Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What do you mean?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 21, 2009
Somebody told me, after I used my shields (being Balance) that I had a Tank Deck, and that was "illegal". I know what a Tank Deck is, butis it really illegal? Another friend of mine explained that KI asked people to stop making them, but what do they mean hat it's illegal and they can report me? I don't get it. Thanks!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
bome1 wrote:
Somebody told me, after I used my shields (being Balance) that I had a Tank Deck, and that was "illegal". I know what a Tank Deck is, butis it really illegal? Another friend of mine explained that KI asked people to stop making them, but what do they mean hat it's illegal and they can report me? I don't get it. Thanks!

No. It's the same type of person that says healing is illegal or using Efreet is cheating. They do that to try to make you feel bad and not actually use it. In other words, to doubt yourself which they might be succeeding from your post. PvP can bring out the desperate in people.

If it was me, I would throw on yet another shield after they said that. Maybe even a tower after that.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
kingurz wrote:
bome1 wrote:

No. It's the same type of person that says healing is illegal or using Efreet is cheating. They do that to try to make you feel bad and not actually use it. In other words, to doubt yourself which they might be succeeding from your post. PvP can bring out the desperate in people.

If it was me, I would throw on yet another shield after they said that. Maybe even a tower after that.

Don't forget to throw in a treasure fortify while you're at it and for extra good measure, you should put a weakness on them. ;)

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Ya being ice that is all people say about it. And it isn't "illegal" to be honest if they were trying to lie to you about it they should have used a better word than illegal lol. Like who would say something is illegal on a video game xD. They should have said like restricted or banned or something lol.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
bome1 wrote:
that's just nonsense. They can't report you cause you are using your deck to the best of its ability. And as for KI trying to get people to stop making these decks? i just get an image of agents coming to your house and saying 'we couldn't help but noticing that you use too many elemental shields in PVP...' Anyone saying these decks are illegal or whatever are trying to intimidate you. just ignore them and beat the heck out of them in the arena with whatever strategy you know best. -eli and crew

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
I have 3 legends (one being balance)... I've only have little pvp experience and mostly from when I was a lower wizard...

What is a tank deck? Is that a term for any school? Probably something I'll run into if I get back in the ring!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
ellielee wrote:
I have 3 legends (one being balance)... I've only have little pvp experience and mostly from when I was a lower wizard...

What is a tank deck? Is that a term for any school? Probably something I'll run into if I get back in the ring!

It is a defensive heavy setup. It makes your opponent have to do twice the work to defeat you. Remember the Mavra Flamewing and her poxes battle in Dragonspyre? It is a lot like dueling someone like that. The two main setups are either lots of shielding or healing over and over.

Any school can do it, but Balance, Ice and Life are better at it.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
if tank deck was illegal, then everyone in the ice school would be banned lol.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Don't worry about it!

This person is desperate to win, so they tried to scare you into not using your deck amazingly. Your best bet is to just ignore them and move on with your life. If something were illegal in a video game, would there be a chance to do it in the first place? (Unless, of course, if you're playing a video game where you're a bad guy and you need to do bad things.) If something like this happens again, slap on an extra weakness or elemental, spirit or tower shield, or heal your character even more, or spam sprite, or ....

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
Ignore them when they say these stuff its just to get you scared. They try to make you think your gonna get banned or something for using it just keep on using your tank deck, but if its about spamming stuns KI has said its not against the rules but its extremely unfair to the opposing team or person becuase there have been a rather few post about it since I started attending Ravenwood for my second year in 2010.

Aaron Drakewalker Level:60
Pyromancer

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
bome1 wrote:

look there was like a thing on wizard101 central saying that a tank deck is banned for there pvp tornaments and the person you faced misread the post there, dont worry tank decks are only banned in wizard101central tornaments

you did nothing wrong just keep using that deck the way ya want