Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Deeper Friend Selection

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 24, 2009
Possible have a 2x4 area of circles above the friends list (above where the friends are listed, but below where you change from ingored/friends/etc), and you can click an All(default), Balance, Death, Storm, etc. This would be helpful for someone in need of help from a specific school.

Ex: Need healing, click on life.
Need damage, click on storm.

Another good addition to the Friend Box (I call it that, I think it is actually called the Friend Menu, though) would have an option for it to be in order from highest level to lowest, so it is easier to find a higher level friend if you are in need of one.

One more addition idea: be able to click a friend/quest/search type of button that then opens up your quests and when you click on one, it searches for any online (or all if chosen) friends that have that same quest. This would help the rate of a friend saying yes to helping you increase.

And maybe a combination of these into one option when needed, Ex: In need of a high level fire; would be good.

Note: I do NOT own or work for Wizard101 or KingIsle. I have NO insider knowledge of the game. I am merely a subcriber posting in the Message Boards.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
The school type is a good idea. :) But you can just star higher level friends. MAybe you could click the star multiple times to make them be higher on list?
All in all i good idea. :D

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
bubby2bubby2 wrote:
The school type is a good idea. :) But you can just star higher level friends. MAybe you could click the star multiple times to make them be higher on list?

Nice idea, but how does the star level update as a wizard earns more experience? I think it would be nicer to show the wizard's level (and school) next to their name.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 60 (Legendary Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 60 (Legendary Pyromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 60 (Legendary Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 58 (Grandmaster Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 41 (Master Sorcerer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 39 (Magus Necromancer)

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
jeffrey22359910112... wrote:
Possible have a 2x4 area of circles above the friends list (above where the friends are listed, but below where you change from ingored/friends/etc), and you can click an All(default), Balance, Death, Storm, etc. This would be helpful for someone in need of help from a specific school.

Ex: Need healing, click on life.
Need damage, click on storm.

Another good addition to the Friend Box (I call it that, I think it is actually called the Friend Menu, though) would have an option for it to be in order from highest level to lowest, so it is easier to find a higher level friend if you are in need of one.

One more addition idea: be able to click a friend/quest/search type of button that then opens up your quests and when you click on one, it searches for any online (or all if chosen) friends that have that same quest. This would help the rate of a friend saying yes to helping you increase.

I think these are all GREAT ideas. I especially like the idea of a way to find friends who have the same quests as you do. It's much easier to ask someone for help when they need the same goal as you do.

AWESOME idea!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 60 (Legendary Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 60 (Legendary Pyromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 60 (Legendary Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 58 (Grandmaster Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 41 (Master Sorcerer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 39 (Magus Necromancer)

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
bubby2bubby2 wrote:

Ditto