collect all of the spectre looking pets and loved fighting the enemies that looked like spectre pets.
As far as the part of this statement that getting your own drake was fun, yea it was way cool until I found out we didnt get to keep the little guy that we hatched there :( I was way bummed that I wouldnt get to keep my own drake, KI should add that to the storyline, give us the drake we hatch, he is so cool looking, and I was so disappointed to not get to take him home and name him. wanted him at my death house so bad :(
I really dont like krok much and dread all my other wizards having to go thru krok and MB, hate MB about as much as krok. The dumbest parts of MB were the constantly going everywhere to deliver all sorts of messages for the ball and the guy looking for a date that messed up and gave us the wrong notes for the wrong ladies ugh so useless :( Been to CL and Zafaria and though they seem kind of neat, I will miss DS a lot, it just had a really cool look to it. Still debating whether to get a castle there for one of my 9 girls, idk, the castle with the big hole in the center when you walk in... just not thrilling much, I dont like places with no decent areas for living room or kitchen furniture :( The watchtower in GH though it looks awesome outside has a big library type look inside and then the area with the telescope. No place to actually live in this castle, so i used it for some pets, all my giant stone towers, my statues and now to garden my honey sickle *which btw is an awesome plant for getting blade treasure cards, but this plant does not drop more of it's own seeds :( :( :(
Anyways, everyone has their own opinion to what world is better or what is not fun. Idk if i'm going to like CL much, though I get a crack outta the drama the sharks give when they die, it's like a theatre performance 'oh, the end, i'm dead'...plop hehe

Survivor
Jan 13, 2011
In my part, I love Dragon Spyre. The storyline of DS, I understood it better than the other worlds. Keep in mind people also like DS since Marlybone sucks. You get pulled to battle everytime you don´t pay the necesary attention.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
I don't think it's the worst, however i think it's the second worst. I am in the first place and am already bored. True, the level of difficulty helps you develop strategy, but you really need friends to go through that place and I (sadly) have none that can get there. The monsters there are creepy, too. :( I'm stuck without any friends!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
devodepo wrote:

They could bring Malistaire back in a twisted way like have Morganthe resurrect him and she could control him. Then we could beat again, but he'd be much much harder. Like how he was in the test realm when DS first came out. And maybe after that little ordeal, Malistaire may finally be forgiven by Ambrose and Cyrus.

And I'm just curious about this, but didn't Malistaire take Bartleby's eye? What became of that eye anyway?

Oh my god, that would be life-alteringly epic... I would pay for subs on all 3 accounts until the end of time, if KI would bring him back, in some capacity.

You're right about the eye, too, and now, I'm curious. Maybe he gave it to Morganthe, or hid it somewhere... but we'll never know. :-(

Note to KI: Malistaire is awesome, so bring him back please.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
I only do quests for new spells nothing else so basically all worlds are boring to me.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
In my opinion, Dragonspyre is great. Good story, and looks cool.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
i love dragonspyre. the set up is a lot better than the other worlds so it's easy to stay out of fights. yeah, its not the easiest world but in my opinion, i think it's fun. there are things i don't like about it, like the quest to find the book in the plaza of conquests. they don't show where it is on the map. but otherwise, i like it.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2011
dragonlad1230 wrote:
SO i like doing quests but dragonspyre quests are not fun at all! Why do they make it not fun any more :-(. I mean i know i know it is the world you malistare is in and the malistare ark is almost over But they could make it a little more fun right? So fellow wizards what do you think? Do you think they could make it fun or do you think it should not me fun because of it is the end of malistare ark. Tell me what you think peace!

yea i agree with you. i mean like they make the quest so boring like collect 6 bags or something yea they can make it more fun :

Survivor
Jul 11, 2010
dragonlad1230 wrote:
SO i like doing quests but dragonspyre quests are not fun at all! Why do they make it not fun any more :(. I mean i know i know it is the world you malistare is in and the malistare ark is almost over But they could make it a little more fun right? So fellow wizards what do you think? Do you think they could make it fun or do you think it should not me fun because of it is the end of malistare ark. Tell me what you think peace!

OK, yes. DS is not the most fun world but it has a great timeline and history. If you have been keeping up with the pace, and paying attention, it will be more fun. Personally, in my experience, DS is not always fun. When you are battling the little spiders that have 995 health, and you win, it's fun. But the bosses that have 4500 health that I need help with nearly every time, is not always fun. So think about it. If you have a friend along to talk with, and help you, it might be better. Just think about these words. --Blaze Dragonfist lvl 48 Pyromancer

Defender
Jul 27, 2009
The funnest one i think personally was wizard city cause you had up to three main quest at a time. And i think Wysteria is the worst because the storyline just doesnt make since.