Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bye

AuthorMessage
Adherent
May 20, 2010
I'm leaving Wizard101. I don't play the game that often. I don't have the time. While I may drop in from time to time before my membership expires in September, I don't plan on being active anymore. I mainly log in to the game to go research something so I can answer a question in the forums. I can't justify spending $60 per year for that.

The game story line is well-done, but the handling of technical issues leaves much to be desired. Instead of opening new areas and dreaming up new ways to get people to buy Crowns, it would be better to fix the many bugs and glitches that currently exist, some of which have been around for years. The first priority might be solving the issue that disconnects players in mid-battle and at other times.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
colagada wrote:
I'm leaving Wizard101. I don't play the game that often. I don't have the time. While I may drop in from time to time before my membership expires in September, I don't plan on being active anymore. I mainly log in to the game to go research something so I can answer a question in the forums. I can't justify spending $60 per year for that.

The game story line is well-done, but the handling of technical issues leaves much to be desired. Instead of opening new areas and dreaming up new ways to get people to buy Crowns, it would be better to fix the many bugs and glitches that currently exist, some of which have been around for years. The first priority might be solving the issue that disconnects players in mid-battle and at other times.

Hey colagada. You have been even and consistent in your advice and responses to everyone. While we haven't always agreed, we agree on this and I certainly understand how you feel. Were my kids to stop playing all together, I'm certain I would follow suit. I know that your absence will be felt by many here on the forums. If I might ask a personal question before you depart for good... what kept you motivated to continue to post despite all the posturing and snarky responses that seem to pervade many avenues on these forums? I'm having a bit of a personal dilemma with this lately and I'd appreciate another perspective if you have the time.

I wish you well in your future endeavors.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
colagada wrote:

Same with me. I'm bored with Wizard101: I've beaten Celestia and Wintertusk and made it to Legendary. I am probably not coming back either. I hope you have a good time away from the Spiral!

Explorer
May 12, 2010
Oh no, not another one!

Between DarthJT, Colagada, Gtarhannon, and MMan, these are some of the best writers on the boards! They are always helpful, give good insight, and can usually back up their posts with facts and figures. They don't give into every crazy idea or suggestion, they actually try and make this game better and keep some sanity to the boards.

I am sure new things will be coming out Colagada, too many good writers have left, please change your mind and stay.

Defender
Jan 09, 2011
first of all thank you for all the help you have given us the guidence all the helping us out we will always miss you you have been one of the greatest wizards of all time i remember how you posted about my outfit being wacky i did it and it helped it never happened again i am sad you will leave the game you should come back when they release a new world you deserve a really long break since you worked sooooooooooooooooo HARD! its hard to see such a kind hard working person leave but you deserve to

THANK YOU COLODAGA! :) :-) :D :( :-o 8) :P :-( :|

-Hunter Deathcaster " i will always be a true fan"

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
@colagada, gtarhannon, and mman17,

Your presence will be missed by this wizard. Thank you so much for helping me out with my recent dilemmas in the Great Spiral. I've come to rely on your feedback for balanced, reasonable, and accurate information.

I'm certain that there are many other players in these forums who have benefited from your generous willingness to share experience and advice.

Best of wishes,

queenlybluebean

Explorer
May 09, 2011
Hello,

I know that you and me haven't really met, but you have given some of my topics the best information, and your information is amazing,you are a real helper, and it is sad that you are leaving the Spiral, maybe you can come back once they release the next world, but for now, I wish that you have a great time! Thanks for being with us in the Spiral! You have been a great help to us all! Good-Bye ColaGada!

-Mason D. -Grandmaster Necromancer-

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Well Colagada, I can say you will be missed. I love how you even went out of your way to answer posts that didn't have a bunch of replies.

And tbh if it works I would put like $10 into a subscription for colagada fund if it would get you to stay.

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
cologada, we may not have hit it off on some of my posts, but I guess it's your decision to leave if you want to. Good luck, and please drop bye like you said sometimes. I'll miss you.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Your opinions have been strong and without bias and your voice will be missed on these message boards. Moving Forward I wish for you to find
Your joy and serenity wherever you decide to go. Wisdom can not
Be bought or found, it grows inside people... I, for one, will miss reading your take on things. I have no doubt that you make your choices for the right reasons so good luck to you, Ty for all you have put into these boards and thx for all the times you've tried to help people.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
You will be missed on the forums. I hope you will come back for maybe a one month sub, when new content is released to try it out. Hopefully, some of those old bugs will be fixed by then too. Either way, best of luck.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
I'm also quitting the game... Is not fun anymore, and the game is way to expensive! I spend about $60 just trying to get a dragon bone and guess what i never got it...

Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
like many have said before, you will be missed. :(
and people who may not read this post will miss your great replies filled with facts and reliable info.
i hope that when new worlds come out, you will want to play wiz101 again.
like rosemaryh said, we are losing some of the best writers and some of the people who help the wiz101 community A LOT.
i can see who you are leaving with the bugs and glitches. i too think KI should get a few things straightened out instead of making new crown items and all the things that can wait.
best wishes and i hope you come back sometime soon.

devin ravenmask, level 41 myth
p.s. i hope you will look into their new project on the KI website

Adherent
May 20, 2010
thorvon65 wrote:
Well Colagada, I can say you will be missed. I love how you even went out of your way to answer posts that didn't have a bunch of replies.

And tbh if it works I would put like $10 into a subscription for colagada fund if it would get you to stay.

I appreciate the thought, but I can afford to pay $60. It's more the principle.

I didn't finish all areas. I haven't finished Grizzleheim on any wizard (and of course haven't seen Wintertusk because of that), and I've never done Kensington Park. The game is just....well....boring to me, especially when I need to defeat an enemy 50+ times to get 3 items for a quest. That's why I spend most of my game-time in the forums. Answering questions isn't boring, and the questions that have no replies are the ones that need the most attention. Much of the time, the person asking the question has already moved on to another site when he/she discovered that this forum isn't real-time. In the future, people doing searches on Google/Bing/etc. and on here may find the question and answer useful.

I may not have a choice about quitting. Two relatives have told me that they are going to continue to play. If so, I may have to stay around, since I can't very well help them if I can't access all of the areas.

Defender
Nov 11, 2008
Squire
Aug 04, 2009
colagada wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:

I didn't finish all areas. I haven't finished Grizzleheim on any wizard (and of course haven't seen Wintertusk because of that), and I've never done Kensington Park. The game is just....well....boring to me, especially when I need to defeat an enemy 50+ times to get 3 items for a quest. That's why I spend most of my game-time in the forums. Answering questions isn't boring, and the questions that have no replies are the ones that need the most attention. Much of the time, the person asking the question has already moved on to another site when he/she discovered that this forum isn't real-time. In the future, people doing searches on Google/Bing/etc. and on here may find the question and answer useful.

I may not have a choice about quitting. Two relatives have told me that they are going to continue to play. If so, I may have to stay around, since I can't very well help them if I can't access all of the areas.

Well you know you do what you got to do then.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2009
RosamaryH wrote:
Oh no, not another one!

Between DarthJT, Colagada, Gtarhannon, and MMan, these are some of the best writers on the boards! They are always helpful, give good insight, and can usually back up their posts with facts and figures. They don't give into every crazy idea or suggestion, they actually try and make this game better and keep some sanity to the boards.

I am sure new things will be coming out Colagada, too many good writers have left, please change your mind and stay.

more will come

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
Explorer
Jun 11, 2010
Hey Colagada. I just want to say thank you for all of the comments and advice you have given me on my posts. I am almost positive that you have posted on all of my posts except for my newest few. All of which I have found the answers to thanks to you. And for a few I didnt believe you, I finally found out that you were right. I am am sure I am speaking for all of the other wizards you have given advice to when I say "Thank You" for all of your help. Good luck in whatever you do outside the game. Bye.
- Josh Dragonbreeze lvl 58 Pyromancer
(I cant believe that you first commented on my first post when I was level 7)
THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
colagada wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:

Colagada,

I have been taking a break from the game off and on, and just saw this.
Hope you stick around, as you have been one of the sanities of this board.
The others have said it all, you are one of the most valuable posters on this board. I for one would seriously miss your insights.

Joseph LionHunter