Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make a deflect ability!!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 09, 2009
If you had a rotten fodder cast a fire cat at you, you might be able to deflect the fire to someone else on your team (if your the only one on your team thats not defeated or just the only one fighting that duel this should not work). Anyways if you were lvl 24 you would have a 12% chance of deflecting ( 2 lvls = 1%). This might make you say i dont want to take damage for somebody that is like lvl 4! Well the damage is half as much as originally, but the other 50% could be transfered into a 50% resistence shield for that school on the person who takes the damage. But you CAN NOT deflect deflected spells. Plus only damage spells can be reflected. And on stuff like efreet the 90% less accuracy go on the deflector to be fair. It would be good for pvp and adventuring. Good idea huh?

I understand people are sided on this and i agree that its not cool to have something deflected to you but most of the people who said that most likely didn't read the whole thing. If everyone read the whole thing people would most likely not be sided on things. Or maybe you could ask for more information on the subject. Please read the whole thing before you take a side.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
That wouldn't work in PvE. Some people would deflect everything towards others, other people would complain about having spells deflected towards them, and grief would abound.

What might work is to have a "draw" spell for your team, a sort of Taunt that always drew the enemies' attacks for a given number of rounds. However, that would also open a different can of worms, as some might use bigger wizards to gain experience and/or complete quests for smaller wizards, with almost no risk to the latter.

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
ozzi12 wrote:
If you had a rotten fodder cast a fire cat at you, you might be able to deflect the fire to someone else on your team (if your the only one on your team thats not defeated or just the only one fighting that duel this should not work). Anyways if you were lvl 24 you would have a 12% chance of deflecting ( 2 lvls = 1%). This might make you say i dont want to take damage for somebody that is like lvl 4 Well the damage is half as much as originally, but the other 50% could be transfered into a 50% resistence shield for that school on the person who takes the damage. But you CAN NOT deflect deflected spells. Plus only damage spells can be reflected. And on stuff like efreet the 90% less accuracy go on the deflector to be fair. It would be good for pvp and adventuring. Good idea huh? PLEASE REPLY!!!!
so what you mean is that it's where there's a spell that does exactly hit you? Ex: you get hit by a fire dragon, you can deflect it so it'll hit someone else. if that's what you mean, it absolutely AWESOME! and perhaps there could be gear that gives you more?

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
niyadjahan wrote:
ozzi12 wrote:
If you had a rotten fodder cast a fire cat at you, you might be able to deflect the fire to someone else on your team (if your the only one on your team thats not defeated or just the only one fighting that duel this should not work). Anyways if you were lvl 24 you would have a 12% chance of deflecting ( 2 lvls = 1%). This might make you say i dont want to take damage for somebody that is like lvl 4 Well the damage is half as much as originally, but the other 50% could be transfered into a 50% resistence shield for that school on the person who takes the damage. But you CAN NOT deflect deflected spells. Plus only damage spells can be reflected. And on stuff like efreet the 90% less accuracy go on the deflector to be fair. It would be good for pvp and adventuring. Good idea huh? PLEASE REPLY!!!!
so what you mean is that it's where there's a spell that does exactly hit you? Ex: you get hit by a fire dragon, you can deflect it so it'll hit someone else. if that's what you mean, it absolutely AWESOME! and perhaps there could be gear that gives you more?

Of course that would sound awesome to the deflector, but what about the person it gets deflected to? They wouldn't think it was so awesome.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
ozzi12 wrote:

great idea, it will solve a lot of problems in pvp, like the most hated stormy wave deck, or the super judgement deck, because with this ya can show storm wizards and the balance wizards that those decks arent gonna work by reflecting the damage back to there face

good idea and cya

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
I red the title and thought "deflect back at enemies. Nice." But no. The actuall idea is horrible
You and your life friend are fighting a fire and storm. Storm Uses levy with 140 supercharge and blade and trap. It hits CRITICAL. You deflect it and there goes the life.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
This would be unfair in PvP, and, no offense, but is unfair to everyone all together and not a very good idea in my opinion! As a Balance student, I love being the first one on my team so I can give blades to people who need them right before they attack. Now if this ide of yours were added, being first would be more of a survival strategy then anything! The only way to play would be to solo or to always be first in your team, and not everyone can be first. In dungeons, if you kept killing your team because you don't want to take the damage, they would call you sellfish, leave, and never come back! I don't think there is any way this would be fair.

Some people think it's a great idea but first I want to make something clear: His idea is that you would deflect the damage onto the person next to you at a lower amount of damage.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
ozzi12 wrote:
Thats mean. why would you do it.Instead of deflect to teammate, instead deflect to enemy!

Defender
Jul 17, 2010
woot000 wrote:
ozzi12 wrote:
Thats mean. why would you do it.Instead of deflect to teammate, instead deflect to enemy!

I don't think this is a good idea. People will complain in PVE that spells keep getting deflected at them I mean how would you feel if a wraith spell with lots of blades and traps was deflected toward you killing you and after that no one helps you?

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
FDrybob wrote:
woot000 wrote:
ozzi12 wrote:

I don't think this is a good idea. People will complain in PVE that spells keep getting deflected at them I mean how would you feel if a wraith spell with lots of blades and traps was deflected toward you killing you and after that no one helps you?
i dont think the enemies deflect back since they dont have a level.........

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
SuperSaiyan5000 wrote:
I red the title and thought "deflect back at enemies. Nice." But no. The actuall idea is horrible
You and your life friend are fighting a fire and storm. Storm Uses levy with 140 supercharge and blade and trap. It hits CRITICAL. You deflect it and there goes the life.
oops didn't think of that, lol perhaps it should be called a reflect ability where if it is casted on you, the spell would be reflected to the person that casted it. hope this helps

-blaze duskstone legendary conjurer

p.s. there should be gear that gives reflect ability

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
You won't think it's a good idea whenever you are throwing your keyboard across the room because a leviathan got reflected onto you by a teamate.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010

This is a bad idea. Terrible even.

Wow, talk about throwing your teammates under the bus..

Luckily, this "idea" will never, ever, ever... ever make its way into the game.

10 bucks says the OP was on a Storm wizard when this idea was realized..

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
loki1201 wrote:

This is a bad idea. Terrible even.

Wow, talk about throwing your teammates under the bus..

Luckily, this "idea" will never, ever, ever... ever make its way into the game.

10 bucks says the OP was on a Storm wizard when this idea was realized..

This thread and the replies it got is all kinds of WIN! I have been laughing my behind off. Thanks for the laughs :D

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
colagada wrote:
That wouldn't work in PvE. Some people would deflect everything towards others, other people would complain about having spells deflected towards them, and grief would abound.

What might work is to have a "draw" spell for your team, a sort of Taunt that always drew the enemies' attacks for a given number of rounds. However, that would also open a different can of worms, as some might use bigger wizards to gain experience and/or complete quests for smaller wizards, with almost no risk to the latter.

And that's why they made taunt.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
ozzi12 wrote:
If you had a rotten fodder cast a fire cat at you, you might be able to deflect the fire to someone else on your team (if your the only one on your team thats not defeated or just the only one fighting that duel this should not work). Anyways if you were lvl 24 you would have a 12% chance of deflecting ( 2 lvls = 1%). This might make you say i dont want to take damage for somebody that is like lvl 4! Well the damage is half as much as originally, but the other 50% could be transfered into a 50% resistence shield for that school on the person who takes the damage. But you CAN NOT deflect deflected spells. Plus only damage spells can be reflected. And on stuff like efreet the 90% less accuracy go on the deflector to be fair. It would be good for pvp and adventuring. Good idea huh?

I understand people are sided on this and i agree that its not cool to have something deflected to you but most of the people who said that most likely didn't read the whole thing. If everyone read the whole thing people would most likely not be sided on things. Or maybe you could ask for more information on the subject. Please read the whole thing before you take a side.

That would flip the entire game around. Everyone would have to be an ice wizard to even beat unicorn way! I think that deflecting to a teammate gets a REALLY empty friends list. No offense, but this idea would be harsh to teammates, even if it's half to the teammate. Also, what about a hit all spell? Ra would hit the exact same person 4 times? K.O