Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Seven Wonders

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 02, 2009
Hello my fellow wizards! Recently, I was looking at the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World on the internet and I realized two things. One was that there are seven wonders and seven schools of magic. The other was that each of these wonders fit into the different schools. They could probably make great spells later on in the game, so I wanted to share them with you.

Fire- Collosus of Rhodes
Reason- A statue of Helios, the God of the sun in Greek Mythology

Ice- Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
Reason- Made for the Greek God of the moon, Artemis

Storm- Statue of Zeus at Olympia
Reason- Zeus is the Greek God of storms

Balance- Great Pyramid of Giza
Reason- In some of the balance spells, sand is used, and it is in Egypt, a place much like Krokotopia, which is based on balance

Life- Hanging Gardens of Babylon
Reason- Most life spells use plants, which are in gardens

Myth- Lighthouse of Alexandria
Reason- Light is often thought of as yellow, which is a color of myth, and some myth spells like minotaur, orthrus, and medusa use light when attacking

Death- Mausoleum of Halicarnassus
Reason- Places where people are buried and tombs are places of death

Thank you for your patience and please respond back with comments!

-Blaze ShadowHunter, Level 60 Pyromancer

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
stinkybug123 wrote:
Fire- Collosus of Rhodes
Reason- A statue of Helios, the God of the sun in Greek Mythology

I don't know; I don't really look at the sun as a Fire symbol since it's more complicated than that. Power Nova has to do with stars and Ra is the god of the sun (yes I know it's a different mythology, but still...), so the sun has basically been confirmed as a symbol of Balance.

Ice- Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
Reason- Made for the Greek God of the moon, Artemis

Uh...Artemis is a goddess; Apollo is a god. Just sayin'. Anyway, I don't get the reasoning for this. What does the moon have to do with Ice?

Storm- Statue of Zeus at Olympia
Reason- Zeus is the Greek God of storms

True, but there's already a Zeus-type spell.

Balance- Great Pyramid of Giza
Reason- In some of the balance spells, sand is used, and it is in Egypt, a place much like Krokotopia, which is based on balance

At least somebody gets this.

Life- Hanging Gardens of Babylon
Reason- Most life spells use plants, which are in gardens

This has potential.

Myth- Lighthouse of Alexandria
Reason- Light is often thought of as yellow, which is a color of myth, and some myth spells like minotaur, orthrus, and medusa use light when attacking

Minotaur uses an ax, Orthrus technically howls their victim to defeat, and Medusa uses her sight to defeat victims. No "light" used anywhere. If anything, Life uses light attacks, so this should be a Life spell.

Death- Mausoleum of Halicarnassus
Reason- Places where people are buried and tombs are places of death

This makes sense.

Final Thoughts: These are monuments. How are they gonna "attack"? Some of them are too mismatched to make any sense.

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
Okay I see your arguement. To answer your questions...

The sun is mainly a ball of fire.

The moon is thought of as a cold and desolate place.

The storm spell is technically called storm lord.

When the minotaur attacks, orbs of light come off its ax. Orbs of light come out of the orthrus's mouth. Light comes off of Medusa's blades.

I forgot to mention this, but I was thinking that during the spell animation, the monument appears and the person it was devoted to or is a statue of appears next to it. This would be Helios, Artemis, Zeus, Khufu, that emperor's wife, Alexander (I believe), and the person who was buried there (sorry forgot). Then the person would use power from the monument or the monument to attack or heal.

P.S. Sorry Artemis :)

P.P.S. Sorry that I didn't explain enough

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
Okay I see your arguement. To answer your questions...

When the minotaur attacks, orbs of light come off its ax. Orbs of light come out of the orthrus's mouth. Light comes off of Medusa's blades.

I forgot to mention this, but I was thinking that during the spell animation, the monument appears and the person it was devoted to or is a statue of appears next to it. This would be Helios, Artemis, Zeus, Khufu, that emperor's wife, Alexander (I believe), and the person who was buried there (sorry forgot). Then the person would use power from the monument or the monument to attack or heal.

P.S. Sorry Artemis

P.P.S. Sorry that I didn't explain enough

LOL? The sun is gas not fire. And that is air from the minotaur ax. I have not seen medusa or orthrus very often.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
stinkybug123 wrote:

No, it's not; like I said it's more complicated than that. It's not considered "fire"; it's considered plasma, which is what I think KI was getting at.

I'm still not seeing the connection. They're both cold? Isn't that a bit rudimentary?

...and your point is? It looks exactly like how a Zeus spell would look.

The light symbolizes energy; they're not attacking with the light.

I don't know...I'm not a fan of all the spells in a rank having the same theme.