Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance Prism

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
Hi this is Laura Skywalker. I am a lvl 60 Balance Wizard.(I am also sort of annoyed at myself because I just accidentally deleted my previous post which was very long) Anyways, I have found out that a lot of balance wizards are wondering about possibly a balance prism. I think that this would be a great idea because:
A. Hydra doesn't do much and many balance enemies have elemental ,as well as spectral, shields.
B. Other schools have prisms, so why can't we? (If you are a school other than Balance please let me know how effective your spells are without your prisms)
C. Quests and enemies are really hard in Celestia (and Wintertusk)(Especially when you have to fight against a 1,000+ Balance Shark)
D. Balance Bosses are extremely hard especially when you are trying to boost your Hydra and then at the last second the boss tosses up an elemental shield.
(took me forever to fight Zarthax. I eventually got a second wizard to help)
E. Marleybone. First off, this world seems to take forever (IDK why, but I had to do the fireman's ball quest and that itself was really long) but it seems even longer when they ask you to fight cats and the only ones are your school. The only spell you have is elemental blast, and it's not too strong. Meanwhile, other wizards have just gotten their new lvl 28 spells and are using those to kill. But Balance Wizards have to resort to Spectral Blast from like 5 lvl's ago.
Ok, so that's about it. (I sort of just summarized my points in this one compared to the last one which was about twice as long as this one and only went up to like the third point) Now I don't know if us Balance Wizards are just picky, but I would like to hear back from all wizards of all schools.
(Ok so I have to admit that at lvl 60 (and with lvl 60 clothes) my spectral blast can kill a cat right off the bat with no blades. (and Ra might kill them) but when I was a lvl 30 or so wizard, I thought it took forever to kill those things. Not to mention the fact that the things you were trying to kill were sometimes really far away compared to the quest giver.)
Thanks again,
~Laura Skywalker

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
Because were meant to use hydra and spectral blast again balance enemies. With my legendary balance wizard, it only takes a balance blade and a garg hyrda to take out one balance mob and take them out one at a time. Or i could balance blade, elemental blade, and garg spectral blast for 15xxhp to 22xxhp damage depending on which element I get. At that point even ice can one shot without a critical.

If you have a balance with elemental shields, use a hyrda to take them all out at once and then follow up with a spectral blast for damage. But once you get into celestia and winter tusk, real balance enemies don't use elemental shields or weakness, just the moon, star and sun schools which are basically stronger balance schools.

And, we don't need a prism because we have both the elements and balance to attack with naturally where as othre schools need to learn a secondary school to do the same and power pips don't apply without a mastery amulet.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Don't forget, the reason Balance doesn't have a prism is because of the Balance damage they dish out.

There are only three shields that stop Balance damage:

Ice/Frozen Armor (absorb)
Spirit Armor (absorb)
Tower Shield (reduce 50%)

Minus any item or treasure cards, there is only one shield that lowers Balance damage!! Every other school has to deal with 50%, 70% and 80% shields.

It is game balancing. In order to have that awesome offensive power against all other schools, the designers have limited you even more against your own kind.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Hmm...you do bring up some good points. I have a Legendary Sorcerer myself, so I get where you're coming from. I used to think that it wasn't needed, but now I'm not sure. I think I'd prefer this to a Cast Iron Shield (it's what I suggested in my Rank 9 Spell ideas thread) only if the Balance Prism converted Balance to Life, Death, or Myth and not just some random school.