Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 7-1-11

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's Friday, everyone! Happy Canada Day to those who celebrate, Happy Fourth of July to those who celebrate that, and just a happy Friday to everyone else! ::grin:: And you know what that means, right? Time for another edition of Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Since it's a holiday weekend for some of us, let's do a fun one. Fireworks are cool and all, but Wizards could potentially make some truly spectacular ones with their magic! For inspiration, think of the great fireworks scene in Lord of the Rings, where the big dragon appears! If you could set off a firework in the Spiral, what would it look like?

Have a safe and happy weekend everyone!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
School based fireworks that explode and rain down school specific graphics. Like fire would have falling embers or Myth will falling frogs. Something similar to the school specific global spells currently in the game.

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
i think the fireworks should be people like one firework could be you Pr.Falmea and the other could be the other teacher and one might be your wizard if you look a pretty long time

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
Perhaps make the fireworks shaped like many creatures in the spiral home to that world like WC:Piggles,Krokotopia:Mander or Krok,Marleybone:Baxter?,Mooshu:Cow or Oni?Dragonspyre:Malistaire,Cyrus,Draconion?Celestia:Crab? Clawcutter?Grizzleheim:Boar or Bear?Wintertusk:Ymir? Ok well thats what i think but i wonder if you can make the fireworks into the game this 4th of July?

Survivor
Nov 08, 2010
It would have all the school symbols in the school colours with heaps of sparkles and glitter :-)

Community Leader
Oh. I love this one professor, I actually been thinking about this for awhile and got a few that would be neat.
An explosion of fire cats hopping all over the place. Like ground flowers (real fireworks)
A grand boutique of frost flowers , as they fall to ground disappear.
Bartleby with sparkles falling from his tree leaves.
All the school symbols , you know like the ones when you teleport. all over the place.
Any of the level 48 or 58 spells.

Grand display could be all the NPC or Professors.

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
Mine would be a purple with a fuse that only goes off by lightning. You need to cast a thunder snake an talk to it to set it off. When it blows up there is a storm lord that fires in to the sky creating a big ball of lightning.

Luke Duskbreath: lvl 57 divinner

Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
I would like to shoot off a Fire Dragon firework! Think of it: JUST like in Lord of the Rings! :D

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
I'd watch instead of set off. But I'd set off HUGE fireworks if I could. :D

Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
Hmmm... I think a good firework would be a genie/efreet. A large red rocket shoots up above the pond in the commons, a genie comes out, and gives all wizards in the spiral, even if they are offline, a gift!

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
If we could set off fireworks I would want a fire dragon like in Lord of the Rings.

Explorer
Jul 23, 2009
I loved the scene in Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix where Fred and George set off all of the fireworks in the great hall, especially the huge dragon at the end. I have a feeling a lot of people are gonna suggest this.

Moving fireworks that look like leprachauns, dragons, sharks, dogs, wands, imps, and pixies would be pretty cool. They could be floating around the streets or flying in the sky.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
what the fireworks would be multi-colored fireworks get fired at once and once they blow up, show the form of merle ambrose with colors and all. then the fireworks show all the professors and then normal fireworks come up. how do you like that, falmea?

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
Survivor
Jul 27, 2010
Throughout most parts of Wizard City I could see myself hanging out with my friends and looking up into the sky noticing fireworks in the shape of different commonly used spells. Great idea for the 4th of July, but anyhow I got my Patriotic Leprechaun to Epic now and it got "may cast disarm". Really excited to see what it can do.

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
I think a single firework should split into three glowing balls: one red for fire, one blue for ice, and one purple for storm. The red ball forms into the fire titan, the dragon, the ice forms into Ymir, and the storm forms into the storm titan, the leviathan if I am not mistaken. The three titans start fighting and continue untill they destroy each other in a series of fireworks related to their school.

Please take my idea into account.

-Blaze ShadowHunter, Level 60 Pyromancer
-Blaze SpellCaster, Level 52 Sorceror

Survivor
May 30, 2010
I think you should have fireworks that make it look like a profeser using a spell or a spell doing an attack :) :-) :)

Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
Maybe a giant firecat prancing across the sky. Or a Ninja Pig throwing a throwing star! Or huge sparkling Rat Magican! :) I could go on like this all day!

Victoria Griffinbane

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Fireworks!? In this hot weather? I would rather use balefrost. Speaking of which if you have ice spells, use them. The feel of it makes the days not seem so hot (It really works!!!). Anyways I would like one where a comet comes down and explodes in the sky sending stars off left and right (better get your umbrella out!).

Survivor
Oct 18, 2010
Lady Oriel would appear in a cloud of magical life school signs, riding astride a magnificent Unicorn in full gallop, mane and hair flowing behind. Faerys and sprites flying above her, while satyrs, turtles, and forest lords ran beside her, streaking across the sky, all casting their magic at some unseen foe just beyond our vision in front of her. All the while, hearing, Bartleby's voice guiding them on......
We are healers, but life creatures and students can be fierce warriors-- Happy 4th of July, Wizards.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Here are some of my firework ideas, with alternating sequences so it doesn't get repetitive too quickly. :D

Fire- A red flare flies up into the air and explodes into a dragon made of fire. The dragon continues to fly upward, flapping its wings a couple of times before shriveling away.

Fire 2- Same sequence, but a Phoenix takes shape instead.

Fire 3- Instead of a Fire creature, the Fire School symbol
takes form after the firework explodes

Ice- A blue flare flies up into the air and explodes into a giant, oblong glob of ice that stays suspended. After a few moments, the ice glob trembles, then shatters into a cascade of twinking ice crystals that form the Ice School symbol.

Ice 2- Same sequence, but the ice crystals form a smiley face instead.

Ice 3- Same sequence, except the ice glob does not explode, and instead tumbles down to the earth with a -Boom!-

Storm- A purple flare flies up into the air and explodes into a sparkle shower of purple crystals. The crystals crackle for a brief moments before lighting up the sky with waves of purple electrical whips before disappearing.

Storm 2- When the flare explodes, dark storm clouds form and send rods of purple lightning in all directions. After a few moments, the storm clouds dissipate.

Storm 3- Same sequence as 2, except instead of lightning bolts, the Storm Lord's hand appears from the cloud with his index and pinky finger extended (the rock-out gesture, as I call it)

Life- A green flare flies up into the air and explodes into a throng of glowing leaves that whoosh around randomly for a few moments, then begin to swirl around in the shape of a globe. The globe of leaves shrinks in on itself before exploding outward, spreading the leaves into the distance.

Life 2- Same sequence, except instead of leaves, a throng of doves does the sequence instead.

Life 3- When the flare explodes, a giant rainbow ring appears in the sky. The ring rotates once before dissipating.

Death- A white flare flies into the air, but turns black on the way up. When it explodes, shreds of shadow pool together and form a swirling black vortex. A giant Skeletal Dragon's head pokes out of the vortex, looks around, and growls before pulling itself back into the vortex, which shrivels away moments later.

Death 2- Same sequence, except a giant Scarecrow's head appears's instead.

Death 3- Same sequence, except a giant Vampire's head appears instead.

Myth- A yellow flare flies into the air and explodes, causing the sky to vibrate in the shape of a circle and little yellow crystals spinning around the outline of the vibrations, disappearing when the vibrations cease.

Myth 2- Same sequence, except the vibrations are in the shape of a square.

Myth 3- When the flare explodes, there's a bright light, and then a pyramid with small wings appears in the sky. It hovers for a few moments, then an eye opens up on the front of the pyramid and it flies into the sky, disappearing in a flash.

Balance- A light brown flare flies into the sky and explodes into a giant cloud of locusts, which eventually flies off into the distance.

Balance 2- Looks like a regular firework, except the flares that explode of out the original flare are made of sand.

Balance 3- The flare explodes into two flares which pause in the air and swirl around each other before zooming off in opposite directions.

The idea is that these are animations that play out on the graphic of the sky in each world. I hope they're good.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:
It's Friday, everyone! Happy Canada Day to those who celebrate, Happy Fourth of July to those who celebrate that, and just a happy Friday to everyone else! ::grin:: And you know what that means, right? Time for another edition of Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Since it's a holiday weekend for some of us, let's do a fun one. Fireworks are cool and all, but Wizards could potentially make some truly spectacular ones with their magic! For inspiration, think of the great fireworks scene in Lord of the Rings, where the big dragon appears! If you could set off a firework in the Spiral, what would it look like?

Have a safe and happy weekend everyone!

i think we should make the three titans
the ice fire and storm for the fireworks
then we have grandmother raven and bartleby create the spiral