Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

'Trapped' is showing up as ...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
I recently told my friend that I was trapped and to my surprise trapped showed up as ... when it is white when you type it in. I have open chat and I do not know why this is happening...... please fix this.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Supersekh wrote:
I recently told my friend that I was trapped and to my surprise trapped showed up as ... when it is white when you type it in. I have open chat and I do not know why this is happening...... please fix this.

The same issue happens with the wrapped. It is likely blocked because the words are similar to raped and could potentially be used as a bypass. See the below thread:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/37621.ftl#209641

Defender
Mar 06, 2009
kingurz wrote:
Supersekh wrote:

The same issue happens with the wrapped. It is likely blocked because the words are similar to raped and could potentially be used as a bypass. See the below thread:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/37621.ftl#209641

Yeah, I noticed anything with 'rappe' in it you can't say! Even though a quest in WT is named 'Trapped Out'.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Supersekh wrote:

That's a truly odd glitch! E-mail Mr. Lincoln if you'd like to see it fixed. But yes, it is probably about the word "rape".

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
This is annoying, I know it is. I tried to say things like "Trapped" "Wrapped" and, when I went to McDonalds, I noticed something called a Frappe', and tried to tell my best friend about it, since she LOVES sweet drinks like that. It is blocked because it is similar to the word "rape" or "raped", and could very easily be used as a censor block. Hope this helped.

-Taylor LifeHeart

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
Since the update of Wysteria, Trapped can be said. But i think because of a certain word that use to be in there. Also grape is showind up as ... and grapes show white, but come out as ... and also KI isnt allowed to be said :-o

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
stormschool99 wrote:
Since the update of Wysteria, Trapped can be said. And just to warn you guys who actually spelled out the actuall word, There are youngsters who come on to the message board like me, me being only 11, that would be harsh for me to see. But luckily i already know about that stuff and never talk about it. But try to be more carefull with what you post on the message boards. :-o

I would hope that youngsters would know about that so that if that horrible concept ever happened to them, they would be able to articulate that information to the proper authorities to start the recovery process.

KI doesn't want that word in the game for all the wrong reasons players could use that in joking or mean ways.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2011
One question...why is kingsile acepting these replys with the "R" word? This is a kids game. This is just a question though.

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
Storm456456 wrote:
One question...why is kingsile acepting these replys with the "R" word? This is a kids game. This is just a question though.

because this is the forum, not the game.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Because unlike in the game, the Kingsisle staff read through our forum posts before they allow them onto the board (hi, Mrs. Moderator! *waves*), whereas that would be completely impossible in the game itself.

Still, there are quite a few words I've run into - but cannot remember at the moment - that show up as valid when you type them, but get blocked when you actually send the message. Your best bet, I assume, would be to note down what words they were (and the context in which you said them), and send a ticket to Support with the details so they can fix it.