Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Carry around shields

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
I think it would be cool if they made a shield you can carry along with your wand that is permanent so like have a fire shield that whenever equiped has say a 25% resistance to fire and also a shield like that for every school. You could also only equip one at a time and show up in your hand so you can see it. i think they should only be sold in the crown shop.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
So would it be like a clothing item that gives resistance to certian schools if so I'm on board!

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
wertyu0 wrote:
I think it would be cool if they made a shield you can carry along with your wand that is permanent so like have a fire shield that whenever equiped has say a 25% resistance to fire and also a shield like that for every school. You could also only equip one at a time and show up in your hand so you can see it. i think they should only be sold in the crown shop.

i think everyone should get one like you get on at each ten levels

Defender
May 21, 2009
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Wizards don't carry shields; knights do. It wouldn't make sense if we lugged around shields when we can just cast them in battle.

Defender
Apr 30, 2010
Ok, let's take into account all the boosts that wizards already have. Clothes, amulet, athame, ring, wand, pet. Already people are complaining that wizards are overpowered, we do not need any more items that increase power or defense. The first reason to come up would be pvp, then what about ice? Their resist is already super high (Not to mention KI put a cap on the resistance so it can only be 52% to each school) So ice wizards who would go over the cap and therefore can't use the shield will complain that its unfair. And how will KI balance this out in the PvE situation? Will the people we fight in quests have shields and therefore super resists? And if they don't we have an extreme advantage that will make the game easier and make many players quit.

We don't need anymore boosts, it would create more problems than solutions at this point. Maybe if the level cap is raised this can be considered, but right now it would to more harm than good.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
It would cover up our clothing quite a bit. That is a thing I don't like about shields in other games. If you want a shield, ask them to make a wand. If they can put block chance on a wand, I am sure they cam put resistance on it too.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
cooladdy wrote:
wertyu0 wrote:

i think everyone should get one like you get on at each ten levels

if you are saying that you get a shield at evry ten lvls then i agree