Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Low levels keep killing me on turn one

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2011
Title says it all

I enter a match to find some guy with like 500 hp, his turn he has two pips and uses some move that fires lightning from the sky and one hit kills me when I have around 1.2k hp.

When I try to add this person he is level 5

How is a level 16 getting one hit killed by a level 5 on turn one? This is stupid and needs to be fixed.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
howbadisbad wrote:
Title says it all

I enter a match to find some guy with like 500 hp, his turn he has two pips and uses some move that fires lightning from the sky and one hit kills me when I have around 1.2k hp.

How is a level 16 getting one hit killed by a level 5 on turn one? This is stupid and needs to be fixed.

That person is either using Wild Bolt or Insane Bolt and they got lucky. Wild Bolt only hits for 1000 every once and awhile. Insane Bolt hits for 1000, but could kill the same wizard that casted it as a backfire effect. Treasure Cards are likely the culprit of giving that low level wizard a higher level capability.

Delver
May 26, 2009
howbadisbad wrote:
Title says it all

He had a wild bolt treasure card (which can do 10, 100, or 1000 damage). It's not fair, but so are a lot of other things...

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
I think that you have been hit by the spell wildbolt or insane bolt as a treasure card. Wildbolt does 10, 100 or 1,000 damage as a normal spell when it hits a target and costs two pips. It frequently does 10 or 100 damage. Insane Bolt does 1,000 damage for two pips and is a moon spell, which you probably don't know about yet. The backlash of Insane Bolt is insane: 10,000 damage to the caster, but this only happens twenty percent of the time.
Really, both spells have already been fixed. Storm Wizards were getting their accuracy as high as possible just to spam Wildbolt, which at the time did 1,000 damage for two pips at ten percent accuracy. If Wildbolt was handicapped any more, no one would use it. Really, this low level just got very lucky and this probably won't happen again. And, your low level likely means that you weren't around when Wildbolt was fixed, and you haven't heard of Insane Bolt yet. And, for the record, neither spell is "stupid."

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
I think that KI should do what they did with the Astral spells, that you have to be a certain lvl to buy them.

Like wild bolt: lvl 30+

Insane bolt: lvl idk+

Survivor
Jun 30, 2011
Mimzkat101 wrote:
I think that you have been hit by the spell wildbolt or insane bolt as a treasure card. Wildbolt does 10, 100 or 1,000 damage as a normal spell when it hits a target and costs two pips. It frequently does 10 or 100 damage. Insane Bolt does 1,000 damage for two pips and is a moon spell, which you probably don't know about yet. The backlash of Insane Bolt is insane: 10,000 damage to the caster, but this only happens twenty percent of the time.
Really, both spells have already been fixed. Storm Wizards were getting their accuracy as high as possible just to spam Wildbolt, which at the time did 1,000 damage for two pips at ten percent accuracy. If Wildbolt was handicapped any more, no one would use it. Really, this low level just got very lucky and this probably won't happen again. And, your low level likely means that you weren't around when Wildbolt was fixed, and you haven't heard of Insane Bolt yet. And, for the record, neither spell is "stupid."

It happened three separate matches and It never hit 10 or 100

I must just be unlucky, lol

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
howbadisbad wrote:
Mimzkat101 wrote:

It happened three separate matches and It never hit 10 or 100

I must just be unlucky, lol
sounds like it could be insane bolt like others have mentioned... I primarily use a low level character in PvP and unfortunately have felt the sting of this too. When people can use a quick way to exploit a quick win they take full advantage of it. With under 1000 health it is quite annoying to me to get hit on turn one, die then lose rank without being able to cast a card. However, that being said, this mutation is better in the arena than the original spell.

But... KI did not design insane bolt as a kill card for the first round I'm sure and will probably adjust the level requirement or backfire percentage if people continue to abuse it.

In another thread I was poking at the idea of calling the game a tie if it were to end in the first few rounds. That would take care of these point and shoot strategies that really give the other person no time at all to successfully compete or defend.

Defender
Nov 19, 2008
cprocks988 wrote:
I think that KI should do what they did with the Astral spells, that you have to be a certain lvl to buy them.

both of those are storm spells. that storm can learn naturally

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Well that's what you get for fighting low level pvpers lol

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
cprocks988 wrote:

same here, or at least restrict it to anyone but storm

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I got a guy about my level, 31 is it now? I was half way done with him then...BAM! Burnzilla with over 800 damage and no traps or blades.