Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Doom & Gloom

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 06, 2009
I was playing my death wizard and when she got to level 33 I was quick to run and get her doom and gloom cause I was very excited about it cause I wanted to have a cool bubble spell like all my friends are always using. But when I got there I found out doom and gloom only decreases heals. The enemies don't ever heal and my group needs to heal A LOT so this spell would be sour for us if I used it. I was excited to get my bubble and I find its useless and everyone prefers I not use it. I am not even good in pvp so its useless there to. Getting this spell just ruined my game experience and my day.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
melkat211 wrote:
I was playing my death wizard and when she got to level 33 I was quick to run and get her doom and gloom cause I was very excited about it cause I wanted to have a cool bubble spell like all my friends are always using. But when I got there I found out doom and gloom only decreases heals. The enemies don't ever heal and my group needs to heal A LOT so this spell would be sour for us if I used it. I was excited to get my bubble and I find its useless and everyone prefers I not use it. I am not even good in pvp so its useless there to. Getting this spell just ruined my game experience and my day.

I can assure you that no other school depends upon their global either. There are already so many 0 pip blades and traps, that 2 pip globals don't find their way into many battles. Not many wizards really need that extra damage for 2 pips. Remember, at least the death global is still useful for those who PvP. A Balance wizard's global increases the enemies power pip percentage!!

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Yes yes I know Doom and Gloom is a bad spell and KI doesn't want to do anything about it.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
Actually,the Doom and Gloom is very useful,you just have to use it at the right time.If your team is healthy,and the other team is low on health,then that is when you should use it.If your team is low on health,and the other team is healthy,you'll get nowhere.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
melkat211 wrote:

i heared the higher the world you are at the higher chance the enemy will heal
p.s. there is a dungeon in celestia that cheats with high towers and his minions will heal him often so thats a good time for gloom and doom
so dont give up on the spell it is really good depending how ya use it

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
don't worry. In celesta there are bosses who cheat and heal themselves. You may find a use for doom and gloom then.
There is also a boss in celesta who won't attack as often if players have low life, he also has a wicked bubble of his own. Doom and gloom would help there also.
Other than these few instances, doom and gloom is a dead spell. Of course we are necromancers, so it is kinda appropriate.