Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stopping first from having a big advantage

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2011
My idea how to make people going first not have such a massive advantage.

Make Heals always go before attacks and wards always go after attacks so first can't ward an incoming attack the same turn its launched since second can't do that anyways

so no matter who goes first the spell order takes this priority

Healing > Debuffs > Damage > Wards

post your thoughts

Survivor
May 23, 2010
I do agree that the first has a big advantage and pretty much has control of the battle. The first can always get the chance to have a clean strike without having to worry about shield. But the second player is always being reactive. I'm not sure if your idea will solve the problem and I'm not sure if you would like it if the order is always heal first. It is definitely a problem in pvp though. We do need a better pvp system and make it more fair.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
Squire
Jan 05, 2010
In a one vs one situation who would get priority if both players decided to attack on the same round? I think this would make fights longer too as healing off damage the round after attack would be too easy. It's nice to see you making suggestions though rather than complaining. Good line of thinking but might require a little tweaking. I like the Idea of a rock, paper, scissors type of game to decide, putting it in the hands of the players not a randomizing program.

Survivor
May 23, 2010
The idea of rock paper sissor is good, but it doesn't solve the problem that the battle will still be unfair because of who goes first.

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
MAGFIRE wrote:
worst idea ever
That's A) Rude, and B) Not very nice. Coming from me, that probably means nothing, but posters have the rights to their opinions.

Thanks, cologada, for part of the last sentence.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
looneyz00 wrote:
The idea of rock paper sissor is good, but it doesn't solve the problem that the battle will still be unfair because of who goes first.

most of rock paper scissors is still chance and would still leave who goes first to chance. i think either the lower lvls should go first or the lower rank should go first

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
I Somewhat agree...
I understand what you mean that first should be stopped, but, why cant they just make it more even?
Make it 50/50 going first and second, therefore you can have the advantage just as much as the weakness.
Unlike the 80%-90% of going second that I am cursed with :(

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
LordFireWizard7 wrote:
I Somewhat agree...
I understand what you mean that first should be stopped, but, why cant they just make it more even?
Make it 50/50 going first and second, therefore you can have the advantage just as much as the weakness.
Unlike the 80%-90% of going second that I am cursed with :(

It is already 50/50 on going first.

Every time someone goes first in the arena, someone else HAS to go second.

Sometimes you just have a bit of bad luck, like with hatching or fizzling.

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
i know right? i dont like this thing :( but i have a different idea the wheel spins randomly and whoever it lands on will go first, same thing on the second round the wheel spins randomly and, once again whoever it lands on goes first and this should happen outside pvp too :) hope this helps and will happen!

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Maybe they can make the dance and click the screen fast thing not work? Maybe this could solve things?