Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Questions on the Critcal And Blocking System

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
I know this subject has been brought up several time but after two hours of research. I still cannot find my answer. Out of how much is the critical rating based on? Is it x/1000 or x/500? I've also noticed that i normally always block any enemy critical hit and I have roughly around 46 or 47 block for all except storm which is like 60. My critical rating for storm is 141 and I still don't know how it works. Lastly I realized that the higher the amount of pips the card uses the more likely it is for me to get the Critical hit; because if I use something like the Storm Shark or Lightning Bats its very unlikely for me to get it, on the other hand if I use a 7 power pip Tempest I will get it or if I use the Levy or Storm Lord I will also get it. In conclusion all i want are answers, please some one help!!! :(

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
No one knows for sure, but quite of few have a theory of a 500 cap.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
salgado7 wrote:
I know this subject has been brought up several time but after two hours of research. I still cannot find my answer. Out of how much is the critical rating based on? Is it x/1000 or x/500? I've also noticed that i normally always block any enemy critical hit and I have roughly around 46 or 47 block for all except storm which is like 60. My critical rating for storm is 141 and I still don't know how it works. Lastly I realized that the higher the amount of pips the card uses the more likely it is for me to get the Critical hit; because if I use something like the Storm Shark or Lightning Bats its very unlikely for me to get it, on the other hand if I use a 7 power pip Tempest I will get it or if I use the Levy or Storm Lord I will also get it. In conclusion all i want are answers, please some one help!!! :(

The widespread theory is a scale of 500 for critical and scale of 450 for critical block.